riding on one in traffic...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:32 PM

nnrider is a decent person
riding on one in traffic...

so after about 3 days of back and forth with some knee draggers what does the people on stunt life think about it???
Old 05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough
Re: riding on one in traffic...

and .....
Old 05-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Name:  Yourthreadsucks.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  21.8 KB
Old 05-05-2007, 04:46 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

the streets is where its at. it started there and it will always be there. ( im sure someone else has said that )

Last edited by jayrizo; 05-05-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

my vote is light traffic. make sure you got enough room so that if anything happens you won't get run over and your shat won't take anybody out. do not use traffic as a training venue though. the people in cars around us are alive and dumb and are more likely to hit us then us have something go wrong n hit them
Old 05-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nnrider
so after about 3 days of back and forth with some knee draggers what does the people on stunt life think about it???
Well, this is my ****...

and I think if you aren't riding the streets, you aren't ****. :YEAH - That kneepuck has never been on a track. Just the streets of Dallas.

I like the underground outlaw part of riding. I think you should always risk it and stunt on the streets, HOWEVER, I do think there is a time and a place. Late at night on empty city streets and highways is good or weekends when traffic isn't thick.

Guys who stunt in thick traffic, IMO, are one of the reasons the public at large hates us.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:51 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

why does a pick of "your" knee puck have streetneeds.com in the corner?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:52 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E RacK
my vote is light traffic. make sure you got enough room so that if anything happens you won't get run over and your shat won't take anybody out. do not use traffic as a training venue though. the people in cars around us are alive and dumb and are more likely to hit us then us have something go wrong n hit them
+1 Very true

Originally Posted by Hobie
Well, this is my ****...

and I think if you aren't riding the streets, you aren't ****. :YEAH - That kneepuck has never been on a track. Just the streets of Dallas.

I like the underground outlaw part of riding. I think you should always risk it and stunt on the streets, HOWEVER, I do think there is a time and a place. Late at night on empty city streets and highways is good or weekends when traffic isn't thick.

Guys who stunt in thick traffic, IMO, are one of the reasons the public at large hates us.
+1again
If your not riding beyond your means i don't really think theres a problem with doing **** around cars. If your learning or don't have highway **** on lock don't try it. I do fast **** sometimes too, and sometimes around cars but never in thick traffic. You always have to think about the other guy. What if kinda situations?
Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Falcon9901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, this is my ****...

I feel you man. This is me tearing up the streetz in philly last saturday

Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
thanks buddy jesus...

sorry i ment to say the impact it has on the sport bike image... alot of the draggers are bitching about the image for all of us riders...
Old 05-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Well, this is my ****...

what im wondering is. why did my local street races have 500+ specatators at times and a stunt show doesn't have that many even most the riders in the area wont show up. why are there so many car related deaths from car racing on the freeway and some from street racing and nascar is one of the larger televised events. why is it the cops come to break up the races but they come to the stunt spot often times prepared to take bikes. why can you get a new 17" car tire for $60 but the cheapest 180 bike tire using less rubber is often double that?????
Old 05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

"alot of the draggers are bitchin about the sportbike image" lol! and why this matters, is? oh , what is the image and who defines it?
they sound like dorks ,,strait up son
Old 05-05-2007, 08:16 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

most kneedraggers are idiots, that think there is only 1 way to handle a bike. when you show them something they can't do.... well most of em, they throw up the sign of the cross.... and try to make you feel beneath them.

I personally think stunting in traffic is stupid..... the occasional killing of the onramp, and the merging lane... well I do that a lot. but in the flow of traffic I am usually on 2 wheels, unless I got blockers.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:34 PM

track days are cool. just dragging knees are pretty lame. they think they're so much better then everyone like lex said butwhen we ride freeway on 2 we worry bout getting hit, they roll hills n canyons n gotta worry about random animals and falling off the road.... now really, who seems smarter n braver, we who dodge traffic for transportation ... or them who dodge critters for kicks????
Old 05-05-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Falcon9901
I feel you man. This is me tearing up the streetz in philly last saturday

That doesn't look like the streets of philly or your cbr 1k. & Why would you have race slicks for the street? And why would you drive a race bike on the road? Sounds like BS.2cents
Old 05-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Here's the site you got that pick from. It's the superbike top 8.
http://www.jstokstad.com/Infineon/Su...tos/index.html

I right clicked on the pic and looked at the url address.
AMA Superbike Round 7 at Infineon: May 21, 2006
Last week was not this date^

Last edited by nyRocketkid; 05-05-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:56 PM

This is me on the streets of New York City out running cops!
Old 05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

wtf??
This thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by ;
Personally, I really don't give a tin **** if people want to do their stupid pet tricks on their bikes......as long as they're not doing that **** in full view of the voting public. Hell, I might even come out to watch if you're good enough to be entertaining.

I see a lot of people treating motorcycling as a "stuntstyle", and not a lifestyle, if so, you're missing the point. But, hey, whatever. I'll be riding long after you're dead or have become bored with the "fad". What I object to is all the major negative impact that **** causes. And don't even try and pretend it doesn't. For instance, consider the following:

Which do you think leaves a more negative impact on the voting public:
1A. Discreetly passing traffic that's averaging 75 while doing 90.
1B. Passing traffic at 90 in a stand-up wheelie splitting lanes.

2A. Rider wearing full gear while speeding.
2B. Rider in full squidly attire.

3A. A rider that has his bike in good condition, and rides to keep it that way.
3B. A rider that has crash and 12 o'clock bars, bashed-in tank, and full furr, and rides as if his bike was disposable.

The best place for your helmet is:
A. Your head.
B. Your turnsignal.

I could go on. The thing is, it's an attitude. Those more likely to stunt, are more likely to crash, and do other stupid ****. And stupid **** makes us all look bad. Look at their generally trashed bikes as proof. All the time I see on Gixxer.com people crying about cracked frames and bent wheels. Whining that it's because the bikes are POS's. ******* dipshits. I've never had any problems like that, because I respect my machinery, not abuse it.

I've been riding long enough to have seen all the negative impact this has had on ALL of us, from insurance rates to legislation, to general hatred by the caging public. You want to stunt? Go somewhere you can do it safely and not get people writing their elected officials to **** with ALL of us. I ride, obviously, and it doesn't bother me to see someone speed by me in my in my truck. Hell, I'll yield for them. Some ******* doing a stand-up? **** him, I won't give an inch. Think of how the guy who doesn't ride will react to this. Like it or not, we're a minority, and we have to deal with the regulations they'll dish out.

hey this some of things that are said... not sure how much all you get to deal with ***'s like this but im sick of it..
Old 05-05-2007, 11:20 PM

You haven't been here a month and your already getting sick of people? Welcome to stuntlife. It's like a love hate relationship with us here with very little love.

Quick Reply: riding on one in traffic...