Professional stunters income???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Professional stunters income???

Originally Posted by old man roger
thats it im starting a thread on the perfect stunt bike.....
You're so out of the loop
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
whats next...

Professional stunters groupies?

Hi,

Im new to stunting, Im a virgin and Ive never gotten laid before. Not to be rude but how many times a week do professional stunters get laid? Im thinking this is a good carear choice for me to get into? I mean like 2-3 groupies a show or more? We know the pros in most sports bang countless random chicks a night, I always see rappers in videos with sick *** hotties hanging all over them. Is it true that guys who cant pick up chicks obviously cant ride a wheelie??? Is that my problem?

WTF>?
haha ,lol WTF? is right. When I started "stunting "=(basicly just riding wheelies and rolling endos) it wasnt even considered stunting ,I just loved to imitate tricks that I seen other riders do . its all about feeding your passion and trying to rock new sh*t , overcoming personal obstacles , and showin off ,etc............ its about the thrill the fun ,ya know. gettin paid for shows,videos and sponsorships is all thats availabe now for some ,which is great it gives us a goal so consider it a bonus for doin something that you have fun at and like to do.

Dont get into it with intentions of being rich from it ,because after you get hurt and crash again & again & have to keep paying to fix your bike and uprade. You'l most likely quit , it has to be something that you feel ,something that you want to do. Ive come to realize all of this more as the years go by ,and everyone I know that used to ride gets hurt or doesnt see themselves getting anywhere with it and then quit. And there looking at me like WTF? cause im still continuing to ride and practice whenever I can or whenever my bikes rideable ,lol. But some peeps just dont get it...
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

no bs...

when i did my taxes i found out i spent 72,000 last year, and at xmas time had around 6k left in the bank. so... there..
i spent 13,000 on fuel alone.

i dont think ive ever actually done a stunt show where ive MADE money.. breakin even on stunt exhibitions just allows me to keep doing em. retail end i suck *** at and never make anything. i aquire income through sponsorship $. and the bottom line with all my sponsors is... that its not just business. they are all my friends.

there... i said it

-kane

Last edited by Kaneone; 06-29-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
thats it im starting a thread on the perfect stunt bike.....
the perfect stunt bike never built........
Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Big R 508
dude , i know what u r thinkin in ur mind....oh ya i m gunna make alot of money sellin my subcage ....nice try lol
trust me i know im not gonna get rich selling subcages....
Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 PM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by SmokeRing
skateboarding also has its own industry to support itself. they had skaters running skate companies. we're a bunch of street riding hooligans lookin for support from the big four. we as an industry don't have enough money to support ourselves, considering all our industry has to offer for products is handbrake adapters, sprockets and cages. other than that we don't control the money. it's all up to them....it was the same for FMXers
well stunters have there own shoes now..so hopefully they will catch own like skater shoes... you are very correct when you say skaters went and made the market... that is why i started a shoe company for stunters and other extreme sport..but stunters first... once we boost our own market.... the other companies will want to step up cause they want a piece of the pie... but right now the pie isn't looking good enough for them to bite... we are on the right track though..just will take time
Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I made $28.57 this quarter!! but I got laid 24 times!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by thehate.
and you spent thousands doing that
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM

That's top 10 Forbes!...24 times :YEAH
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR1
That's top 10 Forbes!...24 times :YEAH
you know!.........thats how I roll!!

Last edited by thehate.; 06-29-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:13 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone thought of renting those bitches after tryin em out?

they should sell better than dvds...
Old 06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

Really if you can line up enough shows it can be like a part time job.Sometimes its not that hard to do and others it seems like i never do a show.People have def spent a lot more on me than i have made doing this so far.But i just love riding so if i really wanted to do this full time i guess i could hustle and try to get a lot of shows lined up.Maybe Hard to do if you are trying to work another job. Just ride. F it
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by $ROSS$
Really if you can line up enough shows it can be like a part time job.Sometimes its not that hard to do and others it seems like i never do a show.People have def spent a lot more on me than i have made doing this so far.But i just love riding so if i really wanted to do this full time i guess i could hustle and try to get a lot of shows lined up.Maybe Hard to do if you are trying to work another job. Just ride. F it
dude we did 25+ shows last year at $1000 to $1800 per show {like 2 we did for free} and made **** for $$!!! there is no $ in this sport ...not yet anyways!!!!
and if you sell Movies distributors pay you **** per copy they sell!!! they make the $ and you put in all the time!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
no bs...

when i did my taxes i found out i spent 72,000 last year, and at xmas time had around 6k left in the bank. so... there..
i spent 13,000 on fuel alone.

i dont think ive ever actually done a stunt show where ive MADE money.. breakin even on stunt exhibitions just allows me to keep doing em. retail end i suck *** at and never make anything. i aquire income through sponsorship $. and the bottom line with all my sponsors is... that its not just business. they are all my friends.

there... i said it

-kane
If you're pulling in that kind of money on just riding then congrats man It's just a matter of time for the sport to blow up:YEAH
Old 06-29-2007, 08:51 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

Originally Posted by -nelson
haha ,lol WTF? is right. When I started "stunting "=(basicly just riding wheelies and rolling endos) it wasnt even considered stunting ,I just loved to imitate tricks that I seen other riders do . its all about feeding your passion and trying to rock new sh*t , overcoming personal obstacles , and showin off ,etc............ its about the thrill the fun ,ya know. gettin paid for shows,videos and sponsorships is all thats availabe now for some ,which is great it gives us a goal so consider it a bonus for doin something that you have fun at and like to do.

Dont get into it with intentions of being rich from it ,because after you get hurt and crash again & again & have to keep paying to fix your bike and uprade. You'l most likely quit , it has to be something that you feel ,something that you want to do. Ive come to realize all of this more as the years go by ,and everyone I know that used to ride gets hurt or doesnt see themselves getting anywhere with it and then quit. And there looking at me like WTF? cause im still continuing to ride and practice whenever I can or whenever my bikes rideable ,lol. But some peeps just dont get it...
well said man i totally feel ya
Old 06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

life's a bitch and we'll all be keeping our day jobs for a long time, except for a few exceptions. granted, our industry is growing with shoes and other ****, but we need to keep going and if it ever does get really big that there's money, it will be so far off most of us will miss it or be on the tail end. that's just the reality.

Stunting costs money, it doesn't make it.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't forsee to much money to be made in the sport. Kane put it so eloquently saying he just breaks even to ride another show. the money is made in sponsorships and merchandise. The better you are, the more play time you get, the more your name gets out, the more you get sponsored and the more $hit you sell. That's what will make you money.

As for our sport going main stream...I don't forsee that in any near future or ever, for that matter. There's a big different between, BMX, Skateboardind, Motocross, and most other "extreme" sports when compared to our underground sport of stunt riding. People take it to the streets. People will always ride the streets. No matter how good and how in control a lot of stunters are, there are others who get killed or kill people on the road. That type of behavior will never get our sport sanctioned and only draws more discontent towards the people pushing legally to get the sport recognized. If 100% of our sport was spent in a controlled environment, then yes, maybe there would be a good chance at becoming an X-Games event or becoming bigger in general.

I love this sport just as much as everyone else does. I would gladly work a 9 to 5 every day to make ends meet and ride for the pure love of it.

I think bottom line is there are less pro stunters able to actually keep their heads above water then any other professional athlete out there. The other professionals are by far and away better paid.

Ride for the love of it. We all do.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

If you're selling video's, doing a decent amount of show's, getting money from sponsors and winning comps it's easy to make well over 100k per year. Not having a dvd line, sponsors and minimal shows you wont make ****! And last I heard being a hater is the poorest profession! If you wanna be broke, hate and speculate and for sure one day you will be like this guy.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

at least hes only asking for 1 hooker.

If it said hookers that would just be greedy...

Last edited by aaronwilliams; 06-29-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Undead stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

is kane the only one making a living off of stunting?

Quick Reply: Professional stunters income???