I Had 2 Say Something

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 AM

JUST_PRODUCING is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I Had 2 Say Something

ok your right your right......its not that the whole stuntworks project was bad.....but for this day and age and compared to the level of film making that they were up against the film was a little out dated.....no ones saying the movie was shitty AT ALL....its just ud think that the 5 films nominated in 2006..NOT 2003....would all be very innovative, new and creative and those are not necessarily terms i would use to describe the stuntworks dvd.....no ones takin anything away from those guys they hustled their ***** of to get votes and thats what counted.....but is there anyone here that actually believes that letting un educated voters (some of which have never even seen the film they r voting for) is a good fair system?

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
dude... you guys keep saying "no offense tyo the stuntWroks guys" then in the next sentences basically calling their DVD a joke & shitty....
i have the dvd, and it's a GOOD DVD... and i have a few DVDs that were produced by bigger names, and they arent that great either... we (the stunt riders/consumers) dont CARE ABOUT PRODUCERS, and fancy cameras, and editing.... we care ABOUT THE STUNT RIDING

ill be the first to say it.... Congratz StuntWorks! i liked your DVD
Old 05-13-2007, 10:10 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

i think you guys are getting way too upset over this...it had been common knowledge for years now that the extreemys were, lets say, less than stellar in their judging system...but it is not the end all be all of this whole gig.

it really looks like you guys are salty that you didn't win, and thats all. hell at least you got nominated, be stoked on that...it means that out of the 30 or 40 stunt dvds that come out every year docy is pushing yours since the nominees are dictated by sales right?

what would have happened if nicely had won? pollack would you have gotten on here sayin his video is good but, not extreemy quality? nicely, would you have done the same to pollack?

i also find it funny that when JD last won an extreemy there was absolutly nothing wrong with the judging system in your eyes then pollack...

and to blame docy for sinking the stunt dvd market? c'mon now...she might have a part to play in something like that but she is not the only one to blame either. there are alot of people out there that expect that if they hand over their video to her it will sell and they won't have to do a thing...which is not true..you have to market your own stuff, its the nature of the business...or hire a marketing/advertising firm to do it for you...

im not tryin to pick fights but you guys are lettin one award dictate your future in something that you started out doing because it was fun...you guys know all of this stuff...
Old 05-13-2007, 10:45 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

Originally Posted by southtown
i think you guys are getting way too upset over this...it had been common knowledge for years now that the extreemys were, lets say, less than stellar in their judging system...but it is not the end all be all of this whole gig.

it really looks like you guys are salty that you didn't win, and thats all. hell at least you got nominated, be stoked on that...it means that out of the 30 or 40 stunt dvds that come out every year docy is pushing yours since the nominees are dictated by sales right?

what would have happened if nicely had won? pollack would you have gotten on here sayin his video is good but, not extreemy quality? nicely, would you have done the same to pollack?

i also find it funny that when JD last won an extreemy there was absolutly nothing wrong with the judging system in your eyes then pollack...

and to blame docy for sinking the stunt dvd market? c'mon now...she might have a part to play in something like that but she is not the only one to blame either. there are alot of people out there that expect that if they hand over their video to her it will sell and they won't have to do a thing...which is not true..you have to market your own stuff, its the nature of the business...or hire a marketing/advertising firm to do it for you...

im not tryin to pick fights but you guys are lettin one award dictate your future in something that you started out doing because it was fun...you guys know all of this stuff...
well said! :YEAH becides... if the extreemey isnt anything anyways... WHO CARES? i mean... you guys are in it for sales anyways...........right? so who sold the most copies of their DVD?(@ KOTS the StuntWroks guys were HUSTLING their dvd's... going around asking ppl if they wanted to buy a DVD, and letting them go for $10..... thats hustling right there!) that right there(sales) should mean MORE TO YOU PRODUCERS, than anything else should
Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

it's sad that our dvd market is basically ran by impact video.

a company that doesn't give a damn about our sport, they just want to make the money off it, they don't care....that's why drew stone isn't making films anymore.....
Old 05-13-2007, 02:13 PM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

Originally Posted by southtown

ok first off....yes i have had a problem withe xtremmys since i produced my first dvd back in 2001....now 15 MAJOR titles later and over 6 nominations and NO ******* WINS...and again same thing, being up against in my2cents not that great of a video.....NO STUNTWORKS IS not a TODAY video...they are about a year or more away.....now THE FUN FACTORY in there video...yes is great...so stop making me feel bad for bashing the awards not the AWARD won by those guys....i have been waiting to say something for years and after this display and for sure win...1.7 MILLION Votes on redbull.com and over 400.000. on cyclespace...and thats not just clicking on the page that is actualy clicking on Surviving the struggle and buy the way pollack you got 150.000 votes..funny how florida goes to cyclespace...but anyways...theres more to this then streetbike videos and FMX videos.....so you need to see the point....and if pollack or britton woud have won.... yes i would have been at least quit for another year.....nowing that they have a great video....and none of us use bullshit effects...so watch your words...and please see what im saying....trust me i knew what i was staring when i started this thread...i felt bad but i was ready for all the bullshit...

ps...stuntriders dont pay the producers bills....all the kids, parents and other peeps that see the videos are the ones...

becouse just like comps...half the riders ride to impress there piers...instead of the judging and fans.

fans pay bills.

but i love all of you....and everyone knows what i put into this game....alot....heart, time, money, travel, freeeeee videos.....and great prices for videos..ive helped out alot and i ask for the same now.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:18 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ryan S
it's sad that our dvd market is basically ran by impact video.

a company that doesn't give a damn about our sport, they just want to make the money off it, they don't care....that's why drew stone isn't making films anymore.....
I hear you.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Nascency Project Ninja

nascency_heidi is a decent person

Firstly - Mike, Fishy AND Chris a la garbage Nasency projects ( ).....

you guys all have a VERY different style to your videos and I think each of you has something very valid to bring to the table. I would hate it if any of you got discouraged over this crappy little "ceremony".
Does anyone remember a couple years ago when Gixxie had HER "awards ceremony", and she somehow managed to win half of everything? This seems to carry just about as much validity in my eyes.
No one is going to quit, no one is going to hide under a rock.... what you SHOULD do is take the idea of the letter or Drew's Renegade Dist. and run with it. The only way it's going to change is if EVERYTHING changes. That's the problem with a monopoly.

Besides.... who knows how this voting thing really works? I mean, is it like our Presidential Election? Because in my district, on the last voting year, all voted for Guy A. Guess who our Representative went ahead and voted for? NOT Guy A.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:00 PM

maybe someone should start a distribution co....... where is that excessa chic when you need her lol
Old 05-13-2007, 04:29 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Drew already started one and the excessa chick is learning the ropes of marketing formula and strategy. Slowly, because it seemed so ****** easy until I started trying it.

It's fricken complicated. You'd think it's just about calling people or stopping by their shops (done mad calling and stopping by) and as a result I've learned you'd better know what to say when they answer the phone. And GOD help you if you stop by their shop and they start asking questions, because you're just cornered.

After that it gets pretty technical, but I don't just hang up anymore.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

your complaining cause you lost do to more people voting for the other guy.....wat are you al gore....
Old 05-13-2007, 04:45 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
your complaining cause you lost do to more people voting for the other guy.....wat are you al gore....
someone notify the supreme court!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:08 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

demand a re-count, then a re-re count, **** it just starrt all over....
Old 05-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeNicelyFilms
ok first off....yes i have had a problem withe xtremmys since i produced my first dvd back in 2001....now 15 MAJOR titles later and over 6 nominations and NO ******* WINS...and again same thing, being up against in my2cents not that great of a video.....NO STUNTWORKS IS not a TODAY video...they are about a year or more away.....now THE FUN FACTORY in there video...yes is great...so stop making me feel bad for bashing the awards not the AWARD won by those guys....i have been waiting to say something for years and after this display and for sure win...1.7 MILLION Votes on redbull.com and over 400.000. on cyclespace...and thats not just clicking on the page that is actualy clicking on Surviving the struggle and buy the way pollack you got 150.000 votes..funny how florida goes to cyclespace...but anyways...theres more to this then streetbike videos and FMX videos.....so you need to see the point....and if pollack or britton woud have won.... yes i would have been at least quit for another year.....nowing that they have a great video....and none of us use bullshit effects...so watch your words...and please see what im saying....trust me i knew what i was staring when i started this thread...i felt bad but i was ready for all the bullshit...

ps...stuntriders dont pay the producers bills....all the kids, parents and other peeps that see the videos are the ones...

becouse just like comps...half the riders ride to impress there piers...instead of the judging and fans.

fans pay bills.

but i love all of you....and everyone knows what i put into this game....alot....heart, time, money, travel, freeeeee videos.....and great prices for videos..ive helped out alot and i ask for the same now.
bro, im not trying to bash you or make you feel bad...i stated earlier that i understand about being upset when things don't work out with this stuff...

i think we need to get together over some homeade carne asada and figure some of this stuff out...

Originally Posted by CN STARZ
Firstly - Mike, Fishy AND Chris a la garbage Nasency projects ( ).....

you guys all have a VERY different style to your videos and I think each of you has something very valid to bring to the table. I would hate it if any of you got discouraged over this crappy little "ceremony".
Does anyone remember a couple years ago when Gixxie had HER "awards ceremony", and she somehow managed to win half of everything? This seems to carry just about as much validity in my eyes.
No one is going to quit, no one is going to hide under a rock.... what you SHOULD do is take the idea of the letter or Drew's Renegade Dist. and run with it. The only way it's going to change is if EVERYTHING changes. That's the problem with a monopoly.

Besides.... who knows how this voting thing really works? I mean, is it like our Presidential Election? Because in my district, on the last voting year, all voted for Guy A. Guess who our Representative went ahead and voted for? NOT Guy A.
why i gotta be garbage???? geez...the voice of reason and a mean burn...
Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 AM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

demand a re-count, then a re-re count, **** it just starrt all over....
i dont think i beat them on votes...i mean they WON period...they got more votes and had better sales, and a better video....becouse those are all the things that make you a winner in the xtremmys....i have had an ex girlfriend work for the xtremmys..i have been friends with docy and many more at impact for a long time now....i was there when there was 4 videos for each catagory, now theres 5oo for each one....

i just think they should do it more pro....not on BULLSHIT...and this year alot videos where bullhit.....made in mexico 3 the other videos i shoot for and have done work with....i edited number to and shot most of it and it was better then an off road video other then dust to glory...and it lost to a not so great video..

JD3 and 4 are both bad videos.....3 isnt so bad...but 4 is so bad.....

this can go all day and night....so im ending it...ill call docy and see what she says to me and what we can come up with...other then that..drop this ****...stuntworks...big ups...great win....cant wait to see the next video.....they have big shoes to fiill now.....

ps keep your eyes pealed for the AARON COLTON ICELAND PROMO COMING THIS WEEK>>>>>gangster footage and riding>>>well at least i think so
Old 05-14-2007, 03:27 AM

TightShirts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeNicelyFilms
i edited number to and shot most of it and it was better then an off road video other then dust to glory...and it lost to a not so great video..
the greatest joy i get from making a video (besides the actual filming part where i'm hanging out with all of my friends) is seeing the reaction as/after someone sees one of my clips, and to have something like that happen is like a kick in nuts. It's things like this that are keeping me from making a DVD of my own, and I've been debating it for about 2 years nows. I think that i can compare this to is when the audience is judging a comp... they always go nuts for silly acrobatics, and they win... but we know who really deserved it.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

uhhh who the hell is STUNTWORKS
Old 05-14-2007, 03:48 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
dude... you guys keep saying "no offense tyo the stuntWroks guys" then in the next sentences basically calling their DVD a joke & shitty....
i have the dvd, and it's a GOOD DVD... and i have a few DVDs that were produced by bigger names, and they arent that great either... we (the stunt riders/consumers) dont CARE ABOUT PRODUCERS, and fancy cameras, and editing.... we care ABOUT THE STUNT RIDING

ill be the first to say it.... Congratz StuntWorks! i liked your DVD
Dude stfu....this is a discussion by the people involved, no one cares about your stupid opinion......you make a DVD? Nope.......you liked the stuntworks DVD.....great now STFU the big kids are talking

Last edited by skillz954; 05-14-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by skillz954
Dude stfu....this is a discussion by the people involved, no one cares about your stupid opinion......you make a DVD? Nope.......you liked the stuntworks DVD.....great now STFU the big kids are talking

bwaahahaha no but i seen all the dvd's whic would make my opinion count...

who are you the hall monitor? or stuntlife security? wtf? totally jack a thread, and tell me to STFU.... take your own advice dawg!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by skillz954
Good grief. Let the man speak, ya big bully.