Ceramic Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Ceramic Bearings

I've emailed a few companies about them but haven't found any prices yet
Old 05-13-2007, 02:13 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

oohhh your looking for wheel bearings?
Old 05-13-2007, 02:34 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

i run them in my 929, there awsome..!!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:03 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by chirpin4th
oohhh your looking for wheel bearings?
Yup.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
i run them in my 929, there awsome..!!

Where did you get them?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 PM

So I emailed cbrbearing.com. They just got back to me and the ceramic bearings aren't bad at all
Old 05-14-2007, 06:53 PM

MATT L is a decent person

How much, have thought about trying them.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:55 PM

Heres the reply I recieved from them

Thank you for your inquiry. Are you looking for wheel bearings and / or steering bearings? If so, we have both in stock. Front wheel bearing and seal kit (premium Japanese - not Chinese like the rest) is $33.00. The rear kit (3 bearings and two seals) is $49.00. The tapered roller steering head bearing upgrade kit is $53.00.
We also have the wheel bearings in ceramic if you are interested. Thanks!.

Best Regards,

Charlie Rowlett
CBR Bearing Co.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

$90 you can get a set of hybrids from AllBallsRacing that aren't bad.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:00 PM

I see them listed on the site but when I search for parts for a F4i nothing comes up but the standard stuff
Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by nags
I see them listed on the site but when I search for parts for a F4i nothing comes up but the standard stuff
forget that Alex there told me 929/954 only, don't think they have F4i stuff.....but if you got a 954 front end you're set. Wouldn't think you would need in in the rear
Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Since ya'll are on the subject, sort of. I am curious if I have f'd up my steering bearings?

When I go forward and hit the front brake it pops in the front end, if I go forward again and do the same ...nothing. But if I go backwards and grab front brake it will pop again, but not on the second time. Only the first time in either direction, when I stop the momentum??
It feels ok when I turn the bars, but I dunno' I have set a couple of wheelies down pretty hard trying to learn 12's/slow **** lately with stock gears.

Anybody know if I can tighten this up, or is that a sign of bearings being flat?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Since ya'll are on the subject, sort of. I am curious if I have f'd up my steering bearings?

When I go forward and hit the front brake it pops in the front end, if I go forward again and do the same ...nothing. But if I go backwards and grab front brake it will pop again, but not on the second time. Only the first time in either direction, when I stop the momentum??
It feels ok when I turn the bars, but I dunno' I have set a couple of wheelies down pretty hard trying to learn 12's/slow **** lately with stock gears.

Anybody know if I can tighten this up, or is that a sign of bearings being flat?
pull your top triple and check to see if the nuts you adjust with spanner wrenches are loose or not....more than likely your steering head bearings are loose, don't over tighten em tho
Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Great, now I gotta but another f'n tool!!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Great, now I gotta but another f'n tool!!
or not....I use a rubber mallet and a punch to lightly hit the nuts to tighten them until they are snug, then use the lil bending washer to keep it in place.....you'll see what I mean when you do it
Old 05-14-2007, 09:40 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
or not....I use a rubber mallet and a punch to lightly hit the nuts to tighten them until they are snug, then use the lil bending washer to keep it in place.....you'll see what I mean when you do it
sorry, I stepped away to feed my dogs, I think I know what you are talking about. I actually tried to do that when I swapped and turned out the clips. It didn't do anything but mar the hell outta the notch part of the nut.

did you ride today? That wind sucked! On the way home, I bout biffed it on a dead snaping turtle right when I shifted to second ...after the slow **** got faster!haha
Old 05-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Group Moderator

GSE Brent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
All you gotta do is spread your pads and it'll spin for days
wow i never thought to actually do that cuz i've considered ceramic wheel bearings until the price and i also heard that they can easily break depending on how hard you land your wheelies not saying you do but i do
Old 05-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
forget that Alex there told me 929/954 only, don't think they have F4i stuff.....but if you got a 954 front end you're set. Wouldn't think you would need in in the rear
I don't need them anywhere but they'd be nifty.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by GSE Brent
wow i never thought to actually do that cuz i've considered ceramic wheel bearings until the price and i also heard that they can easily break depending on how hard you land your wheelies not saying you do but i do
they don't break....got em in my 954 front end on my 600rr and its been slammed down at all angles ALOT......put these in with a new wheel, new fork springs, new/heavier fluid, new clip-ons, all to see how far I could start rolling endoes.......and then I bought an F4i and rarely touch my RR now! what are ya gonna do? oh well, works great as a street killer and Jowalski even compained that my bike accelerates when you pull up an endo