Need Some Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
BDK

Steven Palmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Some Help Please

ok 1993 F2 , i got it running and running almost great but there is a hesitation when trying to get on throttle at beginning , like if i chop on the throttle from stop or even get on it a little bit but if i roll on slow then roll on hard it fine , iv read about synchronizing the carbs and thats about all i can think about on how to fix it idk kinda stuck so if you have any answers they'd be great :YEAH
Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all
Re: Need Some Help Please

has it been jetted?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:23 PM
BDK

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
has it been jetted?

i have no clue i just bought it a couple days ago , hadnt been running for a eyar
Old 06-17-2007, 10:07 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

wrong area to post this i think you ment to put this in help and how to in the service repair and mantinecne section
Old 06-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

If its had the same gas sitting in it for awhile it may be bad gas or the jets may be gummed up from the old bad gas. Try new sparkplugs and try running some high octane fuel through it and some carb cleaner like sea foam in the gas.
Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
wrong area to post this i think you ment to put this in help and how to in the service repair and mantinecne section
+1
Old 06-17-2007, 11:00 PM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

Take the carbs apart and clean them. Also, make sure you have clean fresh gas in it (no old gas and no water in the tank or carbs). New plugs and air filter wouldn't hurt either.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:10 PM
BDK

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
If its had the same gas sitting in it for awhile it may be bad gas or the jets may be gummed up from the old bad gas. Try new sparkplugs and try running some high octane fuel through it and some carb cleaner like sea foam in the gas.
+1

yea i got all the old gas out before started it out of the bowls and tank , yea havent done plugs yet and i got some mystery oil for the gas so dont know what else someone said to synchronize the carbs
Old 06-18-2007, 08:24 PM

bikesrfun is a decent person

Originally Posted by jcrojas
Take the carbs apart and clean them. Also, make sure you have clean fresh gas in it (no old gas and no water in the tank or carbs). New plugs and air filter wouldn't hurt either.

yeah id have to totally agree here... that would be your best bet to help clean out that pilot jet which is the one used from idle to like 1,500 RPM or something like that. sync. the carbs would help fairly easy to do if you have the gauges or access to them.