View Poll Results: Do you run a aftermarket oil pickup on your stuntbike??
Yes, oil pickup
30.43%
No, i run oil on the heavy side
39.13%
No, I run normal oil level
25.22%
Whats an oil pickup?
5.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Putting an end to the controversy

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:45 AM

opie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Putting an end to the controversy

add a quart
Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 AM

powder46 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheap...insurance
Old 06-02-2007, 09:40 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Never had one, never had a problem.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:19 AM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

ive only seen consistant oil issues with gsxrs. put mine on before i got into stunting and the bike runs great 2 years later.

the people i think who tend to bitch are the ones that stunt out there bike for a few summers, THEN install a pickup only to have their **** hit the can. once you start to stunt w/o one whats the point of adding it later, the timer is already counting down. at least with a gsxr anyways.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:15 PM

"STANDALONE" is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
Never had one, never had a problem.
WE TALKED ABOUT THEM WHEN YOU WERE HERE IN SAN ANTONIO IF YOU WANT ONE IM SURE I CAN GET IT FOR YOU DIRT CHEAP IT IS WORTH IT

Originally Posted by jsteezy
ive only seen consistant oil issues with gsxrs. put mine on before i got into stunting and the bike runs great 2 years later.

the people i think who tend to bitch are the ones that stunt out there bike for a few summers, THEN install a pickup only to have their **** hit the can. once you start to stunt w/o one whats the point of adding it later, the timer is already counting down. at least with a gsxr anyways.
+1
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Don't have one, don't need one on this bike. I just run 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart over.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 PM

gixxerbob is a decent person

i bought an oil pickup from "stuntme on ebay"...it took 3 weeks to get it...i have yet to blow a motor.
after learning how to wheelie on my 750 it never gave me n e problems with all the revlimiter power wheelies never any problems but bad 2nd gears and a shot cam chain.
when i would start to scrape it on my 02 1k the light would go on and stall out..i put it in and now it doesn't do it anymore...and i cant hear my valves anymore either.
i always run my bikes with oil up to the very top of the sight window...

(id rather have a gixxer and have to do an oil pick up than have an 4f ez) (ps, my honda -crf450- is a bagga **** money pit)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P5090557.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	195250   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5090558.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	195251  
Old 06-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

i ran gsxr 750 for 6yrs. the motor with the stuntex blew up. the other motor is happily living its life out in a poser bike. add a qt.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Extra quart, keep it fresh, long live motor

With or without stuntex pickup both 04 gsxr 600's I had ran great.

Stuntex is not getting anymore dough from this guy....
Old 06-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

[QUOTE=

and i dont understand why in the other thread people are saying there motors blew due to this. i dont see how thats possible.[/QUOTE]

that is exactly why i started this thread. I dont understand how having an stuntex can blow your motor.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:31 AM

you know, i dont think there's a way to "accurately" determine if a pickup tube is worth a **** outside of common sense. the pickup tube for my gsxr reaches further back in the pan, how could it not be beneficial?

i think its important info if youve blown 2 motors, possibly through limiter burnouts and other high rpm dicking around, verses 5 minute lot idle wheelies and longass freeway standups. nobody has any idea what said bike has been through so we are comparing apples with oranges.

+ give me a break on the "oil light" issue with stoppies. i have yet to hear anybody or any thread for that matter discuss how they spun a bearing from a long *** endo.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:34 AM

powder46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50
I'm considering a stuntex for my F4i. I'm torn though. I've heard stories both good and bad. I run Royal Purple, a quart over right now.
yah...where have you herd that?!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 AM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

IF you have any brains at all and are mechanically inclined you will understand that your motor can not blow from a Stuntex pick up your motor may blow but its def not from that
Old 06-03-2007, 09:45 AM

VK_Boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

one of the first things i did to my bike, been stunting da old girl for over a year now, and havent had a problem wit da gsxr, stop being cheap......and doit.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:11 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PODIZZLE
IF you have any brains at all and are mechanically inclined you will understand that your motor can not blow from a Stuntex pick up your motor may blow but its def not from that
+1

Revlimiter anything, burnouts, overheating etc. will still make your motor blow, a pickup can't save it from that, it just prevents oil starvation at wheelie angles.... that's it and that's all.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

So many "do it" "dont do it" 's here......I can see how it would help a great deal while on a wheelie or on the bar, but like said in one of the previous post what about when the bike is on two wheels? Just like the stock pick up? Im thinkin about getin one and just want to clear it up..."is this a good mod for the f4i"? this wasnt even a question back in the day, it was more like extended oil pick up hell yeah gotta have it..lol....before they were tested I suppose....
Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
f4i's dont have oil pan gaskets what are you talking about
ya what the ****. my f4i also doesnt have a oil pan gasket
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
Unless you are getting 5-10 seconds of hang time you will never see the oil light in a stoppie.

Bottom line I got a "Pickup" for my f4i (baffle and a oil pickup key). with it it ran smooter at lower rpm's, lugged lower and it can run on the bar past 12'oclock just as well as it does with two wheels on the ground for as long as I want.
wrong dude my endos suck i can barley roll them 75 feet on my 05 gsxr600 but when u get to balance point oil light comes on
Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 PM

ok, so picture it this way. lets say you wheelie a gsxr w/o a pickup tube on the freeway for um 5 miles. mechanical common sense is gonna lead you to believe that the oil in cylinders will fall to the pan and not be replaced, as the stock pickup tube cant reach the oil..

so when your rocking a long *** endo WITH a pickup tube, isnt it nearly the opposite? wouldnt the oil simply stay in the cylinders? i understand fresh oil would stay in the pan since the aftermarket tube wouldnt reach the oil in a tall endo. so i would think that as long as your not rocking an endo for a mile or two youd be fine. i dont understand why poeple run their gsxrs (again, the only bike ive seen with consistant oil issues) into the ground from wheelies yet are scared to death of an oil light.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 PM

have one on my gsxr and f4i the only thing i dont like about the pickup on the gixxer is theres no screen, so i change my oil every 1500-2000 miles. the design on the f4i pickup is awsome flips the stock pickup 180 and theres a baffle that keeps the oil were it needs to be on the f4i it made a difference bike runs smother doin bp idle **** and pulls better doin bp idle ****. one more thing i roll revlimit coasters all the time with my f4i somtimes 200-500 ft on the limiter and no problems yet knock on wood.

Quick Reply: Putting an end to the controversy