I Had 2 Say Something

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: I Had 2 Say Something

sucks that it isn't just fair and by the best vid. I am good friends with nicely and the stunt worx crew. so i take no sides sucks that there re jard feelings about this whole gig. Mike your a great film, editor, and friend. dont let this discurage you in your work.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:04 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

nicely your style rocks!
keep it up!!!!!!!!

brap brapp brappp!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mike, I really feel srry for ya bro... I understand what your saying even though editing is just a small part of my total love for stunting.

I know alot of time and effort goes into this, and it's not fair when something like this happens... But it's the reality

We have a stunt comp here in Holland each year called wheelyday, they measure the amount of sound the crowd produces at the end of everyone's run... It sucks, cause even the worst rider can win... If he crash, and everyone is feeling srry for him, he wins...

I know it's nothing to compare, but I know what you mean... But plz, don't quit with editing bro. Don't let this get in your way, continue with what your doin and try to enjoy it as much as possible !

There will always be people who respect your work, and give you credits for it

respect for your work Mike !

Last edited by Insane J; 05-11-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:03 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darius
The voting system needs to change, period. If I'm nominated I shouldnt have to sit there and post on every forum "hey vote for me".
+1 it should be based on quality of product, not popularity.....
Old 05-11-2007, 11:06 AM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

ok well im not going to stop but im slowing down a little.....and this is not just about me so i dont want everyone to say "mike im sorry" but thank you...its about all videos from fmx to streetbike..i mean quevos videos have won like 7 years in a row..but wes miller **** is gangster straight baller style....

but a video should be JUDGED and looked at like everything in this world....tv shows, comps, movies, and more....

Im going to put together a letter that explains why it should change...ill need everyones support on signing the paper when its time.....again...i still want it to be known that the stuntworks guys WON and im so happy for them, becouse i know the young having fun, riding, hanging, and getting something great in the begging...like when i was riding and then got my shot at bikerboyz.......
so just know that im gonna get this changed...and darius ******* call me....wtf..3 weeks....you know what up son..holler at me..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok good luck with this whole procedure... Hope we can make a difference

Last edited by Insane J; 05-11-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeNicelyFilms
Im going to put together a letter that explains why it should change...ill need everyones support on signing the paper when its time......
tell me where to sign, sick of watching judgment day win... curtain transitions and bubble effects are way to 2001
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

ok well im not going to stop but im slowing down a little.....and this is not just about me so i dont want everyone to say "mike im sorry" but thank you...its about all videos from fmx to streetbike..i mean quevos videos have won like 7 years in a row..but wes miller **** is gangster straight baller style....

but a video should be JUDGED and looked at like everything in this world....tv shows, comps, movies, and more....

Im going to put together a letter that explains why it should change...ill need everyones support on signing the paper when its time.....again...i still want it to be known that the stuntworks guys WON and im so happy for them, becouse i know the young having fun, riding, hanging, and getting something great in the begging...like when i was riding and then got my shot at bikerboyz.......
so just know that im gonna get this changed...and darius ******* call me....wtf..3 weeks....you know what up son..holler at me..
you know you got my support buddy
Old 05-11-2007, 12:23 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

1. the heuvos vids are the goods...i dig watching them...

2. the letter is a good idea, i would support it. you are right on that the whole voting thing needs to change...

Originally Posted by FiSh
tell me where to sign, sick of watching judgment day win... curtain transitions and bubble effects are way to 2001
+!,000,000,000:YEAH
Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

MikeNicelyFilms;

I just want to know how you can be so upset over this when you know your self that it was a retarded way to judge producers??????

I mean come on the real thing you should worry about is your actual fan base and it's apparent that you are renowned through out the stunt community. If you base your whole producing existence and your self worth off an internet based voting/judging comp, I find that a little ridiculous.

I will hope you are thicker skinned than this and that this was a momentary lapse in self esteem.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM

006LODBKNY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
MikeNicelyFilms;

I just want to know how you can be so upset over this when you know your self that it was a retarded way to judge producers??????

I mean come on the real thing you should worry about is your actual fan base and it's apparent that you are renowned through out the stunt community. If you base your whole producing existence and your self worth off an internet based voting/judging comp, I find that a little ridiculous.

I will hope you are thicker skinned than this and that this was a momentary lapse in self esteem.
good post.

**** an award .. My awards are those people that see my **** and like it.. of course, thats my

Double O.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

you mean to tell me that a rookie group with a handycam and very little production value and NAME can win the biggest award in our industry for videos.

who spend tons of money and time on editing filming and production.......

but the video showed them having fun and just plan out riding. the editing was dry and no graphics......

we (the CONSUMER) dont care about how nice your camera is, or how much money you put into making a DVD, or even who produced it.

all we care about is seeing some GOOD RIDING, and ppl having fun! atleast thats what i wanna see! personally i hate it when someone hacks up the footage trying to get all creative with the editing..... i mean I WANT TO SEE RIDING, IM A STUNTER... could care less about special affects. also hate when a video looks rehearsed....

I bought the stuntworks DVD @ KOTS, and have to say... it's ALL RIDING, non stop... which is what i want to see, but @ the same time could have been better...... i personally wouldnt have voted it #1, but a good video none the less! :YEAH
Old 05-11-2007, 01:54 PM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I knew this was coming. First of all, Mike I understand exactly what you are saying, and no offense is taken. Like you said we are kind of caught in the middle of this. Trust me...NO one was more surprised than us, just to get nominated was an honor. Everyone could tell by our attitude both at Xtremeys and KOS, that we have nothing but respect for all the OG's in the biz. I will be the first to admit that our DVD was not at the highest level of production, it was just our older footage put together the best that we could for friends and family. However, I will say that while the stunts are not the latest and greatest, it is very entertaining (or at least that’s the feedback we get). It is our own footage, nobody sent us tapes, we did the maintenance, riding, marketing, production… everything it takes from the ground up and we did it ourselves with no financial backing.

With respect to the awards, as I understand it, the nominations are based on sales and the Impact committee which seems fair. However, I think the voting could be improved upon. I didn't like that you have to vote for all the categories because I wasn't familiar enough with the other sports to make an informed decision which caused a lot of random voting. Besides that I don't know how else you would do the voting, it seems like the viewer’s choice awards, which in theory is the best way to go.

We definitely felt like we would get spanked because we are at a huge disadvantage, I mean look who we were up against. It should be easier for some of you guys to get votes, but maybe the attitude was like D’s…. “I shouldn’t have to ask for votes”. I guess I’m just saying that we were at a disadvantage by this system, not an advantage. We are operating with no real sponsors, no name recognition, very few contacts, and just trying to make it in the sport we love. We are hungry and ambitious, and if I'm looking for the silver lining here, it is that an underdog can be successful.

I just hope we don’t lose credibility over this; we have bled for this sport and put our heart and souls into it. I was taking stitches out of my eye in the airport on the way to the awards. We have spent every dime we have, sacrificed relationships, jobs, scraped ourselves off the pavement and kept going. Trust me; we are not the type of guys who look for unearned accolades.

I also want to say that I am so thankful to our fans; we apparently have more support than I ever thought. We will definitely make our next dvd the best it can be so that this doesn’t happen again.

Thanks for making this a productive discussion and not just hating, we are trying to grow the sport just like everyone here, the last thing we want is to hurt the sport we love.

-Zane
Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I have mad respect for anyone that can get through the whole process and end up with something worth watching. All of it is a hugely involved process that costs a lot of money. Not as much as I spent from what I understand but whatever... My first try at a stunt related film taught me to sell my cameras and do something I don't suck at. Editing was the worst thing ever. I don't know how you do it. Which is why it was so hard.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 PM

Gixxxer_Wood is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets Ride!!!!:YEAH
Old 05-12-2007, 11:00 PM

MikeNicelyFilms is a decent person

i feel bad having the stuntworks guys a part of this bullshit..becouse i like them...but i need all the producers to get together and do something about this. voting is not where its at...its all about the editing, filming, music, riding, and overall performance in a video....so lets see what we can do...but im under a rock for a while.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:35 AM

what do you expect them to do? take the award back?
i'd say the stuntworks won for a reason... not like they drew names out of a hat! + like i said earlier.... all that fancy editing RUINS A DVD.... i mean almost EVERY SINGLE dvd i have... jsut as something is happening all these different effects RUIN THE SCENE... i mean i just want to see the stunt go down, not some major editing skills..... maybe you need to be producing movies, and not stunt DVDs
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 AM

JUST_PRODUCING is an unknown quantity at this point

Niceley sometimes i forget how much i love u like when i call u to get the results of the xtremeys like 20 times.....but anyways buddy u just took the words right outta my mouth...well put......no offense to the stuntworks guys but people like me and nicely live eat **** and breath film making and the award for best video of the year should go to the actual best film....and the people making that decision should be well respected and well educated on the film making in whatever industry they r judging....the fact that 40,000 gainsville college students made the final decisions pretty much puts me on the retirement ship with nicely.....im just glad i didnt drop a G to go out to cali for that BS.....i thought that recieving an xtremey was a huge honor and now i feel like its a total joke.....and AGAIN no offense to the stuntworks guys at all but the main reason no one in this industry can make a living producing films anymore besides colbert is because about 3 years ago the market got flooded with amateur films and DOCY over at impact just ate them all up at once and put them on the shelves everywhere.....and guess what 3 years later they r still all sitting on the same shelves....and now no one wants to buy the FEW new good films thats come out cause they have 10 shitty (probably xtremey winners) titles that they cant get rid of......if the largest distributor in the country is makin fucked up decisions like this what hope do we have?

well i just wanted to say something about the xtremmys.

first off STUNTWORKS dont take this the wrong way....becouse i like you guys and im not a hater. but here goes.

i understand that the xtremmys are done by voting. so they won hands down by more votes. The point of this is this.....you mean to tell me that a rookie group with a handycam and very little production value and NAME can win the biggest award in our industry for videos. i think that the videos should be judged just like an event. I mean anyone can vote 2 million times over if they wanted to...but realy for them 2 beat out 3 great filmers and producer, britton, pollack and myself...who spend tons of money and time on editing filming and production.....im just saying that is was a HUGE step backwards in our sport of dvds. again stuntworks please dont take this wrong..ill keep saying it becouse i dont want any bullshit to go back n forth....i just dont understand how a video like yours could beat a video like pollacks, brittons, or molinas video. i watched there video and it has some sur real gore in it...**** made me gringe....the riding...it was great for 2 years ago...i mean i dont think there was one circle in it...but the video showed them having fun and just plan out riding. the editing was dry and no graphics.....now fellas i hope that you are honest when you reply to this...becouse 3 of you told myself you had no idea how you could of beat us besides voting......i was only but hurt becouse of the time and prodcuction that was put into our videos compared to yours. i dont want war i just want it to be known that voting is bullshit....kinda...becouse if you have that many fans then yes you deserve to win..like you did.....but if it goes by the way real movies and awards go..theres no way possible that they should have won.

yes im very very upset at docy for this one becouse like i said up there...its a huge step backwards...i mean what if rock the 40 or siu was in the voting..you mean to tell me that there video is better...

im sorry fellas that you guys are the ones in the middle of this...but i do want it known...that they are great riders and good peeps..i hung out with them at KOS and xtremmys and they are nothing but great peeps. so please dont be mad for what im saying..just think about the way im saying it...

6 years and 12 videos nominated that i have edited, filmed, or produced and nothing....well i cant say that...Made in Mexico 3 won best off road video.
i just think that our sports should be judged better from events,comps, to videos.

stuntworks. i love you guys and hope that you understand where im coming from.

nicely im out...im about to retire from producing after that one. for real...ill film but i think that put me overboard on wanting to make another ******* dvd for anyone. what for...sales...money...to be known....none of it is worth it when **** like this happens.

i feel so bad i almost cant press the submit button...i dont want war..just truth.

Last edited by JUST_PRODUCING; 05-13-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:16 AM

JUST_PRODUCING is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
The voting system needs to change, period. If I'm nominated I shouldnt have to sit there and post on every forum "hey vote for me".

EXACTLY
Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 AM

dude... you guys keep saying "no offense tyo the stuntWroks guys" then in the next sentences basically calling their DVD a joke & shitty....
i have the dvd, and it's a GOOD DVD... and i have a few DVDs that were produced by bigger names, and they arent that great either... we (the stunt riders/consumers) dont CARE ABOUT PRODUCERS, and fancy cameras, and editing.... we care ABOUT THE STUNT RIDING

ill be the first to say it.... Congratz StuntWorks! i liked your DVD