Stand up or sit down

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:02 AM

wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stand up or sit down

I finally got my bike stunt ready and I am just starting to practice. Right now I am practicing clutching wheelie's. Now to an experienced stunter which would you say is best to learn first, stand ups or sitting wheelie's?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:03 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough
Re: Stand up or sit down

Originally Posted by wanabe
I finally got my bike stunt ready and I am just starting to practice. Right now I am practicing clutching wheelie's. Now to an experienced stunter which would you say is best to learn first, stand ups or sitting wheelie's?
stand up! staggered! or foot on seat or bar!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:51 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i learned how to twelve and scrape sitting down ,but i think standing is easier to do now that i know how to do both
Old 05-07-2007, 02:03 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Staggered Standups. It is way better to learn. One foot on the front peg covering the rear brake and one foot on the passenger peg. I learned staggered standups and sitdowns were cake. Some of my friends learned sitdowns and they have trouble with standups. There alittle harder to learn but you have more controll, and they look 9546465times cooler. Defenatly a better way to learn.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:04 AM

TillDeathx714 is a decent person

Staggered. Now go practice
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think sit downs look cooler

picture by nags

rider is tony prez

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tony's rain sit down.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	193953  
Old 05-07-2007, 02:21 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

back in the day I started doing sitdown whoolies first and then when I could roll those pretty far I started movin around the bike. decide what feels more comfortable and handle it.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:21 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

staggereds are way more comfortable to me, but thats probly cuz thats the way i learned and perfected my highway wheelies. it seems that when standing up you control the bike instead of the bike controlling you. you are more on the bike than in the bike and can see over the freakin windscreen.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM

Stunter13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think sit downs look cooler

picture by nags

rider is tony prez

damn that is sick pic !!!!

for me stand up's are easier...
Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 AM

boostnm3 is a decent person

I learned sitting down first, then went to standups. Stand ups felt funny after riding sitdowns for so long so it took me a while to get used to it. Now after doing standups, they are way easier. Actually standing on both rear pegs is the easiest i think since you are on the very back. Just do what feels comfortable. I know after doing standups and ss and all that jazz, sitdowns feel funny now since i rarely do them anymore.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

i started out with sitdowns but learned standups shortly after and standups are so much easier
Old 05-07-2007, 03:17 PM

wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post all. I think it's pretty much unanimous that stand up's are the way to go.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point

staggered stand ups are the way to go!! sitdowns do look better though imo. i still cant do them
Old 05-07-2007, 05:13 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

there's two ways to look at it... if you learn doing standups it may still take you a while to learn sitdowns.... but if you learn doing sitdowns, standups are cake.... thats how i learned anyway. everyone has good points... imho though standups will teach you good manuverability and balance but sitdowns will teach you better throttle control
Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithk76
staggered stand ups are the way to go!! sitdowns do look better though imo. i still cant do them
my point exactly
Old 05-07-2007, 06:05 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

High Chair circles are best to learn first............that way you could say you learned high chair circles first.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

sitdowns are easier to mess up when balancing them. small movements make the bike move a lot on sitdowns. you can control and stabilize the bike easier with standups.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

To steal someone elses analogy... think of balancing a pool stick, it's easier to balance with the heavy side up. Standups are easier to balance than sitdowns because you're center of gravity is higher.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 AM

Yami R6 is a decent person

im learning wheelies all together...and to me staggered standups just feel extremely weird for me...front end comes up faster...scares the **** outta me....then again im a newbie and i guess i'm gonna get flamed and called a ***** for saying that...but oh well..im learning and ill take the hits
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yami R6
im learning wheelies all together...and to me staggered standups just feel extremely weird for me...front end comes up faster...scares the **** outta me....then again im a newbie and i guess i'm gonna get flamed and called a ***** for saying that...but oh well..im learning and ill take the hits
Are you practicing on the 04 r6? Stock gearing?

Quick Reply: Stand up or sit down