Damm Ssb Said My Bike Wasn't Good Enough..

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: Damm Ssb Said My Bike Wasn't Good Enough..

and i'm still pissed that an american rider going to do a show for moto gp and PRODUCING 50 high res pics wasn't good enough for an article.

give me a break.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

I wouldnt put it in the mag for having those god awful blinkers still on there, haha
Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Are you guys submitting well written articles and high res pics or are you submitting pics and article *ideas*?

The choice that involves the least money and time spent by the magazine might be the most appealing option. Hit me up if you have an article you'd like to see published. I can help you polish your work.

Sometimes submitting it is harder than writing it.

Of course my rates are insane, none of you can afford me, so don't even bother. j/p
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big dave
It's been said a thousand times already, and all I can do to reply is state the obvious—SSB covers every stunt event possible, and covers more events now than in the past. The only difference is that it isn't the main cover shot every month.
There aren't any other mainstream bike mags on the shelf covering ANY stunting whatsoever, yet in covering nearly every event SSB still isn't doing enough.
If I didn't care why would I be on here defending it and checking this stuff out?
geez
the coverage of such event are getting weak though, the past 5 or 6 issues barley mention anything, they just show about 4 pics of the same 4 riders and thats it, but there are a ton of busas and zx14s to sink a ship, my point is i cancelled my sub due to the fact that i could run threw the mag in about 2 mins rather then sit and read, why waste the money, ill just pick an issue up at the local store, look at the 10 stunt photos that made the mag, and move on
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

I said that long ago that SSB sucks.used to be good.now it's like every other magazine of bikes.garbage.bikes that are way overpriced and to much **** on it.their best model in it some ugly mexican that's all over it.and some ugly girls.perfect.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 AM

Stuntworksmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by excessa
Stunting as a whole is not very marketable yet. It has too small of a fan base and is not hitting the market expansion milestones I'd hoped for.

A strong market is obvious when you have one. When Teach McNeil is driving a Lambourghini like Travis Pastrana, then you have the sport and money together. The general public doesn't know what stunting is yet and they aren't paying much attention. Apparently featuring stunters wasn't paying the bills for SSB either.
very tru... we need some devoted people though to make it happen... i guess ssb just isnt the one.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:22 AM

Stuntworksmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Borne
No offense Dave, but that paint job is a million times better than any of the names you listed.

Sick *** bike Bullo.....and thats coming from an East Coast perspective.
+100000 borne... plenty of east coast love for you bullo!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 AM

2502 is a decent person

i gave up after they wanted to stick this one in their eye candy only section.

no extended swingarm to make it impossible to pose on. soooooo i don't bother. unless someone i know is in there or something it's not worth it. i saw the streetfighters this issue, now those are sick. but then they lost all redeeming value when they ******* featured that stupid busa with the dragon's face or whatever molded in. that **** is WACK
Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 AM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
bullo your my boy but i just wanted to say that i was the first in the us to stunt an 07 zx6r.. hell i had mine 3 months before they were even sold to public.. doesnt mean i should get a cover story about it...

(ps... they shot me down too.. hahahaha)

-kane
KANE YOUR MY BOY BUT KAWI=KRAP...LOL...AND YOUR BIKE IS TIGHT IF YOU LIKE STICKERS...PLUS MY BIKE IS DRIVEN TO THE COMPS,YOUR BIKE IS JUST LIKE THE OTHER STRETCHED KRAP TRAILOR'D TO THE EVENTS...LOL

NA I'M JUST BUST'N YOUR *****...LIKE I SAID I DON'T CARE BOUT COVERS..IT'S JUST I HATE TO SEE A MAGAZINE I HAD MAJOR LOVE FOR TREAT THE PEOPLE WHO HELP START IT LIKE ****...**** IT SEE YOU ***** ******* IN THA STREETS....HOLLA BLOX!NOT LOTS!!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

front cover ad for stunt aid
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

....Guess we'll just have to start stunt riding streched GSXRs like Ryan L.

Good **** out at stuntfest homie!! :YEAH
Old 06-27-2007, 10:54 AM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
and i'm still pissed that an american rider going to do a show for moto gp and PRODUCING 50 high res pics wasn't good enough for an article.

give me a break.

No dude, you give me a break. We already went to press with your story and it'll be out next issue. Had I known what a pain in the *** hater you are I would've pulled it though. I'm sure it'll be horrible in your eyes, should've been on the cover, should've been 8 pages long, etc, etc.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BULLO 900
KANE YOUR MY BOY BUT KAWI=KRAP...LOL...AND YOUR BIKE IS TIGHT IF YOU LIKE STICKERS...PLUS MY BIKE IS DRIVEN TO THE COMPS,YOUR BIKE IS JUST LIKE THE OTHER STRETCHED KRAP TRAILOR'D TO THE EVENTS...LOL

NA I'M JUST BUST'N YOUR *****...LIKE I SAID I DON'T CARE BOUT COVERS..IT'S JUST I HATE TO SEE A MAGAZINE I HAD MAJOR LOVE FOR TREAT THE PEOPLE WHO HELP START IT LIKE ****...**** IT SEE YOU ***** ******* IN THA STREETS....HOLLA BLOX!NOT LOTS!!
we've offered you a feature story, so i really don't see what the issue is???!!!!!
umm....you helped start it? then you'll recall there was ONE stunt story in the first issue—the rest was custom bikes and drag racing.

anyways, i'm about done defending our increased sales and page count.

hit me up if you want your bike in there.
david.sonsky@primedia.com
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2502
. but then they lost all redeeming value when they ******* featured that stupid busa with the dragon's face or whatever molded in. that **** is WACK
Yes! That was hideous
Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by big dave
No dude, you give me a break. We already went to press with your story and it'll be out next issue. Had I known what a pain in the *** hater you are I would've pulled it though. I'm sure it'll be horrible in your eyes, should've been on the cover, should've been 8 pages long, etc, etc.

pain in the *** hater?!?! wow, i recieved an email stating that my story didn't "prove" that i was actually in china----maybe you should get your facts straight dave, your magazine is popular around my area because my team has pushed your magazine for the last 4 years------your publications are in dealerships around here because of ME.

don't call me a hater, just treat me with a TINY bit of respect PLEASE. i've tried calling you NUMEROUS times and you can't even answer my phone call, i respect that your busy, but come on man---i've never had a problem getting ahold of the man who was in your position a year ago.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pcp weelo
the coverage of such event are getting weak though, the past 5 or 6 issues barley mention anything, they just show about 4 pics of the same 4 riders and thats it, but there are a ton of busas and zx14s to sink a ship, my point is i cancelled my sub due to the fact that i could run threw the mag in about 2 mins rather then sit and read, why waste the money, ill just pick an issue up at the local store, look at the 10 stunt photos that made the mag, and move on
this is true, 3 pages at the most wit a pic, and at the bottom of the pic what place they came in. with hardly any article.

now the only reason its in the bathroom is incase i run outta tp

Last edited by DSC; 06-27-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:54 AM

Trentl40 is a decent person

I agree ssb has got really lame and i havent found any mags with stunting in them, is there any?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 PM

NastySVC is an unknown quantity at this point

Man **** Ssb I Ordered S Ubscription From The ******** In November And Havent Gotten A Single Issue Until This Last One And It Said Hurry Renew This Is Your Last Copy.....**** Them Im Going To Sue Them ********....14 Dollars A Copy Is What It Comes Out Too. I Got One ******* Copy For My 14 Bucks. They Can All Suck A Fat Baby's Dick.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 PM

2502 is a decent person

it is at least better than 2 wheel tuner though. but that retarded **** with the monkey face or whatever it was? i think dragon. artwork is ******* hideous, parts are more ebay variety, and well for ***** sake it has a FACE molded in the front? christ i can't imagine how much bondo is on that thing. i don't hate. bikes are bikes. the 2 streetfighters in there are ******* sick. completely custom top to bottom and you gotta throw something inthere to please everyone.

actually i'm just kinda sad the hayabusa was ever invented. dammit.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:35 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

lol hahahahahahahahha......wow this thread is gettin heavy! Its ok people its ok. Kawi's are cool, bullo's bike is phat and cover worthy, SSB is a great mag, everyone is the best, and who cares about the rest. One love peeps.......I also used to get worked up over small sh-t but recently been trying hard to let it go and just relax on differences, opinions, and having to push a point or opinion. We all have our differences, likes, dislikes, and things we push, stand behind, and support! All good! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo.............................
sorry had to break up the thread a lil;;;;

Quick Reply: Damm Ssb Said My Bike Wasn't Good Enough..