wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:46 PM

speed13a is a decent person
wheelie

hey whats up i have a little problem. i have been trying to wheelie my bike and it is just not working for me (user error). i have an 05 R1. i read around and mostly all the threads say second gear is the best and it comes up to fast in first. i tryed second gear for like a week and it only jumped forward. i do it in first and it comes up i never ridden one out or anything like that just it comes up and goes down(not hard though). but i only did let me see.... about 4 good ones that came up pretty high my friend said and a lot of little ones. is it my alttitude that is effecting the second gear wheelies? im at about 4600ft above sea level. and the RPMs and speeds i see people doing them i try and does not work. like between 30-40 MPH in 2nd gear clutch it up ( rev between 7-9k RPM )does not work. Also i went down 1 tooth in the front.

any ideas
Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM

john3/1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: wheelie

dude your bike is powerful enough you can almost crack the throttle and any gear and that bitch will come up
Old 06-06-2007, 05:54 PM

David D is an unknown quantity at this point

keep tring bro....two words, SEAT TIME...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:01 PM

lczx6r is a decent person

yeah wit a R1 its probably rider error... ok if it comes up just a lil in 2nd gear then rev higher... and pop the clutch... its good you never learned power wheelies thats a ....try standin up... your left foot on your passenger and your right foot covering your rear brake.... its gonna feel really awkward at first but keep at it... you have better control when you stand up and in my opinion the bike goes to the BP easier.... i have a 05 636 and i get it up easy as hell my revs start bout4000 and i rev to bout 9000 and im goin bout 20 25 mph.. and my sprockets are only -1 +3.... so on a 1000 you should get it up no problem....just keep at it and be safe.... practice in 1st and learn your BP b4 you go 2nd... and keep it safe... its gonna take hells of seat time but in the end its all worth it homie
Old 06-06-2007, 06:05 PM

probably right need more practice. been riding for 6 years and now i want to learn. Frustrating as hell when $h!t wont work when you want it too. keep you guys informed on the progress. should i change anything. 30 -40 MPH/7-9K RPM and pop the clutch. (in first gear)
Old 06-06-2007, 06:10 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think people realize the amount of time these "stunters" put in practcing. (I know I didn't) Just read on here, and practice.

After 1,000 clutch up attempts if you still have any questions holla.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by speed13a
probably right need more practice. been riding for 6 years and now i want to learn. Frustrating as hell when $h!t wont work when you want it too. keep you guys informed on the progress. should i change anything. 30 -40 MPH/7-9K RPM and pop the clutch. (in first gear)
hell yeah homie if your going 30-40 mph in 1st... slow the hell down!!! you should only be going 10-15 mph...even in 2nd you should only be goin MAYBE 30-35 mph....
Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by chirpin4th
I don't think people realize the amount of time these "stunters" put in practcing. (I know I didn't) Just read on here, and practice.

After 1,000 clutch up attempts if you still have any questions holla.
nicely said homie... i know when i started i did bout 100 clutch ups a day minimum.... til i got to my BP consistantly....
Old 06-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

pow pow pow

Is the bike bucking on you????
Old 06-06-2007, 06:41 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

you need to clutch it hard and pull up and back at the same time, its going to make a LOUD *** reving noise, dont be scared
Old 06-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Rocketdog is a decent person

Its as much about trowing your weight back as anything!....It might feel dangerous to throw your bodyweight but think about it the pull of your body is an instant force which disapears almost imediately but using more and more power/revs is a force that keeps coming till you back off. Also 30 mph in second is ideal.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

i think your bike is actualy broken.... just send it to me and ill fix it for you
Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
i think your bike is actualy broken.... just send it to me and ill fix it for you
you're gonna have to inspect the title as well right? make sure it isnt one of those models that cant be wheelied?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 03fat1000
pow pow pow

Is the bike bucking on you????
nah... its the alttitude
Old 06-06-2007, 07:11 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bdc_Marky
you're gonna have to inspect the title as well right? make sure it isnt one of those models that cant be wheelied?
that is correct! so just sign the title over ( legal reasons) and send the bike to me and i will get that fixed right up for you!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think everyone pretty much covered it. Grab a little throttle. Slip clutch while rolling on throttle. If bike doesn't wheelie, increase RPMs and retry until bike comes up. Seat time to the 97th power.

You got potty trained as a kid, right? You didn't jsut start $hitting in the toilet. You can't expect to wheelie without learning.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by br denis
nah... its the alttitude
it maybe (prob not because my friend can wheelie the hell out of his ZX-10

Originally Posted by bdc_Marky
i guess i deserve all of this thanks for all the input i will keep trying as soon as it stops raining.

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
that is correct! so just sign the title over ( legal reasons) and send the bike to me and i will get that fixed right up for you!

i think i can figure out the Problem with out signing it over. plus my mind is telling me and that your saying there something wrong LOL LOL LOL

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50
I think everyone pretty much covered it. Grab a little throttle. Slip clutch while rolling on throttle. If bike doesn't wheelie, increase RPMs and retry until bike comes up. Seat time to the 97th power.

You got potty trained as a kid, right? You didn't jsut start $hitting in the toilet. You can't expect to wheelie without learning.
Good point
Old 06-06-2007, 08:22 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

just keep practicing man. search the hell out of this site; they have a bunch of really good threads that will answer all of your questions. the altitude will not affect your wheelies at all... trust me i used every excuse in the book when i couldnt get my bike up. just keep giving it more throttle and the bike will get higher and higher. ride within your skill level and keep the rear brake covered at all times
Old 06-06-2007, 08:39 PM

got it, good lookin out
Old 06-06-2007, 08:50 PM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

just remember rear brake, no matter what happens cover it and it may cover your ***, use it when you get nervous, after afew times of catching yourself, you'll start becoming more comfortable knowing that in case of an emergercy, you have the ability to control it

Quick Reply: wheelie