The Age old question....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:58 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point
The Age old question....

I went to a stunt show last night as a spectator and during the show i would hear numerous comments from other riders such as "Why do these guys do this this crazy ****?" or "Their Crazy!" and so on. Which got me thinking why do we/you do the stuff that we do, endangering our lifes, taking risk, and keeping our families on edge? i have my own reasons, and no im not stopping any time soon no matter how much my family or friends try to convince me. So, finally...
Why do you stuntride, knowing the consequences you may face putting yourself at risk?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Age old question....

Fun - end thread
Old 04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

it hasnt been dangerous for a couple years now
Old 04-22-2007, 01:33 PM

gsx-rKid1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
so in the past few years stunting just became none dangerous??? man i wish i knew that b 4 the last time i went down or i wouldent have a seperated s.i joint hahaha r u serious
Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 PM

how has stunting became non dangerous? lots? lol
Old 04-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by va stunta
how has stunting became non dangerous? lots? lol
pleases explain this to me cuz i thought eating pavement was eating pavement i havent noticed stunting getting any less dangerous in the last 3 years since iv been in the game. like what has been done that stunting is now "less dangerous"
Old 04-22-2007, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by gsx-rKid1000
pleases explain this to me cuz i thought eating pavement was eating pavement i havent noticed stunting getting any less dangerous in the last 3 years since iv been in the game. like what has been done that stunting is now "less dangerous"
i dont think it has gotten any less dangerous....i was just waiting to see what he was gonna say..lol
Old 04-22-2007, 01:55 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Which got me thinking why do we/you do the stuff that we do, endangering our lifes, taking risk, and keeping our families on edge?
how does the posi-track on a Plymouth work? IT JUST DOES!

Originally Posted by MikeM
ever done highway stoppies?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:56 PM

ok good i though people were starting to get some really dumb *** ideas. good to know its just one person though.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

I started riding in 99. If you weren't riding wheelies on the highway, you weren't ****. The old school European and South American guys were (and had been) doing slow **** for some time, but it just wasn't big here.

Flamingos, spreaders (more like straddlers since tank denting wasn't being done yet, at least that I saw) knee in the seat, seat standers, grabbing the front fender, high chairs, jumping from second sets to the foot controls and vice-versa, highway stoppies, no footed stoppies, one handed stoppies, switch handed stoppies, ALL that **** was done at 70+mph down the highway. You didn't have the outrageous gearing available and a some of that needed a liter bike to get done at highway speed (high chairs, etc.) for most people.

Back then there weren't many stunt videos and they were VHS. LVX and Star Boyz were the only ones I remember.

The slow stuff didn't hit around my area until 01 or so. I remember this guy in Dallas with a yellow 900rr that would ride highchair stoppies and wheelies all night in first gear. First person I ever noticed riding BP in 1st gear.

I think the internet is the main reason stunting proliferated. It wasn't just this underground only thing. People could see pics/vids and exchange ideas with everyone around the country quite easily, the scenes and riding styles blended. It seemed like late 01/early02 when the slow speed rear brake stuff and 12 bars started appearing.

Ever since then it seems like stunting has been more in the lots and FAR less on the highways.

Stunting in lots is so much more safe than at 100mph on one wheel in highway traffic, I would find it hard to disagree with that.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

mike knows what he's talking about.....we should listen
Old 04-22-2007, 03:07 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

i think mikem is talking about hand brakes and i would have to agree with him...
Old 04-22-2007, 03:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by aw0n0
i think mikem is talking about hand brakes and i would have to agree with him...
you were warned about this kind of talk chad...............

i do have your statements about how your skurred to do certain tricks untill you get a hand brake

Last edited by old man roger; 04-22-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:15 PM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

why do i do it?

cause i dont care what other people say they usally **** me off anyways
i do it for the rush
and it pisses of drivers and police
Old 04-22-2007, 03:50 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

ill probly die on a bike
Old 04-22-2007, 03:55 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Because its ****** fun.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:03 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats how ya get the girlies!

And its fun *****!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Its all about the adrenaline rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the chics love it too!:YEAH
Old 04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to a stunt show last night as a spectator and during the show i would hear numerous comments from other riders such as "Why do these guys do this this crazy ****?" or "Their Crazy!" and so on. Which got me thinking why do we/you do the stuff that we do, endangering our lifes, taking risk, and keeping our families on edge? i have my own reasons, and no im not stopping any time soon no matter how much my family or friends try to convince me. So, finally...
Why do you stuntride, knowing the consequences you may face putting yourself at risk?

Sup man, Good meeting you (briefly) last night. Hope you enjoyed the show....I know what you mean about being a spectator and watching other people ride, that is the biggest tease ever.....we've all been there. I'll keep in touch and see about catching up on a practice day or something.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
Sup man, Good meeting you (briefly) last night. Hope you enjoyed the show....I know what you mean about being a spectator and watching other people ride, that is the biggest tease ever.....we've all been there. I'll keep in touch and see about catching up on a practice day or something.
i know man i was like damn i wish i had my bikes here! i felt like telling everyone around me that i did the same stuff lol
nice to meet you briefly also...
i was supposed to practice with RJ and them but i couldnt go
if you guys are practicing around here anytime soon let me know...

Quick Reply: The Age old question....