Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person
Re: I Had 2 Say Something

dont bother me... im used to internet gangstas

Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 AM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

wow , all this hype , I understand everones view point on this. First I agree the videe is good but not awesome , But I will say for Zane and his local freinds in the Florida area he made from scratch a video that was pretty good , think about it a couple local ( no name in the sport )stunters go out flim some footage and next thing you know the when the award !!!!!! I give mad props to all the guys who particpated in the making ! ESP Zane I think the is mostly genuis to pretty much teach yourslef on everything there is to making a video! And he did pretty good and got 1st ,

But I will fully admit as well as all the stuntworks guys there are and have been better videos out there with better bank rolls to back it up !!!! So mad props to all those guys too !!!!!! But still even all that in mind , you get a video that makes it to #1 coming from a **** whole Gainsville !!!!! the have only a few stunters in the whole town !!! thats why I give them credit ! Its not like going to O-town and having 100 to choose from.....

None the less credit to both sides of the fense , I love all the work that is put out in the sport , But just because some no names won a video one year isnt a reason to quit !!!! Just another reason to go out and film some even better footage and sicker tricks ! I mean isnt that what competition means ?????? If it was easy than everbody would be filming and send it to Impact videos ! For all those who film I would think its pretty girly to quit just because a couple of small town peeps made it once or twice , GO out and show them better **** and shove it in there face next year !!!!!!!

Last edited by alexcod; 05-14-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excessa
Good grief. Let the man speak, ya big bully.
it was late, I was cranky, what do you want?!?!?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:12 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
[/IMG]
hey dipshit......I was just stating that sometimes there is a serious thread and no one wants your opinion....but you're clearly a jackass......so feel free to demonstrate just that.....
Old 05-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Gixxxer_Wood is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody done talking **** now? Good Let's Ride!:YEAH
Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 AM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Nicely, I feel ur pain bro........... docy uh......... thats all
Old 05-14-2007, 11:40 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

Originally Posted by skillz954
hey dipshit......I was just stating that sometimes there is a serious thread and no one wants your opinion....but you're clearly a jackass......so feel free to demonstrate just that.....

i think you beat me to it
Old 05-14-2007, 06:13 PM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

Originally Posted by alexcod
wow , all this hype , I understand everones view point on this. First I agree the videe is good but not awesome , But I will say for Zane and his local freinds in the Florida area he made from scratch a video that was pretty good , think about it a couple local ( no name in the sport )stunters go out flim some footage and next thing you know the when the award !!!!!! I give mad props to all the guys who particpated in the making ! ESP Zane I think the is mostly genuis to pretty much teach yourslef on everything there is to making a video! And he did pretty good and got 1st ,

But I will fully admit as well as all the stuntworks guys there are and have been better videos out there with better bank rolls to back it up !!!! So mad props to all those guys too !!!!!! But still even all that in mind , you get a video that makes it to #1 coming from a **** whole Gainsville !!!!! the have only a few stunters in the whole town !!! thats why I give them credit ! Its not like going to O-town and having 100 to choose from.....

None the less credit to both sides of the fense , I love all the work that is put out in the sport , But just because some no names won a video one year isnt a reason to quit !!!! Just another reason to go out and film some even better footage and sicker tricks ! I mean isnt that what competition means ?????? If it was easy than everbody would be filming and send it to Impact videos ! For all those who film I would think its pretty girly to quit just because a couple of small town peeps made it once or twice , GO out and show them better **** and shove it in there face next year !!!!!!!
alex its not about some no names beating out some great producers, riders , filmers and editors....its the simple fact that voting period should not determine who wins...thats what im saying...and yes mad props to zane for doing what he did..and for you guys having a great video..i did enjoy alot of the lifestyle, humor and evening seeing some old scoo tricks put to good use...so dont get my thread confused, and dont call me a GIRL for wanting to stop for a while..i like you alex but dont step over the line.....

like i was saying to begin with YOUR video is not good enough to win and barley good enough to sell....along with 400 other dvds from all sports that make filming and producing a joke....

i dont want war i want **** to be right,,,,,,and like movies out there other then the peopls choice awards..everything is done by a panel....and i use to believe that she let the dvds that made the most money for her WIN but finding out that your video and another have only sold about 500 total...compared to the others that combine about 10000 copies....im confused....

so you guys one by voting and thats that...and i want that to change...period...i have yet to call docy and aproach her yet on this subject but i will..

so alex know this...im proud for you guys 100% im just upset about how i had to be proud for you...and it sucks this way....please dont let this change how any other person looks at me for what im saying.......not being a hater of Stuntworks..they are in the middle by accident.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:33 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeNicelyFilms
alex its not about some no names beating out some great producers, riders , filmers and editors....its the simple fact that voting period should not determine who wins...thats what im saying...and yes mad props to zane for doing what he did..and for you guys having a great video..i did enjoy alot of the lifestyle, humor and evening seeing some old scoo tricks put to good use...so dont get my thread confused, and dont call me a GIRL for wanting to stop for a while..i like you alex but dont step over the line.....

like i was saying to begin with YOUR video is not good enough to win and barley good enough to sell....along with 400 other dvds from all sports that make filming and producing a joke....

i dont want war i want **** to be right,,,,,,and like movies out there other then the peopls choice awards..everything is done by a panel....and i use to believe that she let the dvds that made the most money for her WIN but finding out that your video and another have only sold about 500 total...compared to the others that combine about 10000 copies....im confused....

so you guys one by voting and thats that...and i want that to change...period...i have yet to call docy and aproach her yet on this subject but i will..

so alex know this...im proud for you guys 100% im just upset about how i had to be proud for you...and it sucks this way....please dont let this change how any other person looks at me for what im saying.......not being a hater of Stuntworks..they are in the middle by accident.

Hey I understand to the fullest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know whats it like to put so into something and two days later some rich kid just beat you to the punch with his dadd'y wallet!!! ( just an exaple NOT ZANE'S CASE ) I am not taking any offense to your piont at all , I think its a very valid one, I as well as many other know what it takes to do what you and only a few others have accomplished.

Make a long story short I understand fully your side , unlike most of the Babies on this site will take this and turn it into a war and talk **** about it for two decades!!! LOL , None the less I think you should keep doing what your doing , I am sure it will pay off in the end !! I would hate to see any body loose site of their passion because of a bump in the road , And let someone else get all the GLORY ( wont name any names )

Good luck to all and hope all this conversation makes a diference to those who can actaully do something about it !
Old 05-14-2007, 07:50 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by louisvillerider

Lord, now you're antagonizing him?

Let's not jack the thread.

A public vote is not a good system, if there was a way to get the extremmys to fashion their thing after the SAG awards, you might have something feasible to work with.

ETA on the glory reference. (which I don't completely understand but we're not all the same) I'd hand out glory like it was freakin cookies if I had it to give away, I just want money. And fun people to break stuff with.

Last edited by excessa; 05-14-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 PM

GQ007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain. It took a while for my films to start getting recognized with the "stunt life" crowed. But overall i do thing the voting process sucks. I started off promotiong it and sending bulletins on myspace but then i thought about it. 4 what. I want my films to win from the people not how many people i told to vote for me.

For those of you that dont know me i produce the series Burn On The West Coast and i filmed Almost Famous 1 & 2. I also did Motorcycle Mayhem and the brand new 1 Hot Bikes.

I also spent $$$$ after $$$$ on equipment etc but it is what it is. As long as i know my **** is hot and i have tons of followers, im coo with that. I just keep re-enventing my style and just be different.

I tell you what though, if Motorcycle Mayhem doesnt get any love next year all hell is gonna break loose . But for real that video was a BITCH to make. A story line,1 location, 20 hours of footage with 3 camera angles. Some parts of that thing had 25 tracks of video layered on top of each other. What do i have to do make a stunt DVD on Film next.

Congrats to all the nominee's and congrats to the winners
See you next year
Burn Films

Last edited by GQ007; 05-14-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by GQ007
I feel your pain. It took a while for my films to start getting recognized with the "stunt life" crowed. But overall i do thing the voting process sucks. I started off promotiong it and sending bulletins on myspace but then i thought about it. 4 what. I want my films to win from the people not how many people i told to vote for me.

For those of you that dont know me i produce the series Burn On The West Coast and i filmed Almost Famous 1 & 2. I also did Motorcycle Mayhem and the brand new 1 Hot Bikes.

I also spent $$$$ after $$$$ on equipment etc but it is what it is. As long as i know my **** is hot and i have tons of followers, im coo with that. I just keep re-enventing my style and just be different.

I tell you what though, if Motorcycle Mayhem doesnt get any love next year all hell is gonna break loose . But for real that video was a BITCH to make. A story line,1 location, 20 hours of footage with 3 camera angles. Some parts of that thing had 25 tracks of video layered on top of each other. What do i have to do make a stunt DVD on Film next.

Congrats to all the nominee's and congrats to the winners
See you next year
Burn Films

chris thats what i mean....how much time and effort and now how..will it take to get real videos like ours to be the one in the major market...i mean its easy to press record and throw some clips to music...but to realy storyline videos and make sense of them and like them is a diffrent story..but o well we wil keep being ****** in the market and keep getting mad fun of by groupies and rookies...no PUN intended..
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

mike nicely... get off stuntlife and get on your phone
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
mike nicely... get off stuntlife and get on your phone
Well put.
I think that if that dude talks people will listen. Just talk to the right people Mike, don't quit man.

think about it dude, You don't know me, I'm a rookie in this sport. But I know who you are.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:06 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

i think you guys are missing the bigger picture but whatever...

where was the flores video in all of that??? beckman makes everyone of us look like kids playin with fisher price cameras...and not even a mention?????

whatever...priorities are all fucked up...
Old 05-15-2007, 12:08 AM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think this situation is understood by everyone. There are both good and bad aspects of the current system. So, how can we improve the system?

I know from the perspective of up and coming stunters, it is difficult to get your foot in the door sometimes because a big name guy can come in and win whether he rides well or not. Name recognition, and knowing the judges personally is a factor at times, which is a little unfair.

So I'm afraid of a "panel". Mike, you have said several times how well connected you are.... I find it hard to believe that a panel would be objective.

At least with the voting system you gotta hustle a little, besides in the process of getting votes you are advertising, and improving sales. It's a win win.

Also, I was under the impression that sales was a factor, does it not matter? I have no idea what the numbers are, but I am surprised that any of the videos sold 10,000 copies, I must be naive. If we sold that many copies I would be too busy partying to hold an award

Anyway, I think it is a good thing to have this discussion, I hope an improved system can come out of it. I just hope it doesn't become a good ol' boy industry where success is measured in who you know.

And just so everyone doesn't get too antagonistic toward impact, they are hands down the best thing to happen to our sport in my opinion.

Oh, and I watched the webcast....damn Kettle one, we were a little tipsy!!! LOL . oh, and Mike, isn't ironic that your co-presenter was a little "bummed" at you for winning an award he had been working towards for years longer than you.... and you said, well "it's good for the sport". What a crazy frigin world.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
The voting system needs to change, period. If I'm nominated I shouldnt have to sit there and post on every forum "hey vote for me".

+1
Old 05-15-2007, 03:58 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ZANE
isn't ironic that your co-presenter was a little "bummed" at you for winning an award he had been working towards for years longer than you.... and you said, well "it's good for the sport". What a crazy frigin world.
Crazy indeed
Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ZANE
Well I think this situation is understood by everyone. There are both good and bad aspects of the current system. So, how can we improve the system?

I know from the perspective of up and coming stunters, it is difficult to get your foot in the door sometimes because a big name guy can come in and win whether he rides well or not. Name recognition, and knowing the judges personally is a factor at times, which is a little unfair.

So I'm afraid of a "panel". Mike, you have said several times how well connected you are.... I find it hard to believe that a panel would be objective.

At least with the voting system you gotta hustle a little, besides in the process of getting votes you are advertising, and improving sales. It's a win win.

Also, I was under the impression that sales was a factor, does it not matter? I have no idea what the numbers are, but I am surprised that any of the videos sold 10,000 copies, I must be naive. If we sold that many copies I would be too busy partying to hold an award

Anyway, I think it is a good thing to have this discussion, I hope an improved system can come out of it. I just hope it doesn't become a good ol' boy industry where success is measured in who you know.

And just so everyone doesn't get too antagonistic toward impact, they are hands down the best thing to happen to our sport in my opinion.

Oh, and I watched the webcast....damn Kettle one, we were a little tipsy!!! LOL . oh, and Mike, isn't ironic that your co-presenter was a little "bummed" at you for winning an award he had been working towards for years longer than you.... and you said, well "it's good for the sport". What a crazy frigin world.
first off i know sales..and i know your video has sold less then 300 copies.....including your first batch of 200 to docy at who knows 7.00 dollars a copy....and yes brittons video alone has sold NATION wide more then you could imagine....and well Joe Molinas Video Surviving the Struggle...we made 2500 and he has had to make 2 batchs of those....so yes you are naive to that subject...i dont excpect you to understand...

FOR THE LAST TIME...IM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO DO SOMETHING OR SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS...I JUST WANT A PANEL TO WATCH THE VIDEOS..

AND YES BECKMAN IS A STR8 OG IN THIS SPORT..I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH FROM THAT GUYS STORYLINE EDITING TO FILMING...ALONG WITH FISH, DON 22OFILMS, APEX, AND MANY MANY MORE..BUT IM TIRED OF SEEING NOTHING FROM IT...

AND IS IT MY FAULT THAT I DID ONE GREAT STUNT IN A MOVIE TO GET THE AWARD THAT IM UP FOR THAT I WILL LOSE ANYWAYS...BECOUSE THATS MY LUCK...

IM DONE WITH THIS POST SO TIRED OF SAYING THE SAME THING IN A DIFFRENT FORMAT..

THOMAS I WILL CALL YOU TODAY HOMIE..SORRY..BUSY LOGGING XDL AND OTHER FOOTAGE... ALL I DO IS WORK AND ITS FOR YOU GUYS...I DONT GET PAID MUCH I GET PLEASURE OUT OF WHAT I DO...BUT PLEASURE IS TURNING INTO PAIN...

MOLINA, DARIUS, BRITTON,APEX, DON,FISH, ALL OF THOSE PEEPS I HAVE MADE VIDEOS FOR OR WORKED WITH AND I HAVE GOTTEN SOMETHING FROM ALL OF THEM....KNOWLEDGE, AND A GREAT FRIENDSHIP.....SO I GUESS YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT...ITS NOT ABOUT THE AWARD ITS ABOUT WHAT WE DO IT FOR.

MIKENICELYFILMS ITS WHAT I DO BABY.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:15 PM

alevelcs is a decent person

ok um seriously......... if any of you were that good you wont be making ******* stunt videos........... get a job and do the video thing cuz u love it and its fun........ when it stops being fun stop doing it......... done nuff said....... and if impact is such a shitbag company for the sport then why does everyone care so much about their stupid award ceremony..... jesus christ u people act like u got passed over for an oscar

post#2 .org ...........