Electrical ? Need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person
Electrical ? Need help quick

ok I just bought a new (not used) hi/low switch, everything is fine and dandy till i plug it in then i blow a headlight fuse.....in the wiring or could this switch be the problem????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	194371  
Old 05-15-2007, 03:41 PM

Dave5point0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Electrical ? Need help quick

get a gixxer, quick fix!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

If the wiring on either side looks tampered with then check to see if any wire splicing has occured. Check your wires near your frame too, on my gsxr they were known for blowing headlight fuses cause the wiring near the frame would melt and contact.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:08 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dave5point0
get a gixxer, quick fix!

get a gixxer but it says you own a 954... ......naw im good ill stick with a Honda myself
Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by 287ridah
If the wiring on either side looks tampered with then check to see if any wire splicing has occured. Check your wires near your frame too, on my gsxr they were known for blowing headlight fuses cause the wiring near the frame would melt and contact.

yeah thats what Im doing now, Im damn near got every taped up set of wires unrapped, its a huge mess but I did find a burnt wire (its starting to melt the plastic) coming out of the stator, the 3 yellow wires, well 1 of them looks a lil black...any chance t hat could be the problem to the hl?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RuffRyder99
yeah thats what Im doing now, Im damn near got every taped up set of wires unrapped, its a huge mess but I did find a burnt wire (its starting to melt the plastic) coming out of the stator, the 3 yellow wires, well 1 of them looks a lil black...any chance t hat could be the problem to the hl?
No, if anything that would effect your charging, meaning your battery would be depleted leaving you stranded. Your problem should be up near the front of the bike. Get a test light. If you check your manual there should be a procedure for checking end to end wires, making sure there isnt a short. Did you do anything recently to the bike? Why did you buy a new/used hi/low switch?
Check bulbs, recheck fuses (pop in more and see if it always pops.) Then you can better trace the wire. Also the wiring diagram in the manual will help. Re check all wires (near the front of the bike) oh and check the connections!!! Yeah, that's where my gsxr was having problems (common problem too with gsxr). THe connection would somehow cross wires or grounded by touching the frame ?? something. But yeah, check your connection with a test light.

Last edited by 287ridah; 05-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by 287ridah
No, if anything that would effect your charging, meaning your battery would be depleted leaving you stranded. Your problem should be up near the front of the bike. Get a test light. If you check your manual there should be a procedure for checking end to end wires, making sure there isnt a short. Did you do anything recently to the bike? Why did you buy a new/used hi/low switch?
Check bulbs, recheck fuses (pop in more and see if it always pops.) Then you can better trace the wire. Also the wiring diagram in the manual will help. Re check all wires (near the front of the bike) oh and check the connections!!! Yeah, that's where my gsxr was having problems (common problem too with gsxr). THe connection would somehow cross wires or grounded by touching the frame ?? something. But yeah, check your connection with a test light.

ok ok after all this time just starin at the bike I got it ...not even gonna mention what it was but it wasnt my fault, it was a previous owners fault....I just bought the time and Im redoing the whole thing its gotta pass and inspection b4 I can title it in ky so Im putting all that good street stuff back on it.....thanks man
Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

did you have the 2 gray plugs switched?