I Had 2 Say Something

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 PM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person
I Had 2 Say Something

well i just wanted to say something about the xtremmys.

first off STUNTWORKS dont take this the wrong way....becouse i like you guys and im not a hater. but here goes.

i understand that the xtremmys are done by voting. so they won hands down by more votes. The point of this is this.....you mean to tell me that a rookie group with a handycam and very little production value and NAME can win the biggest award in our industry for videos. i think that the videos should be judged just like an event. I mean anyone can vote 2 million times over if they wanted to...but realy for them 2 beat out 3 great filmers and producer, britton, pollack and myself...who spend tons of money and time on editing filming and production.....im just saying that is was a HUGE step backwards in our sport of dvds. again stuntworks please dont take this wrong..ill keep saying it becouse i dont want any bullshit to go back n forth....i just dont understand how a video like yours could beat a video like pollacks, brittons, or molinas video. i watched there video and it has some sur real gore in it...**** made me gringe....the riding...it was great for 2 years ago...i mean i dont think there was one circle in it...but the video showed them having fun and just plan out riding. the editing was dry and no graphics.....now fellas i hope that you are honest when you reply to this...becouse 3 of you told myself you had no idea how you could of beat us besides voting......i was only but hurt becouse of the time and prodcuction that was put into our videos compared to yours. i dont want war i just want it to be known that voting is bullshit....kinda...becouse if you have that many fans then yes you deserve to win..like you did.....but if it goes by the way real movies and awards go..theres no way possible that they should have won.

yes im very very upset at docy for this one becouse like i said up there...its a huge step backwards...i mean what if rock the 40 or siu was in the voting..you mean to tell me that there video is better...

im sorry fellas that you guys are the ones in the middle of this...but i do want it known...that they are great riders and good peeps..i hung out with them at KOS and xtremmys and they are nothing but great peeps. so please dont be mad for what im saying..just think about the way im saying it...

6 years and 12 videos nominated that i have edited, filmed, or produced and nothing....well i cant say that...Made in Mexico 3 won best off road video.
i just think that our sports should be judged better from events,comps, to videos.

stuntworks. i love you guys and hope that you understand where im coming from.

nicely im out...im about to retire from producing after that one. for real...ill film but i think that put me overboard on wanting to make another ******* dvd for anyone. what for...sales...money...to be known....none of it is worth it when **** like this happens.

i feel so bad i almost cant press the submit button...i dont want war..just truth.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:11 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: I Had 2 Say Something

Ha sounds like a shitty stunt comp to me
Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeNicelyFilms
i understand that the xtremmys are done by voting. so they won hands down by more votes. .

Get more votes next time and you'll win...simple as that
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Undead stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

exactly what mofat said hahaha
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM

balma is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont even know what to say about this one but since i met you " mike " and talked a bit about filming with you and the things you had to say about your passion for it let alone the videos of yours i have purchased and watched a million times over! . i feel your frusteration bro. but for the love of stunnin and people like myself who fiend for new footage, angles, music, and monster dope editing. PLEASE dont stop makin movies.

BALMA WESTCOAST CONNECTION
Old 05-10-2007, 11:10 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

wow...thats a pretty harsh slam on the stuntworks guys...i have not seen the vid but saw the trailer on the impact site...

nicely, i can understand your pain on this one...seriously. it sucks to put your heart and soul into something and not feel like you are getting your just due in return. but ask yourself one question...why? why do you make videos? why do you spend tons of hours and money bringing new, sick footage to the people?

is it because you have a genuine love of producing/production? or are you looking only for the awards, acclaim, and accolades that come with some of this stuff? please do not misunderstand, i am not trying to put any words in your mouth or answer this question for you. i was serious...take a minute and think about the whys involved with all of this...

i do, however, think that maybe you came off a little harsh on the stuntworks guys...and that could do more to move stunt dvd's backwards when we all begin to turn on each other and talk smack because we are upset...

so, if anyone needs me, ill be over here making some garbage vids and having fun with my friends...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

They way i look at it right now is...

If i get nominated its like a win because the voting system needs to change. Internet voting isn't the way to do it at all, setup a panel of judges and make them watch them all, vote on categories. Editing, music,cinematography overall ect...

The Xtremey awards is a great thing, it just needs some tweaking on the sportbike video judging.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 PM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

...take a minute and think about the whys involved with all of this...

first off i am not trying to be harsh or bash on stuntworks...becouse i truly like those guys alot...i only met them twice and they gave me some free swag and tons of props...so please now that my frustration is only in the voting system of xtremmys....i took the time to watch there video just like i do everyone elses...i dont mean to be hard on them...they are new to the video game and it sucks that they are in the middle of it..kinda have no choice...i am with out a doupt happy for them...i am....like i said they won on votes hands down...i just dont want to see videos go backwards...i mean fish and darius are putting out 2 of the most gangster videos i have ever watched in my years...fishes video hands down is the most theatrical video ever made other then dust to glory....so please do not mis read what im saying about voting...i know the stuntworks guys put there heart n soul into the video just like most of us do....but im done making internet clips n dvds for a while...more to it then the xtremmys.....

STUNTWORKS FOR LIFE BABY....WALK THREW THE VALLEY....im sorry if i hurt anyones feelings i couldnt sit back and say nothing about the situation.....

ps. anyone wants footage from stuntwars o6,o7, stuntfury, king of the south and other comps ive done contact me becouse i want to give it away now..

besides the XDL dvd i have to make for thomas....ill keep my promise on that. but im going back under my rock for a while.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

...take a minute and think about the whys involved with all of this...

first off i am not trying to be harsh or bash on stuntworks...becouse i truly like those guys alot...i only met them twice and they gave me some free swag and tons of props...so please now that my frustration is only in the voting system of xtremmys....i took the time to watch there video just like i do everyone elses...i dont mean to be hard on them...they are new to the video game and it sucks that they are in the middle of it..kinda have no choice...i am with out a doupt happy for them...i am....like i said they won on votes hands down...i just dont want to see videos go backwards...i mean fish and darius are putting out 2 of the most gangster videos i have ever watched in my years...fishes video hands down is the most theatrical video ever made other then dust to glory....so please do not mis read what im saying about voting...i know the stuntworks guys put there heart n soul into the video just like most of us do....but im done making internet clips n dvds for a while...more to it then the xtremmys.....

STUNTWORKS FOR LIFE BABY....WALK THREW THE VALLEY....im sorry if i hurt anyones feelings i couldnt sit back and say nothing about the situation.....

ps. anyone wants footage from stuntwars o6,o7, stuntfury, king of the south and other comps ive done contact me becouse i want to give it away now..

besides the XDL dvd i have to make for thomas....ill keep my promise on that. but im going back under my rock for a while.
ok, so all of the stuntworks stuff aside...if you have fun doing it...why go sit under a rock???

don't forget the fun part of all of this...
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 AM

FiSh is a decent person

Originally Posted by southtown
ok, so all of the stuntworks stuff aside...if you have fun doing it...why go sit under a rock???

don't forget the fun part of all of this...
Things change a bit when you invest tons of money and hundreds of hours into what you do, Even though it is fun it takes ALOT of work... Until people have even made a dvd this isnt their thread to post in.

I missed the deadline for this years Xtremey, gunna be a war for next time!!!. I want 3 dvd's of mine nominated this year, haha wow i gotta get back to work to finish all this/

Last edited by FiSh; 05-11-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:57 AM

STARKS is a decent person

Originally Posted by FiSh
Things change a bit when you invest tons of money and hundreds of hours into what you do, Even though it is fun it takes ALOT of work... Until people have even made a dvd this isnt your thread to post in.

I missed the deadline for this years Xtremey, gunna be a war for next time!!!. I want 3 dvd's of mine nominated this year, haha wow i gotta get back to work to finish all this/
Dude, hes made plenty of dvds bro. Thats Chris from Nascency Project. Trust me, hes dealt with the bull **** the same if not more than any other producer.

www.nascencyproject.com
Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 AM

FiSh is a decent person

Originally Posted by STARKS
Dude, hes made plenty of dvds bro. Thats Chris from Nascency Project. Trust me, hes dealt with the bull **** the same if not more than any other producer.

www.nascencyproject.com
Didn't mean him, just other people in general.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

I Prefer The Videos That Arent Over-edited But Hate The Ones That Have A Bunch Of Lifestyle Clips Off The Bike. Never Seen Either Video So No Comment On The Votes.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:20 AM

STARKS is a decent person

Originally Posted by FiSh
Didn't mean him, just other people in general.
Cool
Old 05-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person

well i just wanted to say something about the xtremmys.

first off STUNTWORKS dont take this the wrong way....becouse i like you guys and im not a hater. but here goes.

i understand that the xtremmys are done by voting. so they won hands down by more votes. The point of this is this.....you mean to tell me that a rookie group with a handycam and very little production value and NAME can win the biggest award in our industry for videos. i think that the videos should be judged just like an event. I mean anyone can vote 2 million times over if they wanted to...but realy for them 2 beat out 3 great filmers and producer, britton, pollack and myself...who spend tons of money and time on editing filming and production.....im just saying that is was a HUGE step backwards in our sport of dvds. again stuntworks please dont take this wrong..ill keep saying it becouse i dont want any bullshit to go back n forth....i just dont understand how a video like yours could beat a video like pollacks, brittons, or molinas video. i watched there video and it has some sur real gore in it...**** made me gringe....the riding...it was great for 2 years ago...i mean i dont think there was one circle in it...but the video showed them having fun and just plan out riding. the editing was dry and no graphics.....now fellas i hope that you are honest when you reply to this...becouse 3 of you told myself you had no idea how you could of beat us besides voting......i was only but hurt becouse of the time and prodcuction that was put into our videos compared to yours. i dont want war i just want it to be known that voting is bullshit....kinda...becouse if you have that many fans then yes you deserve to win..like you did.....but if it goes by the way real movies and awards go..theres no way possible that they should have won.

yes im very very upset at docy for this one becouse like i said up there...its a huge step backwards...i mean what if rock the 40 or siu was in the voting..you mean to tell me that there video is better...

im sorry fellas that you guys are the ones in the middle of this...but i do want it known...that they are great riders and good peeps..i hung out with them at KOS and xtremmys and they are nothing but great peeps. so please dont be mad for what im saying..just think about the way im saying it...

6 years and 12 videos nominated that i have edited, filmed, or produced and nothing....well i cant say that...Made in Mexico 3 won best off road video.
i just think that our sports should be judged better from events,comps, to videos.

stuntworks. i love you guys and hope that you understand where im coming from.

nicely im out...im about to retire from producing after that one. for real...ill film but i think that put me overboard on wanting to make another ******* dvd for anyone. what for...sales...money...to be known....none of it is worth it when **** like this happens.

i feel so bad i almost cant press the submit button...i dont want war..just truth.
hey man im sorry to hear that...but anyone who knows you..or even like half assed knows you..knows this is your life..this is what you do..you put more time and effort into this than kane trying to market himself...don't let it get you down dude..you have helped me out with **** i probably would have never figured out...don't stop the pace you are going because with all the pimpin videos you make.....they get better each time... by the way... my camera fucked up..but im going to get it fixed and if you want any 450 footy let me know..ill put them on a cd and mail them to you in raw form..in badass video quality ill pm you the link!!..don't worry dude..fucked up **** happends all the time..the strong keep going ..the weak give up..and i know your strong for sure..you wouldn't have made it this far in the game if you weren't
Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike, How do you facilitate a change in the awards process, if there are enough complaints, and the complaints are publicly noted, to create a conflict and issue of quality, and/or overall genuine filming professionalism...Mabee you can try to be the spear head in making a change which seems to be necessary!

Use this set back as motivation to facilitate a change in the process! I know you can! You are one of the top film makers around and we need you in our industry! I garuntee you can muster up enough support from us all the help you in facilitating this necseeary change in the awards process.

Feel your hurt!

PBR
Old 05-11-2007, 01:31 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

please send me any of my footage that you have. j/k

do like chris and throw it on stuntlife for free

Don't hate productions (Danny) was going to not do anything with his when it was finished but i think we talked him out of that one. and i know you have seen it mike and its not a bad dvd by any means IMO. He put alot of time effert and money into that one himself and he said he was done with filming for awhile but i hope not
Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Man Mike, that's rough and I am sorry you were disappointed. If it's a straight internet votes thing, then I don't see how it could possibly be an award for production values or content, it seems more like a popularity contest or an award for who can drum up the most votes. Am I missing something?

Congratulations to Stuntworks, sorry to all who didn't win, there's some great work being done and it's good to see more people moving to the front, it indicates some forward movement for the whole little industry.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

The voting system needs to change, period. If I'm nominated I shouldnt have to sit there and post on every forum "hey vote for me".