Need suggestions on my next street stunt bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:21 PM

GixxerSix is an unknown quantity at this point
Need suggestions on my next street stunt bike

I am looking to get a new bike, for riding and stunting. I am by no means a stunter yet, I did the normal wheelie, endo, sketch, tank stand etc on my old gixxer, nothing major at all. Now I want to get into it more with a new bike. The bike is going to stay full fairing and see a lot of street time. I still want to be able to do highway wheelies and have some kind of top end, I don't need to be going 120-150mph though, just be comfortable cruising on the highway. I have heard lots of good things about the 636, but I need some suggestions. I heard the 03-04 have bad oil circulation and if you ride long wheelies, you'll blow the motor? So people told me to get an 05-06, now I hear the 03-04 are better years, more torque. What is true? Which year is the best for stunting?
I will be doing 2nd 3rd gear wheelies and endos at first, but then starting to slow it down, scrapes circles when I get comfortable. I really want a bike I can ride and stunt, but grow into stunting more. Also, I am going to put on a sprocket and cage, I don't mind loosing some top end, but I don't want an all out lot stunt bike. Any suggestions on that? When I get good, I will add the handbrake and 12 bar, I am not trying to be a poser and get that when I don't need it. Gotta take it slow. Please help a future stunter out guys, I am looking to buy a bike this month when I sell my WS6, thanks.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: Need suggestions on my next street stunt bike

Take the next hour and read some posts on this website. Every question you asked has been answered a gazillion times.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:46 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

f4i and a cage and round bar is all u need to start out, the f4i is a great bike to learn on they are rock solid bikes. get balance point idle wheelies down before u get a big sprocket. when your ready for a handbrake get the www.hoheydesign.com dual caliper bracket there the best and theres no reson to waste your money on a differnt handbrake setup. and pickup a www.stuntex.com oil baffle kit great for revlimit coasters and u can actually tell a difference in how the bike pulls during slow bp wheelies, bike pulls like a champ.

good luck have fun

Last edited by Scott-; 05-06-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM

mofat1, I did read some posts and I've gotten what I posted. Different results, many differences but I don't know what is true and what to believe or not. So I figured the best thing to do is put up a post about it and see.

ksfs, thanks for the reply and links. I was considering a F4i but I hear the 636 is just as good, if not better. I like the look of the 636 a lot better too, especially since I am keeping it full fairing. I will definitely look into that oil baffle kit, and get a cage. So I should go with the stock sprocket first, then upgrade when I get good? I had a hard time pulling wheelies on my old gixxer six with a stock sprocket, but my buddy had a one with a better sprocket and it was so much easier and smoother!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:42 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

636, f4i, 600rr, 929, 954 they are all good just pick your favorite one and get comfortable with stock first and going up in teeth will be easier.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:55 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GixxerSix
I had a hard time pulling wheelies on my old gixxer six with a stock sprocket!
huh?
why?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 AM

So just get comfortable with stock first and then mess with the sprocket. I don't know a whole lot about stunting or bikes, more into the car scene. Now I want to get into the bike/stunt scene, but have a lot of learning to do.

I could wheelie my stock gsxr600 but not as good as the sprocket one. I was a noob to wheelies and just slipped the clutch a little bit, never did any good wheelies. That is why I want the best stunt bike, starter bike, and I have heard good things about the 636, but mixed reviews on the years. I want to get it straightened out, guess I will look for an 03-04. I am worried about what I heard about bad oil circulation though.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I know alot of people stunting the 03-04 636 w/ no problems of oil circulation. I've always hears it was the Gixxers & older 900RRs.
The 636 is a good bike you should be happy with it.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Sounds good, thanks for the input. I want to play it safe though, I have been showed different oil circulation kits, so I may give them a try. It can't help, especially if it is designed for stunting. So it looks like I will be looking for an 03-04 636. Now if I could get this whole sprocket deal down and understand everything and pick one out for my needs, that'd help a lot!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:42 AM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

get a 600rr. theyre fast n have good torque too. plus theyre ****** sexy
Old 05-08-2007, 12:53 AM

That is what my best friend just got. Him and I used to ride gixxers but sold them last summer. Now he goes and gets a 03 600rr and I got the itch to get back on another one. So I want something different and I hear the 636 are monster stunters, so I'll give it a shot. Hopefully have one by the end of this month. My only question now is the sprocket, I still don't understand everything fully on how it works as far as the stunt ones go. I guess I should stay with stock until I can BP 1st then go with an up 5 down 1 for a better slow stunts but still streetable.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 AM

B.M.W is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to learn basics first
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 AM

I agree, I am still trying to find out which year 636 to get. If I need to get an upgraded oil circulation kit for them or anything else. I am not trying to rush stunting, want to take it slow and not get hurt. But it doesn't hurt to know what I'll need in the future and the mechanics of everything.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:41 AM

Storm is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with you, I want a 636 cos they look good, are different (where I'm from), and go hard. I just need to figure out what year, I have found a few '02 models at auctions but I was told 03 on.
They are a bit dearer here in Oz so gotta be picky!
I figure I'll get an 03-07 model and do wateva mods I need to get it goin, oil pick-up, wateva.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

When you trash your tail from looping, post back up and tell us again how buying a 12 bar before you "need" it was being a poser.

My 905 scrape bar has saved my ukcfin tail light for future street rides, and I'm no lot killer by any means...glad I put it on. Dude, if you have got the money, you might as well do it up right the first time so you can focus on learning. Besides, who cares what other people think. I don't.

Kudos for asking for help and suggestions and not sounding like a total tool, but that is like saying I'll buy a crash cage after my first crash....cuz I don't want people to think I'm a squid??

Trust me it's money now, or money later...sometimes more money later, if you don't spend a lil now. And the people who are making fun of your clean scrape bar would really give it to you when they see your tailsection get ruined....they'll be saying "dumbass shouldv'e had a bar!"
Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 PM

Alex- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
When you trash your tail from looping, post back up and tell us again how buying a 12 bar before you "need" it was being a poser.

My 905 scrape bar has saved my ukcfin tail light for future street rides, and I'm no lot killer by any means...glad I put it on. Dude, if you have got the money, you might as well do it up right the first time so you can focus on learning. Besides, who cares what other people think. I don't.

Kudos for asking for help and suggestions and not sounding like a total tool, but that is like saying I'll buy a crash cage after my first crash....cuz I don't want people to think I'm a squid??

Trust me it's money now, or money later...sometimes more money later, if you don't spend a lil now. And the people who are making fun of your clean scrape bar would really give it to you when they see your tailsection get ruined....they'll be saying "dumbass shouldv'e had a bar!"
tails and lights are cheaper than subframes.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

O K....what??.. are they cheaper than 12 bars?? Or are you telling me now scrape bars ruin subframes?

I guarantee that if I didn't have my scrape bar on, I wouldv'e been replacing parts that I didn't need to...and didn't have to. Money now, or more money later...

My point is: put the **** on your bike, spend the money now and you'll thank yourself later when you don't have to spend money on tails and lights, and a 12 bar too. Don't worry who says what about you!

And didn't he say a 636?
I don't even claim to know about undertail exhausts pounding unabated into the tarmac without any protection... this may actually be better than my bikes in that situation. And if it is not...it will definately be alot more expensive.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:02 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

03-04 no undertail exhaust I had an 03 and an 04 and rode mile long highway wheelies without running extra oil or any kind of pickup never trashed any motors put 20k on both. im just starting to slow stunt catch idle etc. I have a 12 bar I bought with my cage, that is not installed (cage is not bar) from what I understand if your doin slow stuff a slight tap of the tail is gonna give where a slight tap of the 12 bar is gonna put you on your *** if you catch an edge of that bar (IE its not straight when u come back and touch it)
Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 PM

dan4th83 is an unknown quantity at this point

why doesnt someone make a 12 bar with some kind of shock in it so it retracts when you hit it too hard.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:17 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ they make those actually. its called hittin ur tail section. i for one wouldnt want a 12 bar not being comfortable with scraping cuz if u come down crooked or if the road is crowned or sumthin ur most likely gonna eat **** harder than if u dont have one n just lettin ur tail flexi some. its a stunt bike, its gonna get some battle scars at some point

Quick Reply: Need suggestions on my next street stunt bike