Cage selection Help me choose!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:42 PM

gsxrmusic is a decent person
Cage selection Help me choose!

Hey guys i have an 06 Gsxr 1000 i unfortunaley let someone else ride it and he deystroyed it. The all mighty frame sliders caused the worst damage on the bike. They bent back and sheered off the frame around the slider where the base of the slider is in the frame. I have been working on putting her all back together, Even getting the frame welded in that spot. The bike is just my daily ride, im not really big in stunting yet but plan on purchasing a stuntbike when i get the funds (when i finsh this bike completly). I love to still take my corners so im looking for a cage thats not to big and bulky. I was looking at the FI cage but i have heard that they hve been causing frame damage aswell on certain bikes. I am certainly not looking to have to do a full break-down on the bike a second time to repair the frame. I am also not looking to have to have to cut the plastics but will if i have too. If anyone could help i would appricate it.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person
Re: Cage selection Help me choose!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 PM

pigs01GSXR2 will become famous soon enough

Hey.....that sux *** sorry to hear your shitty luck....I have a good drivers seat with a small scuff and a set of leavers, and stock winsheild if you need it. I have a 06 B&W was down slow speed and got it for 6600. but make sure after you get it back together it didn't tweek a fork tube "you will know by it pulling or drifting to one side" My roomate and bud both have 05 and one of them had a endo slide out minor at first but the fork leg wasn't. I had to do the clipon and it bent the lock tab on the bottom tripple and stator cover, tap the frame bolt that was gone and the peg assembly...not to bad but the tank fairing front and tail all have rash but I DON"T care its drive able.

Here it is as work in progress.........

Name:  GSXR004.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  102.2 KB
Old 05-25-2007, 01:05 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

SICK INNOVATIONS

WWW.SICKINNOVATIONS.COM
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Ian's regular cages can corner pretty well and if you want to get even lower in the corners he makes the race rails which are absolutely pimp for street and race bikes.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:06 PM

urgonnadowhat is a decent person

what about powers race rails?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Borne
Ian's regular cages can corner pretty well and if you want to get even lower in the corners he makes the race rails which are absolutely pimp for street and race bikes.
Not to thread Jack but Borne I read that ur first bike was a yzf 750....I had a 94 and my bud died on one so I went out and as a tribute got one also....Loved that bike and it was ahead of its time back then but they rocked.......for sure.......good shiat :YEAH

and Dude if you need those gixxer items PM me and I will give you a shout for sure.......
Old 05-25-2007, 02:35 PM

gsxrmusic is a decent person

Originally Posted by pigs01GSXR2
Hey.....that sux *** sorry to hear your shitty luck....I have a good drivers seat with a small scuff and a set of leavers, and stock winsheild if you need it. I have a 06 B&W was down slow speed and got it for 6600. but make sure after you get it back together it didn't tweek a fork tube "you will know by it pulling or drifting to one side" My roomate and bud both have 05 and one of them had a endo slide out minor at first but the fork leg wasn't. I had to do the clipon and it bent the lock tab on the bottom tripple and stator cover, tap the frame bolt that was gone and the peg assembly...not to bad but the tank fairing front and tail all have rash but I DON"T care its drive able.

Here it is as work in progress.........

you think thats bad i am at work now mine is sitting in the parkingin g lot with absolutly no plastics and the tail lights are TAPED on i will take a pic 2night and upload. This boy ex-friend tried to wheelie and had no experince whith doing them and pulled a full loop slamed on the left side and f-ed it all up. Thinking he was a good friend and that he would pay for i wasnt to pissed but then he left the country by moving to canada so if anyone is edmington alberta and want to make some side money let me know j/k he is returning to see his kid next month and i have half the county ready to call me when he shows up as for the forks when it snapped the clipon off it put a small crease in the fork tube but still rides like straigh liek an arrow.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

i ordered my tygershark cage today.... their customer service is the ****! ill post pics when i get it.

(i got the Stunt CJ3)
Old 05-25-2007, 03:52 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

I didnt read but only the title .....get a ****** SI how many time do we have to say this ......SEARCH !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 PM

FATZX9 is a decent person

Just go to www.sickinnovations and get one of the best cages out!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:31 PM

sounds like it will be a fixer and don't let anyone even sit on it. People don't realize there power and I just laugh when asked to take it for a Spin...worse is when a douch is sitting on it when you come out from work. I was a bit pissed about that... no respect for the throttle is what it is. I hope he got really fucked up...that would be ...
Old 05-25-2007, 08:34 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

I love lamp.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:42 PM

gsx-rKid1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

if u really hit the corners any full cage is gunna cause u to wreck. id sugest powers rase rail they sell them at warped toys.com check em out there sub frame connectors are pretty sick to
Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

Powers!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:47 AM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

www.powersstuntworx.com
Old 05-26-2007, 04:57 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

sick innovations schmick innovations
powers stuntworx powers shmuntworx
freestyle ingen bla bla........every single cage on the market has flaws. there is NO perfect cage.

any cage that people boast about on here is either a bandwagon situation, a sponsorship, or theyve just had the luck of the draw and zero bad experiences with that particular cage.

it does what its supposed to and protects your bike. if you pancake your **** once and the cage breaks in a million pieces but your bike is fine then it payed for itself right there.

fi: rolls onto the bars and tank, bottom loop gets stuck on your tailgate/ramp
flexes a little too much sometimes and can bust stator covers but hey all the pros use em so they must be good right?
si: quite possibly the only cage that does not come with sliders? why? nobody knows, but neither do we know why we are here. bulletproof design as long as your tools dont get eternally trapped inside
905: they bend and break
tygershark: if u wanna spend 315 dollars on a bunch of steel thats cool i guess. spring loaded sliders absorb impact like a champ though and their multiple strut design is pretty sturdy, also no bottom loop to worry about.
mxd: dont get me started
powers: hmm i dunno about those