View Poll Results: Do you run a aftermarket oil pickup on your stuntbike??
Yes, oil pickup
30.43%
No, i run oil on the heavy side
39.13%
No, I run normal oil level
25.22%
Whats an oil pickup?
5.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Putting an end to the controversy

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Putting an end to the controversy

Originally Posted by scott3824
f4i's dont have oil pan gaskets what are you talking about

your right but exhaust headers do have gaskets
Old 06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by s0nofg0d
your right but exhaust headers do have gaskets
The topic of the thread is oil pickups and you said
mines in my garage im just waiting 1 week for the gaskets cause the stealership doesnt have them in stock....
Old 06-01-2007, 10:49 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wheelchris
plan and sample if u dont maintain your motor it will blow... if u over heat your motor alot that will also blow a motor... i have been stunting for 5 years and have NEVER blown a motor yet...... JUST CHANGE YOUR OIL AND MAKE SURE U FILL THE ANTIFREEZ.... i will never stunt anything other then a HONDA.... they just hold up from any abuse......

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000

......and yes, stuntex pick-ups rock. :YEAH
Old 06-01-2007, 10:49 AM

meaning i dont know a difference yet cause i cant put headers back on yet
Old 06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

meaning i dont know a difference yet cause i cant put headers back on yet
then
a.)you don't have any valuable input about the topic
and
b.)you should clarify things because talking about exhaust header gaskets in a thread about oil pickups and not specifying what you mean is kind of pointless
Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 AM

dude im drunk still and i dont think your gonna notice a difference i think its just gonna save a motor.

and i dont understand why in the other thread people are saying there motors blew due to this. i dont see how thats possible.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I had an 05 gsxr 600 without one and it was fine. I bombed down the highway on one more then a few times daily and then out to the lot for some more and it loved live untill it got run over by a truck.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Bottom line is before I installed a pickup the oil pressure light would come on in a wheelie, that is the ECU telling you the motor doesnt have enough oil pressure After installing the pickup it never came on again....

Also my freinds bothers mothers grandmothers sisters brother from another mother blew his 02 GSXR 600 motor doing your average street wheelies...Its always rod bearing #1 that goes and its becaues its not gettin oil...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

A guy down here was doing a long *** freeway wheelie (couple miles) on his GSXR1000. After a while he heard a slight knocking noise and a lil after that his motor locked up. Smashing his bike down to the ground, he flew off the bike (still was holding the grips though) and almost went into a barrier O_o. So I'd have to say put an oil pick up. Running extra oil can actually damage your motor (yes a lot of people run extra and have no problems but there is a risk).

The best option for a GSXR is to get a race oil pan with a rotating swivel oil pick up. It's expensive as **** though (about $500+) but you will NEVER not have oil. The oil pan is flat and when you wheelie (or accelerate hard) the pickup goes back and is in oil...if you endo the oil pick up goes forward and stays in oil at all times.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:36 PM

500 compared to 90 for a stuntex
Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 PM

david04367 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got 1 for my gixxer its good for wheelies but not so good for endos
Old 06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by david04367
i got 1 for my gixxer its good for wheelies but not so good for endos
Unless you are getting 5-10 seconds of hang time you will never see the oil light in a stoppie.

Bottom line I got a "Pickup" for my f4i (baffle and a oil pickup key). with it it ran smooter at lower rpm's, lugged lower and it can run on the bar past 12'oclock just as well as it does with two wheels on the ground for as long as I want.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Undead stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

do they make an oil pickup for quads? i fill the oil tank and then go wheelie the blaster and the light stays on till i drop it
Old 06-01-2007, 06:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Undead stunts
do they make an oil pickup for quads? i fill the oil tank and then go wheelie the blaster and the light stays on till i drop it
by pass the oil injection and pre mix it with the gas then you will be fine....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
What the hell are you talking about? I don't see people here blaming a pickup on a motor blowing. If you were mechanically inclined and understand how a motor works you would understand why a pickup is a good idea - much better than over filling your oil capacity too.
+1MILLION

STUNTEX.COM for life
Old 06-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

hahaha do they make one for quad ????

Old 06-01-2007, 11:00 PM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know about some other bikes but with an f4i you can run a quart over no problem. The only issue with running your oil high is that if the crank starts stirring the oil up youll get air in the oil so you wont be getting enough oil to the top end. All you have to do is check your dip stick or oil window and make sure the oil doesnt have many bubbles if it looks good you should be alright. An oil pickup isnt a bad idea though. I thought about putting a pickup on my f4i but the stock pickup is already towards the back so I didnt bother. You can also take the locating tab off the stock pickup and move it to the other side and turn the pickup around and that sets it back another inch or so.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 PM

selbystunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnf
i am running one in my 05 gsxr,,,, have you looked at the stock one, its like 7 inches long, from the center of the motor and runs all the way to the front, and i realy mean the front,,,, if you stunt a 04/05 you realy need one,,, my lite never comes on now, its smother, sounds better,, it easy to put on after you get all the crap off your bike,, did mine in a hour,,, trust me it is worth the time and the money
+1 i have the same set up.... got a stuntex pick up and i feel alot better about it now.... the stock pick is litterally in the front of the pan.... did mine in about an hour... no biggie.. after you drain the oil stand it on twelve to do the rest... much easier:YEAH
Old 06-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

yea after about 2 or 3 seconds at 12 position on the quad it shuts down. those things dont last for **** in a tweleve.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:37 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

adjust your float level down so it doesn't run rich while in a twelve....

Quick Reply: Putting an end to the controversy