Almost Running after Loop...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Mr Incognito is a decent person
Almost Running after Loop...

Alright ive almost got my **** running again after my nasty loop a few weeks ago. Ive got my cage pretty close to being bent back into shape (hopefully I can bend it all the way and get it to work again). The bike starts, idles, and all that, but its still missing a cylinder.

I figured I fouled out a spark plug, so I went and got new ones of those...that wasnt it. So after I put them in I discovered that all of the plug wires seem to snap down really tight to the plug except one (which happens to be the one that popped out when I looped it). So im wondering if I should spend the 85 bucks for a new plug wire or if it not snapping down tight would effect it in that way. Seems like as long as it was in there making a connection it should work.

Anyways give me any advice you have, I went to watch some filming for A Few Loose Screws 3 here in KC earlier today, and watching Dan Jackson thrash makes me antsy to get back to the lots....

Thanks for any help..
Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 PM

VK_Boomer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Almost Running after Loop...

my gsxr did the same thing like a year ago...and it was the spark plug wire. check ebay they should be cheap there
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Almost Running after Loop...

You will at least get a misfire if the wire is not completely on the plug terminal. Is the cylinder dead or is there a misfire? Are you sure you are pushing down hard enough - try again. If anything, grab a pair of pliers and reshape the wires terminal to make a better fit on the plug before wasting money on new ones.