Freestyle Ingenuity cages, do not use for Yamaha R6s

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:04 AM

madmancrash is a decent person
Freestyle Ingenuity cages, do not use for Yamaha R6s

this is an email i sent Fi about the protection their cages offer for those that stunt Yamaha R6s. im not trying to slander or talk **** about their products, but this is something that is poorly designed and should not be used for Yamaha R6s!!!!!!! any 1 want to see the effects of what it does i will post pics

just thought i would let ya know that you should stop selling or marketing the cage for yamaha r6's!!! i bought 4 of them for my stunt/riding crew for xmas gifts last year, so far 3 of us have no bike to ride. The extended slider goes through the head of the motor and destroys not only the motor, but the frame!!! my plastic was saved tho... just have no motors now. the three of us that have had this happen to were doing typical stunts that any other cage would have protected. i personally twelved and scraped for 10 feet or so to come to a stop then hit my hand break to bring the front down and at about 5 mph dropped it on the right side. i picked it up and bam, the same thing that happened to my boys bike. the damn slider/mount cracked a chunk of my head and snapped my frame emptying out all my oil. my other buddies r6's are 03's and mine is an 04 and we chose them because they are light and easy to throw around, after being on tons of forums they are quickly becoming a popular stunt bike. needless to say, we now have no bikes to ride and im warning everyone in my crew and other crews, stunt forums and those that ask not to use the fi cage. i am a huge supporter of stunt companies like fi that have been there from the start of the stunt game, but i think i would have been better off without the cage and just replaced the case cover and a lever or two, now i have to replace the frame/motor!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Freestyle Ingenuity cages, do not use for Yamaha R6s

please post pics of the area that was damaged ...i am making an r6 crash cage tomorrow and want to make sure i make the thing not damage the kids bike
Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 AM

powder46 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn!!!
thats nutz...shitty deals man.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:29 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

I got a SICK INNOVTIONS cage on my R6..

Only becouse Iv'e seen the FI cage kill many a bikes case covers

Last edited by Mr. Hooligan; 05-24-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: left out a word
Old 05-24-2007, 12:31 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if it only bolts up to the one bolt that goes thru the frame it may do the same thing...got any pics
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

who rides an r6? honestly....
Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

sickinnovations.com

I suck at links and my camras eather broke or got dead batterys dont know witch one.

1 bolt therw the rear most engine mount (coverd by the plastic caps)
1 bolt in the engine mount under the lower/mid fairing were they meet
and a cross brace between the header and block

peg feelers hit the ground about a 1/4 inch before the cage so you can still hit corners
engine mount bolts are 10 x 1.25 pitch

also I'm 6'3" and my shines dont hit the cage
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
who rides an r6? honestly....

I do focker!!!!!!!!

and about 4 others
Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r6-hooligan
I do focker!!!!!!!!

and about 4 others
oh, i'll say a prayer for you when i'm riding my bike all year with no issues
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 AM
also known as OMR

i got one in my garage now that i just made a subframe cage for and am going to make a crash cage tomorrow for it
Old 05-24-2007, 01:21 AM

rekless405 is an unknown quantity at this point

i ride an r6 and rock a SI cage...well almost
Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 AM

axiosteve is a decent person

BUY A HONDA!!!!

Love my F I cage! Greg is the **** too.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 AM

^^^ honda
Old 05-24-2007, 01:41 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by axiosteve
BUY A HONDA!!!!

Love my F I cage! Greg is the **** too.
yea on a honda they just break your stator cover and rip out your motor mount bolts
Old 05-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

only GOOD cage for 99-2002 R6 is the powers cage, due to it mounts to the motormount bolts but redirects the stress from a crash to higher spots on the frame where it only dents the frame and doesn't damage the motor.

only good cage for 2003-2005/06s R6's is racing 905 cage cause it is made out of more thinner metal then any other cage and it will give out before the motor mounts.

Fi cages are not to be used on 99-06 R6's nor 03+ninjas... just from my few years expeirence on here... and 2 years of stunting R6's with no broken motors and lots of crash's

Last edited by Wheeliest; 05-24-2007 at 01:46 AM. Reason: thats right bitches, MAY of 2004. Before Old man roger even thought about SL
Old 05-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by binder929rr
oh, i'll say a prayer for you when i'm riding my bike all year with no issues
my 02 R6 was the ****, i miss it some times. except when it wouldn't start when it was cold out side.... or when the carbs would go outta sync, or when i do stoppies it'd blow smoke, or when the fuel pump went out and i sold the bitch ahah no but seriously. it was a great bike.

Last edited by Wheeliest; 05-24-2007 at 01:48 AM. Reason: much better then 929 spark plug holes.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 AM

-RYNO is an unknown quantity at this point

just cause they are cheap guys dont mean buy em and try to turn them from track crap to stunters........
Old 05-24-2007, 03:10 AM

G Flow is an unknown quantity at this point

people hate on everything, yamahas=crap gixer=fixer honda=slow. Id say do what works for you! By the way if yamahas are so **** why are pro stunter useing them? just my
Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Im just not surprised about FI ...This is VERY common thing that has happened to you guys lately.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:41 AM

powder46 is an unknown quantity at this point

not trying to hate...but I had a super hard time stuntin my friends r1, r6 and my '05 gsxr 750...f4i was heaven and my other boyz 636 was solid also.

Quick Reply: Freestyle Ingenuity cages, do not use for Yamaha R6s