SSB kinda sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Re: SSB kinda sucks

Originally Posted by CN STARZ

oh, and again..... just remember that John doesn't actually physically, personally label and send out each and every issue of the mag to subscribers.
That lazy ****. Let's burn him!!

Old 06-30-2007, 08:50 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Wow, sounds like alot of built up aggression ........... There's a simple solution, if you don't like the way things are, then work your way to fix it, if not willing to, shut the F@ck up....... (i.e., make your own mag and see what it's like)

I'm sure if john says he's trying, then he probably is, but busting his ballz is not going to get him to try any harder! And not getting paid to be on the cover, yeah, should of gotten something, but you made the cover, would love to have that on my resume', that says something in itself........

and to John, sometimes it takes money to make money, so spend some loot and get out there more the shows and events. i've learned it's usually easier to do it yourself, so if you know what shots you want/need, then go get them. Maybe you should hire someone to just do that.....( huh huh hmmmmm, i'm free )

Def agree with the stunt section, There is enough going on to do 4-5 pages easily IMO, There's always something going on........

just my
Old 06-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by nick_villan
y do u buy it if it stinks
i dont but i happened to see it in my friends truck picked it up and quickly realize why i let other people buy it and then i browse through to see if theres any wheelies in it
-mike
Old 06-30-2007, 01:30 PM

E RacK can only hope to improve

ssb sold out... forever
Old 06-30-2007, 03:17 PM

PETe P is a decent person

i'm with most.....ssb really does suck nowadays.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:26 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

only reason magazine is popular is because of stuntriding.so they pretty much used people and now saying *** them.what a bunch of homos!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 07:47 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

ok while the magazine has gone through some changes and i have disagreed about several things that have been done.. i remember the first was way back when the stunt runtz were made in the likeness of a few people, DJ and cory... riders didnt get compensated and I thought that they should have licensed the riders appearance and paid everyone they used

without ssb we wouldnt be where we are

they did a test and the cover with the custom bike sold more that the cover with the stunt.. and honestly some of the stunt covers looked like ****

as far as the pics of jon and dave in there and the **** talking captions.. im sure that come from daves experience over in europe.. I dont really like it... but the "crossing the lot" comment still made me chuckle

and the fact that the editor and ***. editor (hehe jk john) get on here is pretty cool...

if you didnt get your subscriptions, that dont have **** to do with them, im sure they tell their superiors that people are bitching..but what can they really do beyond that

Last edited by DSOG Thomas; 06-30-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:48 PM

*** editor
Old 07-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

sell outs? SSB? sell out? ur killin me right.. SSB hasnt sold out.. they bought in... the same way every stunter on this site would!!..
money = work = success = LIFE.. get over it already...

i dont know dave well, but i know JZ.. and he works hard for stunting. even if this website doesnt think so...

-kane
Old 07-01-2007, 02:49 AM

nick_villan is a decent person

dude in the long run ssb is about making money, like any other busines. If more squids(not saying that only squids by the magazines, but im sure a lot of them do) are going to buy the magazine becuase its has pictures of streched out busas and tons of bling, of corse there gona used that as there main focus in their magazine. just my
Old 07-01-2007, 11:46 AM

u guys want it simple??

we complain on the internet that we are not buying the mag

Sportchrome, Chrome Effects, TOCC, CandS and all those companies complain and say we will advertise if you cover more bikes

one month of those full page ads is more money that all of us spend on that mag in a year
Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 PM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

people-
what's the argument here? first, you claim ssb sucks and is a sell out because it features more custom bikes than stunting, then in another thread the mag is bashed for not featuring bullo's custom painted bike (which is complete BS, btw).
so it seems that all content is doomed unless it pertains directly to the stunt community...the only custom bikes we should show are stunters' custom bikes, and the only stories should be long drawn out stories on stunt events that document each time somebody takes a **** or drinks a beer?
please reference some of the back issues you're so fond of and compare stunt coverage to custom bike coverage. you'll be surprised.
then look at page counts and issues per year. i think you'll be surprised to find that on a monthly basis, stunting gets more coverage now than ever before! the only difference is that a stunt isn't the main cover image.
we scratch our heads each month trying to give pages to the stunt community, but it has to be justified and still appeal somewhat to the masses. we covered stunt fury (what was the attendence—100 people?), stunt jam, and some "support the troops" thing even. hell, xdl got 3 pages.
yet apparently there's still more to cover? of course, ryan s will reply here and say we should do 10 pages on his china motogp story, but besides that?
we do major feature coverage of the major events ( stunt wars, stunt fest) and cover all the small stuff too.
but somehow we hate the stunt community and have turned our backs? whatever.
furthermore, even after all this hate (and absolutely no financial support through ads, mind you) we still continue to support the stunt community.
it's almost like having a girlfriend that cheats, yet we still do what we can to patch **** up. we're not "guilty" of anything other than selling more mags than ever. sorry if that hurts some of your feelings.
we've got some huge and cool **** coming specifically for the stunt community, so be patient and stfu already. damn.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:15 PM

SuicideMyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SSB reallysucks

All I gotta say is I had magazine subscriptions for years to different mag company's and out of all of them I never had a problem except with SSB that stole my money last year then put me in collections for 14.95
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by big dave
of course, ryan s will reply here and say we should do 10 pages on his china motogp story, but besides that?
we do major feature coverage of the major events ( stunt wars, stunt fest)

yeah, because china moto gp is just small time bro.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

China.. pffft... nobody even lives there anyways...

haha
Old 07-01-2007, 11:55 PM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=DSOG Thomas;2828685]

they did a test and the cover with the custom bike sold more that the cover with the stunt.. and honestly some of the stunt covers looked like ****

as far as the test,,, are we going to drive all around town looking for the stunt cover,,, or just buy the ******* one in the store we are in,,,,,, it should have been a vote/pole,,,, or every other one,,,,,
Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

did i say GARBAGE already ?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person

Originally Posted by Artiom
did i say GARBAGE already ?
until i get my own 10 page interview for being the baddest **** stunter from the rainy state i hate SSB....just kiddin

it it what it is people will buy these mags and stunters who are upset with SSB will look at the mag. to see whats in store each month...

it is what it is

there are buyers and sellers, pick your posion and keep doin what you do
Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 PM

adr3naline fix is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a letter from a debt collection agency, saying I owe 14.95 for the subscription. No lie, I put my response in the mail box 60 seconds ago.

I sent them a letter back saying SSB is a poor excuse for a sport bike magazine and is for posers who spend their money on dumbass magazines like this instead of putting it into their gas tank or bike all-together.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point

The only problem i have with the mag is this, yeah, XDL got 3 pages. All pictures no story, great, i can see bikes, but i have no idea what the fvck is going on.

But features on 12 ft long 'busas take 6 pages. What the ****? Give me more writing on XDL and 2 less full page shots of the busa with a real wolf jaw mold.

If this used to be a grassroots mag on stunting and used to make it, what the **** happened? Why can't the mag make it without covering bass boat paint jobs and 700 lbs of chrome anymore?

Quick Reply: SSB kinda sucks