Professional stunters income???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:11 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Professional stunters income???

Originally Posted by Darius
If you're selling video's, doing a decent amount of show's, getting money from sponsors and winning comps it's easy to make well over 100k per year. Not having a dvd line, sponsors and minimal shows you wont make ****! And last I heard being a hater is the poorest profession! If you wanna be broke, hate and speculate and for sure one day you will be like this guy.
That still ain't much as far as how much time and money you put into your riding. I made over 100k last year along with benifits and medical and dental coverage working construction.
BUT.. I love this **** and I would trade places w/anyone that is talented enough to make this their full time job. Regardless of how much they came out ahead.

For now imma just keep practicing.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

i dont know if itll ever take off, but i know there are thousands of people out there who are on or near the same level as any of the guys you see in videos who will never make **** from stuntriding, just do it to do it. i know just free tires would help me out more than anything
Old 06-30-2007, 12:15 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

we were making 1500$ a show. now divide that by 3 of us, then take away the hundred or 2 on gas.....it usually ended up being about 200$ in each of our pockets a show. we would have to do that 5 times a week to even have a decent income.

ya, you might make a decent ammount at 1 show, but how many shows are you goign to book? if you make 200 a show and want to make 30k a year then you have to do 150 shows a year. so pretty close to a show every other day.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:26 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott-
tell your girl once you go pro youll get mad bike ho's so she better start suckin good and no spittin that **** out
Old 06-30-2007, 02:08 AM

r1fireman is a decent person

Stunt because it's a family thing and a wonderful past time, stunt because those that stunt with through the good and the bad, pick you up at 1am in the morning after falling are there for you, stunt because money is worthless compared to the memories you have...GODSPEED TO YOU ALL...www.onewheelaction.com
Old 06-30-2007, 02:17 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KennyCBR600F3
this would come from the parental units.....
thats what i said to him on sl and he got all pissed and said say that to me at a comp and see what happpens
Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 AM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

we all know britton is pulling down that dolla with that show....
Old 06-30-2007, 02:26 AM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

Originally Posted by thehate.
dude we did 25+ shows last year at $1000 to $1800 per show {like 2 we did for free} and made **** for $$!!! there is no $ in this sport ...not yet anyways!!!!
and if you sell Movies distributors pay you **** per copy they sell!!! they make the $ and you put in all the time!
So 20,000 to 35,000 isn't good enough for a part time job? I dont really understand.I think thats pretty good for doing something on the side.And something you love to do in the first place.I never said you would be making triple digits.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:03 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by $ROSS$
So 20,000 to 35,000 isn't good enough for a part time job? I dont really understand.I think thats pretty good for doing something on the side.And something you love to do in the first place.I never said you would be making triple digits.
You need to look at the bigger picture! ...like insurance for a show! bike parts, gas $ to get there and,, and, and, and, I dont do it it get rich I do it cuz I like it! A good friend of mine Ben Thompson {PRO AMA road racer} made $150,000 last year as a top pro privateer and lived off less then $12,000 for the year! the rest went back into racing and making the races hell it cost him $8,000 just to race at Daytona! it kinda like that on a small scale! you aint gona get rich unless you were born with the silver spoon in your mouth and it's more for the fame then the $$$.......like only a "small" hand full of "D" stunters!!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:05 AM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

tell your girl once you go pro youll get mad bike ho's so she better start suckin good and no spittin that **** out

thats so fu$%ing hilarious!! im gna try that. lol
Old 07-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is how you turn your "hobby" into a "lifestyle".

I think the skateboarding example fits the thread beautifully. Skate companies ran by skaters. I have yet to find a bike shop that simply caters to the stunt side of riding. Online retailers proving few, far and in between stunt parts cant make **** because the demand for them is not there. Riders cant book decent paying shows because the venues are too small for the investment to show a return from the event. You cant ride at dealerships, restaurants, and bike shops and expect them to pay out $2000 when they wont see the return on investment. DVD's are usually edited slightly over amateur at best and if you decide to take it to a distributor kiss your profit goodbye. To seriously take your hobby and transform it into something that supports you financially - a lifestyle - you have to take total control of it. Own the bike shop, make good investments with your earnings that generate more money to fuel your passion. Promote yourself. Some of the guys that appear to be livin large have... jobs... lol. The "sport" of stunt riding is on the up and up with bigger and more publicized competitions and recent television coverage on shows such as
"superbikes" but its going to take a lot more than that to get paid
Old 07-05-2007, 01:07 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

+1 to LRM.

Motorsports are known to be an expensive hobby, with very few professionals. There are even fewer pros that are really getting paid. Expert level AMA racers don't make a thing for purses so they have to hustle for their money. Sponsors and endorsement deals.

There are more regular guys working regular jobs and racing at the expert level on various weekends during the season and making dick for money off the sport proper...it's insane.

The way to get known is to make yourself known, and seek out the attention of companies who aren't already sponsoring a rider, start taking chances. The money from shows and comps pales in comparison to endorsement deals, ad campaigns, and just constantly promoting this sport as a form of entertainment. that effort is something that will come back to you in the form of money.

Just like planting a seed eventually yields you some smoke, you get out what you put in. Potential sponsors aren't usually going to come to you. It happens, but if that is happening, for every one that comes and finds you, there are probably twenty that would have said yes if you went and asked.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LRMzx636
I have yet to find a bike shop that simply caters to the stunt side of riding.
www.haibikeshop.com

Originally Posted by LRMzx636
The "sport" of stunt riding is on the up and up with bigger and more publicized competitions and recent television coverage on shows such as
"superbikes"
Where have you been for the past 5 years?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:38 AM

petey crack is an unknown quantity at this point

thats what im talkin about pimp, keep it rel:YEAH
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have very little experience with any of this, but I've been around it. From what I've seen, if you are just a rider doing shows and being shown in other people's films, you are barely scraping by and better have a day job.

The people that make the films seem to do a bit better, but that seems to be hit and miss.

I imagine very few guys are making a 6 figure income off stunting.

Your riding better be dope as hell, making your own videos, doing LOTS of shows, killing it in competitions, and getting some nice sponsorships going. Diversify diversify diversify. Then you might make some coin, I imagine VERY few stunters are at this level.

I think professional stunting could be a good advertisement tool for a bike shop. So who wants to get paid peanuts to ride for my shop? :D
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

In this thread I'm reading a lot of despair, but I see a lot of opportunity.

I'm going to figure out how to support this hobby and make myself rich in the process. Some of you might want to grab onto my coat tails

I'm not a stunter, but I do like it. I just dick off on the streets, always have, always will. I've never built a dedicated stunt bike. I'm a college student *trying* to run his own bike shop. I have my minty street bike and no other money for anything else. Everything else I profit gets put right back into the business. I registered here mainly to cruise the for sale forums to buy bikes to part out.

I actually started posting here because I could talk about breaking a speed limit without 50 **** talking **** like they do on traditional bike boards. I don't post much, but this board has really seems to have become more active over the three years I've been lurking. It also seems to have LOTS more newbie posts. More and more people are getting interested in stunt riding.

****, I remember not too long ago you were the ******* MAN if you could ride a tank wheelie. If you rocked a highchair you were a local celebrity. The hobby is growing and progressing. In 02 or so I thought it was a passing fad. I no longer have my mind made up about that. This hobby just needs a couple big break throughs to really see some success. Like how the dog town skaters and pools revolutionized skateboarding, stunt riding just needs some big break through. Someone out there somewhere has that idea or will discover it soon. (I hope)

I post here and read here and get simple little ideas all the time. Right now I just don't have the capital to follow through on them. This hobby is getting bigger, getting more exposure, getting more riders, getting more "legit".

Ride because you love to do it. Work hard because you have to if you want the hobby/sport to go anywhere. Think BIG. Don't let anyone tell you something won't work or you can't make something happen.

Everyday I visit this board I see potential. Ride because you love it, keep it up, and good things will happen.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:57 PM

FerstlerSlim is an unknown quantity at this point

You just heard from two of the biggest names in stunting.... Darius and Kane. One says you could easily make 100k, other says the same but cost of riding is so high that you need to make 100k to make a living. Unless i misconstrued what they were saying i think this topic is beat.

Dave
Old 07-05-2007, 06:24 PM

tokyojrock is an unknown quantity at this point

I know a couple (meaning 2 or 3) making a decent living now....but better put your ducks in a row cause if you think you can do this and retire from it...think again. Keeping it as a hobby/and a fun thing you like to do is the way to go. Not chasing fruitless ambitions that could ultimately make you suffer. How many football players are there in the US, how many Baseball, how many motocross riders, etc etc....how many make a career out of it? Question answered, papers served, respectively declined, stamped sealed and delivered....resubmit 60 days...NEXT! LOL Plus the ones that are successful have a good business sense as well and could succeed elsewhere in life, not just stunting.

But I am not one to stomp on peoples dreams, if you have drive, determination, and the right attributes...the sky is the limit.

You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery of having a hit chopper builder show! HAHA
Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Darius, Kane, Teach, Joe V., Clint Ewing, Jason Britt. Seem to be on the stunter money train with title sponsors and shows. good to see. My guess is watch and learn from other peoples mistakes and improve on them. It's a definite not quit your day job kinda sport yet.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I have been in the game game for 6 years and consider myself a pro rider, but like in any sport there are "TOP level pro's" and pro riders! and in this sport there are only a few who make enuff $$ at it to be able to pay there bills! it's a good 2nd job but thats about it!! but I have fun with it and when time comes when im not having fun any more....i'll quit!

Quick Reply: Professional stunters income???