Cop kills people, Maryland blames motorcycle rider....get this crap

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cop kills people, Maryland blames motorcycle rider....get this crap

Originally Posted by metal hed
I've never heard sportbikes called bullet bikes before
We had a cop refer to our bikes as crotch crickets once.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:12 PM

stunt127 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a cop on all fours one time when I put my nine to his face. **** was crazy. I did like 9 years up state. Ooo weee was that rough.

Haha nah just playin.

But yeah, sucks about what happened. FTP!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Had nothing to do with a sportbike... same thing could have happened if the guy was running in a car. It's not like the sportbike enabled him to cause the crash and if he was driving a car he wouldn't have been able to.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 PM

metal hed is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking sportbike riders (especially stunters) and gun advocates (especially assualt rifles) are cast into the same BS media propaganda. Any incident that happens involving a sportbike or assualt rifle will immediately have a few politicians tryin to make a name for themselves, and come up with some crazy bill to ban em, and the majority of people eat it all up. I can't think of any groups besides guns and sportbikes that get such a negative biased treatment.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:48 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a Fact! When the Police investigators find the Motorcyclist, He will be made an example of!!!!

2 Years ago in Fl, A Busa ran from a trooper, the trooper had a blow out, crashed and died!...2 - 3 months later the motorcyclist was found RUNNIN HIS MOUTH to the wrong person who was glad to collect the reward....and He is serving 15 years!

Wait and see it will happen here as well! My prediction!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:49 PM

wonderbread is an unknown quantity at this point

The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's.

It sounds like the officer was trying to hit the biker and his stupid *** missed and hit a car.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 PM

GORBO is a decent person

EXACTLY!!! that ******* hard-headed cop should have know better, 7pm on the beltway up here is ridiulously crowded.

what this boils down to is a stupid *** cop that was trying to be a hero, and couldnt choose the lesser of two evil (letter the bike go instead of endangering all the other drivers)

Maryland will never get that law passed, their just talking shitt to cover their a$$es

Originally Posted by d-dub
this was a sad story, cop should not have chased the bike during rush hour. If you know anything about d.c. area traffic during rush hour you know its a beast and there is know way a crown vic is going to keep up with the bike. As far as helicopters go, there are a lot of no fly zones in the d.c. area so they usually don't use them for chases.

and i agree the motorcycle companies will never allow a law to pass that would ban sport bikes
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM

xxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nice

******** Al Gore banned three wheelers back in the 80's when he was a nobody. Thats why I'm glad he did'nt win the Presidential election, his gay *** would probably have tried to ban all motorcycles if he became Pres.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 PM

GORBO is a decent person

I was waiting for some hard-on cop on here to throw their in.

Fact!! cop got spanked for not acting responsible and making good decisions, caused a seven car pile-up and KILLED two people

Originally Posted by FrankieG
Here is a Fact! When the Police investigators find the Motorcyclist, He will be made an example of!!!!

2 Years ago in Fl, A Busa ran from a trooper, the trooper had a blow out, crashed and died!...2 - 3 months later the motorcyclist was found RUNNIN HIS MOUTH to the wrong person who was glad to collect the reward....and He is serving 15 years!

Wait and see it will happen here as well! My prediction!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:05 PM

BlueR1der is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Funny thing is.........even if they did pass a bill to outlaw sportbikes, it would only apply to brand new bikes. So, you couldn't buy a brand new one, but you could still buy ANYTHING that was previously registered.
Bike manufacturers have bigger guns (lawyers) than MD police could ever afford.

thousands and thousands of teenagers are dying from automotive accidents each year, Gov still hasn't solved that problem.

Its all a BIG hype MD police will shut up soon.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

maybe they should have cops on turbo charged busas
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 PM

BlueR1der is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
maybe they should have cops on turbo charged busas
Busas are DUMB *** bikes. Good for straight only.
1K bike would still win.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:46 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

yet another whiiny b*tch trying to blame their problems on someone eles..."I would not have done it but the sportbike I saw made me not care about the other cars on the road. I thought pushing a few out of the way would be ok to catch an sportbike and give him a speeding ticket."

Ok so we ride a little fast sometimes and some of us run when the lights come on but outlawing our bikes?? Comeon the guy who runs from the cops is gonna do that to them in a car or on a harley too. Like others have said if it was not gonna be a paychecks worth of fines or a trip to jail getting caught we would pull over every time. I would not mind colleting tickets if they were only $10 and if they did not jack up the ins. rates.
Around here its $185 for going 5 mph over. 30mph or more over the limt is a trip to jail and up to a $10,000 fine + 90 days and no DL for a year. So if you get a cop trying to yank you on the hwy doing 85mph in a 55 zone you might as well try to run, the punishments the same and you may just not have to deal with it if you run
Old 06-02-2007, 12:03 AM

s_10onbagz is an unknown quantity at this point

think how many cops would die if they were able to chase on their own bikes. thats just scary. i agree with everyone here saying the cop was in the wrong, it sux the cop isnt taking any blame for the death.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:06 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by RonHightower
I was waiting for some hard-on cop on here to throw their in.

Fact!! cop got spanked for not acting responsible and making good decisions, caused a seven car pile-up and KILLED two people
Ron...Keep waiting for the "Hard-On Cop" he hasn't shown up yet! There was absolutley no reference to any police action in my comment only consequenses of actions in general... FACT!

If you know for a FACT how the cop was spanked, Please post it (Discipline results) They will be published in the paper for sure! Then show how he made mistakes and the consequenses of his actions, instead of talking out of your !

Anyway I look at this differently, my opinions mean nothing, I only try to educate and keep people close to me out of these situations.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

i'll tell you whats really scary..... any single minded american reading that article beleives all of it.

journalists are too smart for the average american nowadays and can sway there thinking with one paragraph
Old 06-02-2007, 01:07 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by s0nofg0d
i'll tell you whats really scary..... any single minded american reading that article beleives all of it.

journalists are too smart for the average american nowadays and can sway there thinking with one paragraph

Very True! Education and Wisdom are invaluable!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:26 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Trentl40
If they make the penalty higher for sportbikes, then more people will run, or at least i will. Now if they decrease the penalty so that if you get caught for doing a wheelie you dont go to jail i think alot more people would at least think about stopping.
yes its just like how if they eased up off the gun control laws there would be less shootings, and if they eased up off the drug control there would be less problems with that too. but lawmakers are stupid
Old 06-02-2007, 01:39 AM

mmccoy9661 is a decent person

[quote=808stunna;2793795]i dont get how the officer running into the car was the cyclist fault?[/quote

Its his fault because he got of his bike, bitch slapped the cop grabbed the steering wheel and yanked it into another ******* car, then got back on his bike and rode away. At least thats the way is sounds from the news
Old 06-02-2007, 01:56 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

I think that the cops should back off the bikes and let them be... chasing them down is wrong. yes we drive faster than most cars, but in most cases we are pretty safe. It is the cars we must watch out for, that don't see us coming due to their blind spots, etc. A do not chase law does not apply when a cop can say that the motorcyclist is endangering other civilians or motorists.....

anyway, check this out...

(WASHINGTON WSB- AP) The Supreme Court gave police officers protection today from lawsuits that result from high-speed car chases -- ruling against a Georgia teenager who was paralyzed after his car was run off the road.

The case turned on a video of the chase in Coweta County, south of Atlanta. Justice Antonin Scalia said law enforcement officers do NOT have to call off pursuit of a fleeing motorist when they reasonably expect that other people could be hurt.

Rather, officers can take measures to stop the car without putting themselves at risk of civil rights lawsuits.

The court sided eight-to-one with former Coweta County sheriff's deputy Timothy Scott, who rammed a fleeing black Cadillac on a two-lane, rain-slicked road in March 2001.

The 19-year-old driver of the Cadillac -- Victor Harris -- lost control and his car ended up at the bottom of an embankment. The nighttime chase took place at roughly 90 miles an hour.

Harris, paralyzed, sued Scott.

Lower federal courts ruled the lawsuit could proceed, but the Supreme Court said today it could NOT. Justice John Paul Stevens dissented.

In an unusual move, the court posted the dramatic video on its Web site.

The case is Scott versus Harris, 05-1631.

On the Net:

Video of the chase: http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinio...ttvharris.rmvb (Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

04-30-07

Quick Reply: Cop kills people, Maryland blames motorcycle rider....get this crap