the honest truth about sever sprocket counts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person
Re: the honest truth about sever sprocket counts.

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Honestly i dont think this sprocket is big enough. Just a little bigger and it'll be as big as the wheel. Just imagine these teeth on a 954. It wheelies without throttle, LMAO......=-)

lawn edger!!! whoo hoo!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:49 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person

Its just -1 +31, LoL.....But yeah u could cut grass with it, IF u loose it and ot lands over on the left side in the grass. Since it has no tip over sensor or a kill switch. Cuts the chit outta grass...=-)
Old 06-04-2007, 08:49 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Honestly i dont think this sprocket is big enough. Just a little bigger and it'll be as big as the wheel. Just imagine these teeth on a 954. It wheelies without throttle, LMAO......=-)

Holy **** on a 954?:YEAH
Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

hahha my dad walked into the room when I was reading this and hes like who the F#*k would need a sproket that big haha. that things huge.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
lol.....that thing is awsome....i would hang it over the tv and tell people it was art.....lol

im so stealing your idea
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM

Most peeps are like, Holy sh*t a 16 inch sprocket on a 17 inch wheel, LMAO...You can forget about 5 and 6th gear. And top end on ur feet is faster, hehe...=-)
Old 06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

+17 on my 05 636.

im a ***** so the slower i go into the circle. hopfully the slower i highside ya know. and its cool at 1,300rpm u can dump the clutch and it will burn out haha

and im not rocking a HB till i scrape a spreader... so +17 is good engine brake.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

well i just find it interesting.... simply because, on my R6... i am compensating the tourqe for sprocket count. since the bike has the tourqe i need, i felt like it would be enough.

when riding bullo's bike, it seemed like it was hella hollow power wise after the initial throttle imput. where as on my bike, it has initial bite... and then it begins to get dangerously fast. now on my 06 R6, i did the same gearing... and although it doesnt take away that feeling of a dead spot below 6k, it rev's out of it sooooo fast, then gets brutal.

so on these rather large sprockets, you guys are using lower idle... or higher idles?

when i try my circle attempts, alot of the time i am stalling the bike.... i get it halfway complete, then i stall that bitch out. i am only finding it to be a problem in circle attempts though, not in straight line ****. would this be where these pizza pan's would come in handy, or is there a way around that with idle usage???
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

more gear usually means more idle becasue if your idle is low with alot of gear the bike goes so slow it makes it really hard

less gear less idle ,the bike goes faster with less gear so you don't need as much idle

if you are close to stock gear you may need to slip your clutch during circles if you are not going fast enough or the bike will stall
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

Originally Posted by old man roger
more gear usually means more idle becasue if your idle is low with alot of gear the bike goes so slow it makes it really hard

less gear less idle ,the bike goes faster with less gear so you don't need as much idle

if you are close to stock gear you may need to slip your clutch during circles if you are not going fast enough or the bike will stall

i have been trying that, but it usually kills my rotation.... i'll get it soon.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if it kills your rotation then you are either pulling the clutch in too far or holding it too long .....

the other reason could be you didn't need to pull in the clutch but rather you needed to be leaned in and back more or you were going too slow..

but it is all a feel kinda thing ,just keep it up and you will get it
Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 PM

roger... do you have those huge wagon wheel sprockets on yours???

whats your count?

... and to all the professional competitors.... do you guys think you would fair well in a comp without the gargantuan sprockets??

would you guys consider qualifying on smaller sprockets? i know the comp is taken seriously so i couldnt imagine you handicapping yourselves, but to prove a point that you are a very skilled rider, howabout rocking smaller sprockets in qualifying. or is it that imparritive to your preformance to rock that large *** sprocket?

Last edited by SYTFU_R6; 06-05-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:06 PM
also known as OMR

i got a 98 tooth sprocket ......lol

just kidding stock front and a 62 rear

i probably wouldn't have got one that big had i rode the bike before i ordered it but the bike i learned on had a 62 so i just went with that ,but the bike i learned on was a carburated zx6 and it needed all that gear the 636 didn't .......but now i like it
Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

I rode a 954 with a big *** sprocket on it this past weekend and that **** was insane...i couldnt give it hardly any gas when it was up. That thing felt like it could do a backflip if u gave it enough gas...
Old 06-05-2007, 01:46 PM

cexodusk is an unknown quantity at this point

im down one in the front and have a 54T on the back on my 06 600rr and i love it.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a 60 tooth sprocket in the back. At first I thought it was a bit much, but I've grown used to it. If you watch the old Starboyz and Streetfighterz clips those guys rocked stock gears. I guess other than engine braking (for learning or anti-hand brake riders) the only other benefit is rolling slower idle. I think skill is the great equalizer.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50
I've got a 60 tooth sprocket in the back. At first I thought it was a bit much, but I've grown used to it. If you watch the old Starboyz and Streetfighterz clips those guys rocked stock gears. I guess other than engine braking (for learning or anti-hand brake riders) the only other benefit is rolling slower idle. I think skill is the great equalizer.
i'm kinda one of them dudes..(anti handbrake rider), although i have a handbrake, i refuse to use it for some reason..

i was rockin some SS's in front the house the other day, and had my idle too high, and was looping out... should used it then, but i saved it by simply bending the knees, and leaning forward. i was going to take the handbrake off, but figured i would eventually use it.

when rocking on bullo's outrageous geared monster... i noticed, with even a good idle, the engine brake was tremendous!!! it was kinda like a double edged sword.... choppy to the untrained, but sure it could be gotten used to.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:27 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
well i just find it interesting.... simply because, on my R6... i am compensating the tourqe for sprocket count. since the bike has the tourqe i need, i felt like it would be enough.

when riding bullo's bike, it seemed like it was hella hollow power wise after the initial throttle imput. where as on my bike, it has initial bite... and then it begins to get dangerously fast. now on my 06 R6, i did the same gearing... and although it doesnt take away that feeling of a dead spot below 6k, it rev's out of it sooooo fast, then gets brutal.

so on these rather large sprockets, you guys are using lower idle... or higher idles?

when i try my circle attempts, alot of the time i am stalling the bike.... i get it halfway complete, then i stall that bitch out. i am only finding it to be a problem in circle attempts though, not in straight line ****. would this be where these pizza pan's would come in handy, or is there a way around that with idle usage???

I first tried to learn how to stunt on my 954 with -1 /+12 (55t Vortex) =

Badd idea, too blipee.

Bought an F4i,WAY EASIER + a 64t Thrust Sprocket, high idle was extreeeeemly

nessesary. Too, A fat beaner like me needs a larger sprocket to make it

easier to get the front end up, lolol....

Im going to put the 64t on my 954 this weekend and see how much damage I can do with my 954:YEAH ......

You gunna be a claw. this weekend?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM

Back on topic....Peeps with bigger sprockets are running higher idle. Basically as sprocket count goes up (alot), then so must ur idle. if u dont idle it up, the bike stalls hella fast. Because the sprocket is so big, the bike doesnt have enough umpth to turn it over. So its either u idle it higher or u give it more throttle. Ummmmm which one u think is safer, LoL....=-)
Old 06-07-2007, 12:35 AM

well.... with my learning curve, i figured out how to use what the bike has as an advantage. but when i hoop on something like this machine with a 60t, it threw all my senses out the window. i was trying to get a feel for the bike, and got a dirtbike experience on a 445lb bike.

it just seemed outta control.

Quick Reply: the honest truth about sever sprocket counts.