Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
AMA magazine article on Stunting

http://home.ama-cycle.org/membersonl..._dl.asp?id=729
Old 06-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: AMA magazine article on Stunting

The AMA better got to bat for stunters on this one. They ought to keep these laws simple misdemeanors and not let lawmakers go nuts with it.

Otherwise stunters are going to have to be 1%ers like he Hells Angels LOL.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:55 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

ftp!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:57 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

thats wack...but true.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Kind of a double standard IMO.
They right an article on some states working on passing bills (2 or 3)to ticket stunt riding as reckless driving and could bump it to misdimeanor and then 2nd offense felony in one sate.
1st off I always thought if pulled over for stunting it was a reckless ticket anyway.
2nd They need to look at motorcyclist in general if your going to look at motorcyclist period.
Why don't they do a little research on fact and percentages.
1. Accidents do to stunts
2. Accidents involving motorcyclist not stunting, just riding.
3. Accidents involving motorcyclist where an automobile was involved and at fault.
4. Accidents do to people that don't stunt but think their Nicky Hayden on the highways and streets.

I've debated this before with many who frown on stunters but they're the first ones to fly by you and other vehicles doing 100mph+. Or bragging who's the fastest at deals gap in N.C., red rock canyon in NV. or where ever.
Not only that, they will take off and they themselves will crack a wheelie.

Simple fact:
1. Most stunters try and find a secluded spot to stunt and practice.
2. Most trackday guys go to the local track (circle track or drag stip) to race and practice. Whether lap times, 1/4 mile times, 60 ft. times etc.
3. The top 2 facts mentioned most, not all. There will always be a few and always be a temptation for those who do try and keep it off the streets to take it to the streets. Whether stunting, racing, or dragging.

Just my 2 pennies.
God Bless and Be Safe.
Marc
Old 06-16-2007, 01:15 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

the ama aint gonna do **** for us. they are all about people racing on a track and old farts on harleys...not a bit for stunters. to me most of them people are just jelous cause they know they cant ride half as good.

oh and FTP!!!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Hey, didn't a bunch of guys ride at an AMA sactioned race during the intermission or something not too long ago?? I even think that it may have been a moto gp race...I'm not sure but there was an article in Super Streetbike mag covering it I know...

I remember seing a dude with a big pic of his head with a 'thumbs up', on the bottom of his bike riding a one handed stand-up around the track...got wraps? I think was his sponsor....sacnutz maybe? sound familiar to anyone?

Anyhow, I know that Pfiefer used to do shows during the intermission at these types of road-races alot overseas right?? What is the hang up with AMA then? They need to figure their **** out and get with the program and start their own AMA sanctioned stunting events. IMO they are stupid for not. In the very least they should show a little more love...

I was surrounded in a small town Wellsville,Ks at the carwash by a Fr co. sherriff, and a city cop. They both sped up and blocked both entrances to the stall!! I didn't even see them coming.
All for taking both my hands off for a sec. and wiping them off on my legs while coasting to a stop at a sign. They were just harrasing me for having a SF'd bike with a crash cage I think.

That would suck if that would become a ticketable offense the same as riding a wheelie....
Old 06-16-2007, 01:42 PM

FreeTonyC is an unknown quantity at this point

“The problem of riders pulling dangerous stunts on public roads has only been growing,” says Ed Moreland, AMA vice president of government relations. “Frankly, stunt riders aren’t doing the rest of us any favors, and it’s entirely predictable that we’re now seeing these laws.”

This guy is NOT gonna pull 4 us and that sux......
Old 06-16-2007, 03:12 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FreeTonyC
“The problem of riders pulling dangerous stunts on public roads has only been growing,” says Ed Moreland, AMA vice president of government relations. “Frankly, stunt riders aren’t doing the rest of us any favors, and it’s entirely predictable that we’re now seeing these laws.”

Start doing favors for people quick! Before we start seeing these laws.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

more people have died on local twisties then in wheelies on the freeway im sure.. all these ****** knee draggers in full leathers running up mountians trippleing speedlimits. **** ama. stunt riding is a growing sport and its going to steal the light from these knee draggers, sponsors are stepping it up and leaning to stuntriders more then ever and there manginas are getting all pruny., if there were stunt tracks we wouldn't have to take it to the street. take there tracks away and i bet they will start killing them selfs on mountian twisties and injuring the public if not worse.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

Why do they have to use the term " stunt riders" some old *** man on a litre bike isnt a ******* stunt rider! a 100 yard wheelie??? for **** sakes **** off.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:13 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
more people have died on local twisties then in wheelies on the freeway im sure.. all these ****** knee draggers in full leathers running up mountians trippleing speedlimits. **** ama. stunt riding is a growing sport and its going to steal the light from these knee draggers, sponsors are stepping it up and leaning to stuntriders more then ever and there manginas are getting all pruny., if there were stunt tracks we wouldn't have to take it to the street. take there tracks away and i bet they will start killing them selfs on mountian twisties and injuring the public if not worse.
+1 all that crap in the article about banning wheelies and wreckless driving for riding a wheelie is nothing new to us out here in CALI, there is a lot of bike hatin police out here and if you fart wrong while riding a bike on the streets you'll get messed with.

doesn't sound like the AMA has any intentions of stickin up for us though. I like what wheeliest said about a stunt park or track, that would be siiiick. even with their tracks the kneedraggers are allways killing themselves up here in the nor cal twisties trying to ride like hayden and rossi on roads that have deer, logging trucks, cars and gravel and dirt washouts, and somehow WE are the irresponsible ones. go figure

Last edited by MikeOnTheBike; 06-16-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:51 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
+1 all that crap in the article about banning wheelies and wreckless driving for riding a wheelie is nothing new to us out here in CALI, there is a lot of bike hatin police out here and if you fart wrong while riding a bike on the streets you'll get messed with.

doesn't sound like the AMA has any intentions of stickin up for us though. I like what wheeliest said about a stunt park or track, that would be siiiick. even with their tracks the kneedraggers are allways killing themselves up here in the nor cal twisties trying to ride like hayden and rossi on roads that have deer, logging trucks, cars and gravel and dirt washouts, and somehow WE are the irresponsible ones. go figure
+1, couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:45 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FiSh
Why do they have to use the term " stunt riders" some old *** man on a litre bike isnt a ******* stunt rider! a 100 yard wheelie??? for **** sakes **** off.
This post is perfect.