Am I Retarded?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 AM

rwiggins is a decent person
Am I Retarded?

So I just got this F4i, And when I pull it up in 3rd at like 65pmh and up its pulling hard to the right.. I figured it might of been when the guy last adjusted the tention on the chain he didn't do both sides the same but the markers line up correct. what else could it be? I have to lean FAR left to keep it str8 and its not like I dont know what im doing. its aggervating me.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Am I Retarded?

are you doing staggered standups? mabey pushing to hard on one of your pegs?

Last edited by nyRocketkid; 06-06-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by rwiggins
So I just got this F4i, And when I pull it up in 3rd at like 65pmh and up its pulling hard to the right.. I figured it might of been when the guy last adjusted the tention on the chain he didn't do both sides the same but the markers line up correct. what else could it be? I have to lean FAR left to keep it str8 and its not like I dont know what im doing. its aggervating me.
Either too much weight on the right peg, you lean to the left but don't shift the weight on your feet, or it's the retarded angle of crown Florida puts on their roads to clear off all the water from the hurricanes that roll through.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 AM

LoL it could be the crown in the road but I kinda doubt it. This never happened w/ my R6, thats why its weird. And yes im doing standups. I can sit there and toy with it nad shift my weight on the pegs and when im perfectly balanced... it goes right. also when im just driving sitting down and let go of the wheel... it merges right. so its not JUST when im doing wheelies. and the back tire is almost brand new. could the forks or frame be bent you think?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 AM

doubt it's the forks that are bent cause it does it on your rear wheel.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by rwiggins
LoL it could be the crown in the road but I kinda doubt it. This never happened w/ my R6, thats why its weird. And yes im doing standups. I can sit there and toy with it nad shift my weight on the pegs and when im perfectly balanced... it goes right. also when im just driving sitting down and let go of the wheel... it merges right. so its not JUST when im doing wheelies. and the back tire is almost brand new. could the forks or frame be bent you think?
Fact the state of florida has roads with the biggest crown angles in the country. And experiments have been performed and even adjusting one side way in and the other side way out doesn't cause the bike to drift significantly.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 AM

so find a long straigh back road with no traffic & go the opposite way in the same lane & see if your bike still pulls.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:20 AM

hmm.. I guess that would work huh? and if it still pulls right.. i got a major issue I think.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

could be your rear tires wear pattern, kane and a few other where talkin about this and I find it to be true. take your tire pressure down to about 15 psi roll some wheelies on it (or just ride on it for 45 mins to an hour) then take it back up to 22-25 and if your ride on higher pressures than that Id leave it at 22-25 for a little while before takin it up any higher but I ride those pressures all day. see if that helps.BTW alot of ppl say they can roll whatever on whatever but this helps us mortals out.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:03 PM

yeah I'll try that w/ the tire pressure. Honostly... i just got this bike a few days ago.. the only things i've checked on it are they coolant and oil. I dont even know what pressure he was running on either tire. Ill check it out though.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:15 PM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

i run race take offs and one side is always worn more then the other, but running it at a lower pressure, like 15-20psi or so helps it stay straight, i was always having to fight it hard, made turns in one direction easy, and the other hard as hell