Staggered Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:31 PM

gsxrK3 is a decent person
Staggered Wheelies

Hey all. So I've been learning staggered wheelies. I like how comfortable they are compared to regular standups. I have a problem though, I always pull to the left and now I'm also tipping to the right on top of that. And I mean EVERY ******* time, it's making me so angry. I've tried putting more or less weight on each foot and adjusting my weight differently and still every damn time. Now the bike starts to go out from under me(tipping right) in the wheelie. I looked at my rear wheel and thought maybe it's out of alignment or something. It was off a little bit and I fixed it but still. Anyway I know wheelies aren't that complicated but I don't know wtf.
What kind of issues have you guys had when you were learning?

Slim chance but any stunters in here ride in el centro? Anyone know where that is?(lol)
Old 05-29-2007, 01:33 PM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Staggered Wheelies

do you do burnouts to the left side of the tire maybe and thats why you're pulling left???
Old 05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

wheelies are complicated there is alot of things going on all at once but if you get nice and high it is easier to stear ,if you are accelerating during the wheelie it is hard to change the direction
Old 05-29-2007, 01:43 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Yep, burnouts will make a bike pull in a wheelie but most of it has to do with body position.

You'll get it with a lil more practice.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:43 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

i know where el centro is. its down off the 8. waaay down from me. Like 2 and a half+ hours
Old 05-29-2007, 02:02 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

The way for me that I stopped going left to right was to make sure I was centered behind the bike when up. I noticed before I would always be leaning to the left or right.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:12 PM

gsxrK3 is a decent person

Thanks for all the replies that was quick. I guess I am off to the side. There was a slight breeze today, and I think it affected me more psychologically than anything else because I went sideways no matter what direction I was going. I will keep trying them though and see what happens.