Damm Ssb Said My Bike Wasn't Good Enough..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Re: Damm Ssb Said My Bike Wasn't Good Enough..

Originally Posted by FiSh
I drive a white van, where are all my van drivers at!!!:YEAH
That is awesome. White vans are everywhere.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

SSB went down the tubes when they kicked aaron frank to the curb everybody that's anybody knows what i'm talking about on that one, he's the one who built this magazine.

no big articles from what's going on in europe, vertical joe and colton went to hungry this spring for a comp, lets hear about their experience? NOTHING....WTF?

when thomas's mag comes out i'll put down the money for a full page add in SSB for his magazine LOL
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ryan S
SSB went down the tubes when they kicked aaron frank to the curb everybody that's anybody knows what i'm talking about on that one, he's the one who built this magazine.

no big articles from what's going on in europe, vertical joe and colton went to hungry this spring for a comp, lets hear about their experience? NOTHING....WTF?

when thomas's mag comes out i'll put down the money for a full page add in SSB for his magazine LOL
When you run your ad, you should tell everyone to send in $35 and some photos or articles for the new magazine. I'm in.

I'd better go make 35 bucks.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by excessa
Stunting as a whole is not very marketable yet. It has too small of a fan base and is not hitting the market expansion milestones I'd hoped for.

A strong market is obvious when you have one. When Teach McNeil is driving a Lambourghini like Travis Pastrana, then you have the sport and money together. The general public doesn't know what stunting is yet and they aren't paying much attention. Apparently featuring stunters wasn't paying the bills for SSB either.

Yeah a strong market is obvious when you have one , and so is a strong potential for a huge sport. It takes a long time for something looked at as underground and unless in a private lot also considered illegal , to get the mainstream love and exposure that say ,, supercross gets. Its going to take a while ,just like it did with skateboarding . It didnt take as long with skateboarding from the initial jumpoff point ,because there werent any other extreme sports ,and even now that sport is finding new venues. So to call this the tip of the iceburg as big marketable sport would be an understatement. I was stuntriding back in 01 ,way before the word sport came into play. And its still forming and shaping up into something with more potential.

Now as for SSB ,yeah there like any other business or company that has to stay afloat so they cater to there strongest customer base. Theres no doubt they started selling out and not going with what got them started. That sucks that there not going to honor stunting and stick with it like we have with all the countless risks and no rewards except for (personal satisfaction ,which is all ive ever ridden for.) But Id never thought Id see that mag deny a top stunter on a fukin' custom bike.

Anyways theres a new mag out now in the northeast I was talkin to the guy yesterday who started it, he was covering our shops open house. This guy named Carl , cool guy, his mag thats out now is called URBAN BIKER It shows pics of random stunters in different hoods and such and also shows the custom bikes . But what he said he's starting is a mag called STUNT. and thats primarily what its gonna cover , I think the way he's gonna make this work is , with all the stuntrelated products and clothing styles for advertising? so maybe there is hope in the stunt mag section? (thanx for readin thru my long post, im @ work lookin busy)
Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by -nelson
Yeah a strong market is obvious when you have one , and so is a strong potential for a huge sport. It takes a long time for something looked at as underground and unless in a private lot also considered illegal , to get the mainstream love and exposure that say ,, supercross gets. Its going to take a while ,just like it did with skateboarding . It didnt take as long with skateboarding from the initial jumpoff point ,because there werent any other extreme sports ,and even now that sport is finding new venues. So to call this the tip of the iceburg as big marketable sport would be an understatement. I was stuntriding back in 01 ,way before the word sport came into play. And its still forming and shaping up into something with more potential.

Now as for SSB ,yeah there like any other business or company that has to stay afloat so they cater to there strongest customer base. Theres no doubt they started selling out and not going with what got them started. That sucks that there not going to honor stunting and stick with it like we have with all the countless risks and no rewards except for (personal satisfaction ,which is all ive ever ridden for.) But Id never thought Id see that mag deny a top stunter on a fukin' custom bike.

Anyways theres a new mag out now in the northeast I was talkin to the guy yesterday who started it, he was covering our shops open house. This guy named Carl , cool guy, his mag thats out now is called URBAN BIKER It shows pics of random stunters in different hoods and such and also shows the custom bikes . But what he said he's starting is a mag called STUNT. and thats primarily what its gonna cover , I think the way he's gonna make this work is , with all the stuntrelated products and clothing styles for advertising? so maybe there is hope in the stunt mag section? (thanx for readin thru my long post, im @ work lookin busy)

Amen. I think there is huge potential to expand here.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:20 AM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

fvck ssb, if they would rather show guys that can lay down a coat of wax rather then some guys risking it all to entertain, then i cant see how anyone can support them, riders have gotten better with there skills and cleaned there bikes up all the same and still no love.....then i say who needs a mag, continue being outlaws and showing folks in person what the sport is all about, soon enough another mag will come around and collect on what ssb threw out
Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BULLO 900
SO SUPERSTREET BIKE SAID MY BIKE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE COVER...THEY SAID IT NEEDS TO HAVE A 205 IN THE REAR.I GUESS THE ERA FOR STUNT RIDERS IN THE MAGAZINE HAS ENDED.WHICH SUCKS CAUSE STUNTING IS WHAT HELPED START THE MAGAZINE.I KNOW MY BIKE IS NOT ALL THAT BUT COME ON THE FIRST ONE IN THE U.S. TO FULL CUSTOMIZE IT FOR STUNTING,**** I PUT 40 HOURS ALONE INTO THE PAINT.I DON'T WANT TO COME ON KNOCKING SSB BUT DAMMMMMM WHAT HAPPEND!I KNOW THAT IT COSTS SUPER AMOUNT OF MONEY TO RUN IT...BUT DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE STUNTERS AND THEIR STORIES THAT HELPED THE FIRST ISSUES...NOW ITS ALL ABOUT TAKING A PERFECT GOOD BIKE AND MAKING IT NOT EVEN ABLE TO TAKE A TURN...NOT THAT WE DON'T DESTROY OUR STUNTBIKES..SSB STARTED TELLING EVERYONE NO MORE STREETFIGHTERS,SO PEOPLE WENT BACK TO FULL FAIRING,STILL NO LOVE....FACE IT SSB HAS LEFT STUNTING BEHIND...SORRY AND I USE TO LOVE THE MAGAZINE...HOLLA BLOX...NOT STRECHED BUSA'S

OK, for starters, there's no such tire as a "205" and I don't know who told you that.
You've never contacted me about this at all, but if you had i would've said that there was feature story potential. Cover material—no. There are plenty of other stunters out there with sick bikes too my man: Aaron Brunelle, Darius, Teach, Kane, etc.
Don't act like you're the first dude to get a decent paint job.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by big dave
OK, for starters, there's no such tire as a "205" and I don't know who told you that.
You've never contacted me about this at all, but if you had i would've said that there was feature story potential. Cover material—no. There are plenty of other stunters out there with sick bikes too my man: Aaron Brunelle, Darius, Teach, Kane, etc.

No offense Dave, but that paint job is a million times better than any of the names you listed.

Sick *** bike Bullo.....and thats coming from an East Coast perspective.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope you have read the entire thread, and see how many people you are turning away from your mag!!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:58 PM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES JON TO TALK TO ME...WELL FIRST DAVE ITS A MISS TYPE 300 IN THE REAR,WE'LL I KNOW THIS, I WAS THE FIRST IN THE U.S TO FULLY STUNT AN 07 600RR,THE BIKES ONLY BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE,THOUGHT IT WOULD MAKE FOR A GOOD STORY.I DON'T CARE FOR THE COVER THATS NOT THE ISSUE HERE,THE REAL ISSUE IS THAT YOUR MAG DOESN'T SHOW ANY LOVE FOR THE STUNTERS ANYMORE..THIS THREAD IS JUST WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN THINKING,AND I AIN'T AFRAID TO SAY IT...

Last edited by BULLO 900; 06-25-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 PM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES JON TO TALK TO ME...WELL FIRST DAVE ITS A MISS TYPE 300 IN THE REAR,WE'LL I KNOW THIS, I WAS THE FIRST IN THE U.S TO FULLY STUNT AN 07 600RR,THE BIKES ONLY BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE,THOUGHT IT WOULD MAKE FOR A GOOD STORY.I DON'T CARE FOR THE COVER THATS NOT THE ISSUE HERE,THE REAL ISSUE IS THAT YOUR MAG DOESN'T SHOW ANY LOVE FOR THE STUNTERS ANYMORE..THIS THREAD IS JUST WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN THINKING,AND I AIN'T AFRAID TO SAY IT...
It's been said a thousand times already, and all I can do to reply is state the obvious—SSB covers every stunt event possible, and covers more events now than in the past. The only difference is that it isn't the main cover shot every month.
There aren't any other mainstream bike mags on the shelf covering ANY stunting whatsoever, yet in covering nearly every event SSB still isn't doing enough.
If I didn't care why would I be on here defending it and checking this stuff out?
geez
Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

I got your milk Bullo. Name:  stuntbike avatar.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  21.0 KB
Old 06-26-2007, 09:34 PM

OneWheelw is an unknown quantity at this point

07rr custom stunt?? P.I.M.P!!!! <----- ssb
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Bullo, drop it like its hot....;that bike is fing bad ***. Cant wait for the blox party coming to Oak town July 14. I am still struggling with this stupid tin foil 02 gixxer frame swap...lol...I messed up a race and getting new ones soon then I will have to swing by and see about getting them driven in the neck. Anyway hope all is well. See ya.

Isaac
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been said a thousand times already, and all I can do to reply is state the obvious—SSB covers every stunt event possible, and covers more events now than in the past. The only difference is that it isn't the main cover shot every month.
There aren't any other mainstream bike mags on the shelf covering ANY stunting whatsoever, yet in covering nearly every event SSB still isn't doing enough.
If I didn't care why would I be on here defending it and checking this stuff out?
geez
WHAT A JOKE, BECAUSE YOU GO TO ALL THESE EVENTS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BUY YOUR ****? YOU GO FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS, TO EARN PEOPLES DOLLAR, THEN YOU CRAM 10% OF IT INTO THE SHADOWS OF A 75,000 BUSA. I WOULD RESPECT YOU MORE IF YOU JUST SAID STUNTING DOESNT PAY THE BILLS. HURRY UP THOMAS, ****!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

bullo your my boy but i just wanted to say that i was the first in the us to stunt an 07 zx6r.. hell i had mine 3 months before they were even sold to public.. doesnt mean i should get a cover story about it...

(ps... they shot me down too.. hahahaha)

-kane
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

There aren't any other mainstream bike mags on the shelf covering ANY stunting whatsoever
actually not true.. I and other stunters have been seen in several issues of: Motorcyclist, sport rider, streetfighters, cyclenews, and clycle world in the past year or so..

but i agree with your point, and your right.. only thing i dont agree with is when a truly good potential stunt related story gets completely shot down and not even taken into consideration. but i guess in those instances the only person to blame is ourselves for not speaking with you direct and only going through other SSB employees...

whatever.. ive been in the mag every issue (minus 2) going on 3 years now... im content.. continue with the previously stated arguments.. :YEAH

cheers...

-kane
Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

remember when stunt pictures MADE the cover of SSB???? why did that stop when dave came into office???
Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
bullo your my boy but i just wanted to say that i was the first in the us to stunt an 07 zx6r.. hell i had mine 3 months before they were even sold to public.. doesnt mean i should get a cover story about it...

(ps... they shot me down too.. hahahaha)

-kane
Your bike is hot kane but I don't think you can compair it to bullos bike.

Edit: He even had those pimp front stock signals.LOL

Last edited by nyRocketkid; 06-27-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Damm Ssb Said My Bike Wasn't Good Enough..