fork alinement prob...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
fork alinement prob...

yooo when im riding down the road....the bars are slighty to right.....but at a stand still everything looks straight.....the bike rides straight........i just put on fi clipons new chain and sprocket...and before that the bars didnt do that....i havent crashed it yet....but it was dropped before we got it but it never did this till now....soooo any ideas....could if the back tire is off center alittle cause the front to have to compensate for the back need help asap
Old 04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fork alinement prob...

Originally Posted by havok
yooo when im riding down the road....the bars are slighty to right.....but at a stand still everything looks straight.....the bike rides straight........i just put on fi clipons new chain and sprocket...and before that the bars didnt do that....i havent crashed it yet....but it was dropped before we got it but it never did this till now....soooo any ideas....could if the back tire is off center alittle cause the front to have to compensate for the back need help asap

Yeah your back tire could be pulling the bike sideways but it would really have to be off to notice it while riding, the rear sproket would get chewed up also if it was off too much....are your clip ons put on properly, I have no reason to believe your forks are bound in the triple clams since it seemed to ride straight before.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:02 PM

yea the clipons are on rite.....i never messed with the triple trees at all...??????????... the back tire looks straight..
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Try measuring the distance from the rear axle to the end of the swingarm on each side, just to make sure there perfectly even. & if your clipons are on correct & the only thing you changed were the clipons & rear wheel, I don't know what the hell else it could be.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:31 PM

yea..i mean how could i have put the on wrong.....but when i ride the upper tree is turnd toward the right..know what i mean...so its making my left hand farther away from me....
Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 PM

Thats weird. & I'd be carfull about doing faster wheelies like that. You'll think your setting it down straight & tank slap.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:39 PM

its hard even try cause when im at a dead or close to stop..my right hand is in closer.....
Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 AM

anyone else??????\\\\
Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 AM

anyone else?????????/
Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Well Ive been thinking and I gotta say your rear tire must be cocked to the left a bit. Do you have hash marks in the swing arm for adjusting the chain? If so re-count bout sides or get out the ruler and re-check. On a car if the rear end is off center front/back it will make the steering wheel go to the short w/base side.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 AM

cool thats what im thinking..ill check it in the morn....thanks man
Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

I may have got it backwords (been drinking) but its still gonna be the rear wheel
Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 AM

Seal Clubber is an unknown quantity at this point

loosen the bolts to both tripples and the top nut get them straight again and tighten it all back up
Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM

its a pain in the *** to do this **** bymyself.....if i had one of those stands that goes under the bottom tripple it would be easy....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM

when I take my froks or front tire off I use rachet straps to lift it up. put one end over the rafters of your garge and the other around your top tripple. Just lift both sides up at the same time and just enoff to get the weight off the front end then when your done slowly un ratchet the bike down so it dont fall over.
(use on strape per side)

Still think its you back tire couse you said it was fine before you changed the spocket and changing the clip-ons you would not have lossend both tripples. I dont know what bike you were working on so at most you may have had to take off the top if they were under mounts. focus on the rear end first it's the easyist to fix
Old 04-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Hey if you want a couple really good cbr forums to try posting there try these.
www.cbrworld.net & www.cbrforum.com
Both these places are great with hondas, it can't hurt to try there.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

The bike was dropped you say ??

Does your tripple look slightly turned to the right as your riding down the road, or just the clip on ?

Maybee one of your fork tubes is bent
Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jizldasnizl
loosen the bolts to both tripples and the top nut get them straight again and tighten it all back up
Do this. Sounds like your forks are just tweaked.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:46 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is gonna sound crazy but I had a similiar problem on my 04 R6, however it took someone else to ride it to notice it because I had gotten so used to it... Here's where it's going to sound crazy...he told me to loosen the triples SLIGHTLY (top and bottom) and then run it straight into a solid wall (yes a wall) and then tighten everything back up...well when I did it I must have loosened it a little too much and the forks slide up through the triple a little, I dropped them down and tightened it up...FIXED! I only had my wife to help me so I pretty much did it by myself and it wasn't too bad.

I guess the whack against the wall head on lines everything back up...I literally just ran (bike was off) it into the wall. Sounds nuts...but it worked
Old 04-25-2007, 12:50 PM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

dude. its either your bottom or middle tripple tree is twisted a little, or, your clipons. just adjust one of your clip-ons in, or out, a little bit....done.....

Quick Reply: fork alinement prob...