JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SSB kinda sucks

Originally Posted by Artiom
SSB is for homos
I'd like to cancel my script now
Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

I think it is great someone is out there trying to get more out there on the sport, as it is hard to find anything else. Makes you think about blowing your wad on a new bike that looks like everyone elses. Fact is, from what I have read for a while back, it seems ssb could be split into 2 different magazines. Have a mag stunt riding only, and another with show bikes and custom bikes for looks. I bet you would sell more anyways, and the people that really want both would probably pay the few extra bucks to get it anyways. I live in Montana and have a helluva time getting to any event so it is nice to have something like ssb to show what is out there I am missing. I do agree, being stunters we want to see more stunt in a mag, so why not make a mag just for stunters??? I would assume it is because there is not enough advertising through stunting to keep a magazine alive, but maybe it is time to go after the big manufacturers and what not. Hell, hire me and I will keep the pages filled with ads, trust me.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Nascency Project Ninja

nascency_heidi is a decent person

In John's defense, he can only turn in what he does... if they like it, they use it. If not, he changes it to what they WILL use. It goes above and beyond him.

On a more important note, I believe: Mike, you said 'plethora'!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CN STARZ
In John's defense, he can only turn in what he does... if they like it, they use it. If not, he changes it to what they WILL use. It goes above and beyond him.

On a more important note, I believe: Mike, you said 'plethora'!

Hey, check your VM nekka......call me back.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speedfreak Chic

Maybe you guys could add in a stunt section specifically to show love to these guys or something? Like 5 - 10 pages a month specifically dedicated to the stunt world?
It's called Scene.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 PM

mikkee is a decent person

How much is a subscription??
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
It's called Scene.

Right...but Scene isn't stunt ONLY....Scene is everything in the industry.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by EEKENTERPRISES
I think it is great someone is out there trying to get more out there on the sport, as it is hard to find anything else. Makes you think about blowing your wad on a new bike that looks like everyone elses. Fact is, from what I have read for a while back, it seems ssb could be split into 2 different magazines. Have a mag stunt riding only, and another with show bikes and custom bikes for looks. I bet you would sell more anyways, and the people that really want both would probably pay the few extra bucks to get it anyways. I live in Montana and have a helluva time getting to any event so it is nice to have something like ssb to show what is out there I am missing. I do agree, being stunters we want to see more stunt in a mag, so why not make a mag just for stunters??? I would assume it is because there is not enough advertising through stunting to keep a magazine alive, but maybe it is time to go after the big manufacturers and what not. Hell, hire me and I will keep the pages filled with ads, trust me.
You got it. How many stunt specific companies advertise in SSB. NONE.

Truth is those bikes you hate on support Stunt Riding by paying the bills.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Speedfreak Chic
Right...but Scene isn't stunt ONLY....Scene is everything in the industry.
I can't get 5-10 pages of stunt material a month. I work an ungodly amount of hours as it is, and I can't go to every event. I rely on YOU guys to get me the material I need.

I don't think I have turned down a story in a really long time from a contributor for ANY stunt event. BUT I always say it depends on the photos. We are a magazine and if the greatest event in the world happened and there isn't any photos to support it, we WON'T run the story.

And anytime I say NO to any story or idea.... there it goes... another thread on SL on how we suck. I get told No 20X an issue.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Some:YEAH body will come out with a full on stunt mag!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 50slut
Some:YEAH body will come out with a full on stunt mag!
I will buy it and complain about the lack of custom bikes in it JK
Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

I can't get 5-10 pages of stunt material a month. I work an ungodly amount of hours as it is, and I can't go to every event. I rely on YOU guys to get me the material I need.

I don't think I have turned down a story in a really long time from a contributor for ANY stunt event. BUT I always say it depends on the photos. We are a magazine and if the greatest event in the world happened and there isn't any photos to support it, we WON'T run the story.

And anytime I say NO to any story or idea.... there it goes... another thread on SL on how we suck. I get told No 20X an issue.

I think you should do a story on my avitar......

<----------------------------
Old 06-29-2007, 02:48 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said John....you're damned if ya do, damned if ya don't...I understand. Run a bunch of articles and people bitch about no photos. Say no because photos suck, and people bitch. Run too many photos and people bitch...it sucks, but you'll never make everyone happy.

You can't win....but you work your *** off. And it's easier to criticize from the outside looking in instead of appreciating the work that does get done with the thousands of hours you put into this each issue. It's a tough gig, but you work your *** off to do what I assume is the best you can.

On a positive note, I'll be the first to stand up here and say you gave us awesome coverage with the articles from Daytona, especially the Baller's Ride (yes SL'ers, it was the show bikes...but ALL the people in that ride hold a huge admiration for the stunt riders and how hard y'all work...and all those same "baller's were out at the underground spot in Daytona at night supporting the stunters) and you also covered Warped Toy's Stunt Fury well with their article and we appreciate it. The paragraph with my name in it is my wallpaper on my phone, lol.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by CPat; 06-29-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:55 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

I've worked in the publishing world before and it is a "youre damned if u do and damned if u dont" you can never please everyone @ once.

Magazine publication is a very stresfull and tedius thing. Magazines have to survive anyway they can, trends change, personel changes, everything changes. Its normal progression just like any other media.

I think many ppl have a hard time understanding that you dont just put in a picture and run a caption and there is your issue. Most magazines dont get done till the very last hours of the deadline, everything changes constantly.

Its easy for ppl to critique especially with the forums, back and forth is easier now than ever. Plus u dont have to wait a month for the next issue to come out to read about it, u get it right away on the net. Information is gold.

What ive learned in my first few months of working in print is that, you cant take **** personally either as a writer,reader,contributor. Not every story will be published, not every paragraph will be kept, but u know what, thats publishing for you. People who are not in the publishing world dont see that, thye just think that the editors or writers are out to get them by not putting their pic or story or whatever, wich is not the case.

Last edited by Saturnin; 06-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

dont go blaming the wrong people
Old 06-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

i say put more kane in it and itll get better..

haha

-kane
Old 06-29-2007, 03:32 PM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I say **** kane.....we've seen enough of him....Put the scraper bikes and the trunk boiz in there and it'll sell like hotcakes

"scrapin' on my scraper bike"
Old 06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
dont go blaming the wrong people
i hear ya buddy, im just stuck at home with a seperated shoulder and nothing else to bitch about. read it, blazed one, and bitched. and yes heidi i said plethora, **** if we hung out more youd hear me use all sorts of cool words .
-mike
Old 06-29-2007, 04:10 PM

ELOPEZ636 is an unknown quantity at this point

zanni liquor store saturday night???
Old 06-29-2007, 04:12 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

I will buy it and complain about the lack of custom bikes in it JK

^^^^ This kicks ***!!! :YEAH

Quick Reply: SSB kinda sucks