Moose E-Z Pull Clutch Lever

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
zxz

zxz is an unknown quantity at this point
Moose E-Z Pull Clutch Lever

I picked up a Moose E-Z Pull Clutch Lever... was ready to intall it on my 2003 R6 & noticed some wires connected to the stock lever... has anyone been able to connect the electrical aspect from the stock one to the Moose E-Z Pull Clutch Lever?

http://prostunter.com/

Last edited by zxz; 05-24-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person
Re: Moose E-Z Pull Clutch Lever

im sure like everyone else, u eiether just take the electrical junk off and zip tie it to ur bars or triple like i did on my gsxr....or u can cut it off and jump the wires...all that stuff is for is to tell the bike to start when its in gear with the clutch lever in...it wont start in gear with the stock clutch lever out....when u take the stuff off, its in the out position for good./...be carful not to start it in gear..lol....done that once or twice
Old 05-25-2007, 12:18 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

on my 05 r6 I just let the 2 wires hang. It still starts with them not hooked to anything. (only in N)
Old 05-25-2007, 10:54 AM
zxz

Thanks guys for the 2 responses... but that's it, no more responses?

Old 05-25-2007, 11:31 AM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

Twist the two wires together buddy.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:06 PM

showtyme can only hope to improve

Well I never tried startin mine in gear so I don't know if it will or not. I like it better now though. Pullin in the clutch everytime to start the bike was a pain. I can start it with one hand now. My boys RR doesn't have that safety on it so everytime he got on mine it took him a second to figure out why my bike wouldn't start. Don't have that prob. now.

P.S. My **** is zip-tied.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:45 PM
zxz

It appears that I have to remove the the handgrip in order to remove the OEM lever... I've never done this, is this a "bitch" is it glued on... do I have to rip if off & buy a new one?

Old 05-26-2007, 01:13 AM

jakesfords is an unknown quantity at this point

just let it hang and put the bike in nutral to start
Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zxz
It appears that I have to remove the the handgrip in order to remove the OEM lever... I've never done this, is this a "bitch" is it glued on...
Just do what I did... take out the bolt then pry the b*tch open with a screw driver till it will slip off. I dont know if it will go back on later doing it that way but I guess I dont care eather way. I wont go back to a stock lever now that I know the ez-pull.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:16 AM
zxz

Originally Posted by r6-hooligan
Just do what I did... take out the bolt then pry the b*tch open with a screw driver till it will slip off. I dont know if it will go back on later doing it that way but I guess I dont care eather way. I wont go back to a stock lever now that I know the ez-pull.
I guess that's the way to do it if you plan to dump like an old bitch

Old 05-26-2007, 03:50 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by zxz
It appears that I have to remove the the handgrip in order to remove the OEM lever... I've never done this, is this a "bitch" is it glued on... do I have to rip if off & buy a new one?

use an air compresser with a spray nozle end on it, put the nozle end under the grip a little and as you blip the air pull on the grip. do the same putting it back on. Ive always done it that way back to the motocross days. always worked for me
Old 05-26-2007, 04:45 AM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^+1. thats how i did it
Old 05-26-2007, 10:50 AM
zxz

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
use an air compresser with a spray nozle end on it, put the nozle end under the grip a little and as you blip the air pull on the grip. do the same putting it back on. Ive always done it that way back to the motocross days. always worked for me

So the grips are not glued on?

Old 05-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

some grips are glued on, if they are try and use a smaller screwdriver and put it in one end of the glip and twist it around on the inside to break the glue free, or just use the air and twist it as your doing it that may break the glue free also, i always use gas to put them back on dump a little gas in the grip, swish it around then dump it out and slide the grip on quickly before the gas evaporates, once it evaporates you dont even need to use the glue i never do and mine never spin or loosen up or anything
Old 05-26-2007, 01:28 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

take a ****** razor knife and cut that grip off then go spend 10 dollars on a new set of grips. stock grips feel like **** anyway.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Originally Posted by zxz
It appears that I have to remove the the handgrip in order to remove the OEM lever... do I have to rip if off & buy a new one?
Slide a thin flat-head screw driver between the grip and the clip-on (handlebar). When it gets to the end of the grip pull it up about an inch and spray some glass cleaner or something down there and slide the screwdriver around the bar to move the spray around inside. Now the grip will slide right off.

You can twist together, connect, solider, or somehow connect the 2 clutch switch wires together - or just let it hang. If you do not connect them together you will just have to put your bike in neutral to start it every time.

Use grip glue, hair spray, or rubber cement to re-attach your grip and throw some safety wire around it for good-measure.

Goodluck Bambi.