Flipping F4i clip ons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:37 AM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Flipping F4i clip ons...

Who said it was possible? haha I tried it for teh hell of it today and you can't even turn them upside down. The top area where the bar is hits the upper triple. So it can't go down...an even at that height it's only the same height as stock. Shitty haha...oh well I'll just settle with the OEM's turned out for now.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:45 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Flipping F4i clip ons...

Pretty sure Dlish has stock flipped clipons
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 AM

Dammit how did that happen? haha
Old 05-19-2007, 05:30 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT
Who said it was possible? haha I tried it for teh hell of it today and you can't even turn them upside down. The top area where the bar is hits the upper triple. So it can't go down...an even at that height it's only the same height as stock. Shitty haha...oh well I'll just settle with the OEM's turned out for now.
i had it for months. you just need to grind some stuff down, thats all! works ****!
Old 05-19-2007, 10:15 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by da Liks
i had it for months. you just need to grind some stuff down, thats all! works ****!
+1, real comfy like too!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:39 AM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT

You are wrong. You dremel the little lock notch and flip them and swap left with right. Feels alot better and they are not the same height as they taper upward instead of downward... Try again sir.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

I tried that and hated it. Went to DBars till I save up for real clipons. I guess I'm still spoiled from my 636 with flipped stock clipons F4i's feel so narrow to me now
Old 05-19-2007, 12:37 PM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by THORPE
I tried that and hated it. Went to DBars till I save up for real clipons. I guess I'm still spoiled from my 636 with flipped stock clipons F4i's feel so narrow to me now
"real" clipons???
Old 05-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

real aftermarket clip-ons....
Old 05-19-2007, 12:57 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

you just gotta grind em:YEAH really easy but takes a little time to get em ground down just enough... caus if you grind too much they'll be too weak... i did it to mine and they're mot bad.... i'll keep it that way till i bend em... then i'll order some through stuntme.com since julian is a good friend
Old 05-19-2007, 06:47 PM

Hajinomoto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLish
+1, real comfy like too!
Hey D-Lish can you post up closer pics of where/ how much you grinded down?

And let me clarify: you are grinding down the stock clipon stoppers then flipping them over or just turning them out?
Old 05-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

just grind em the **** off, its common sense, just dont start grinding away at the integrity of the clip-on clamp.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:14 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
just grind em the **** off, its common sense, just dont start grinding away at the integrity of the clip-on clamp.
+1. You can't see the grind w/o pulling the bar off, and I'm not gonna get outta bed for that, sorry. Turn it upside down, the right clipon to the left fork and as u set it down, you'll see where it hits, grind down a bit at a time.heres the other pic I already have.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:20 PM

http://www.DSFRIDERS.COM/albums/vids/IMAGE_493.jpg

http://www.DSFRIDERS.COM/albums/vids/IMAGE_492.jpg
Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 PM

Ahhh okay okay now I get it haha...I was kinda thinking I'd have to grind it down in that area to make it go on...but didn't really wanna do that.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 AM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I grinded down my stock clipons and have been rocking em same posision as DLIsh has for the past month and i love em. Im guna order aftermarket when I get a handbrake cuz they are longer. I wanna leave my blinker/highbeam/horn on the bars still.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Black03R1
I grinded down my stock clipons and have been rocking em same posision as DLIsh has for the past month and i love em. Im guna order aftermarket when I get a handbrake cuz they are longer. I wanna leave my blinker/highbeam/horn on the bars still.
just weld on a small extension on ur left side
Old 05-25-2007, 08:22 PM

streetfighteR6 is a decent person

will this work if i do it on my 05 r6?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:52 PM

From what I understand R6's can just flip over without any modifications. After using my friends bike with flipped clip ons I gotta say I don't really like it. I love the height of them and it makes it very comfortable...but being angled upwards instead of flat or down just feels weird...I think I'm going FI.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:37 PM

righthooks is an unknown quantity at this point

flipped=good

Quick Reply: Flipping F4i clip ons...