What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point
What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?

I was gonna get an F4i but I'm kinda leaning towards a 636 cause I like it more & it's better for rolling sik stoppies. I've heard people say that the 636 is more fragile than the F4i but I've never heard of people saying the kinda stuff that brakes on the 636's?
So I'm gonna learn to stunt (stoppies, idle, eventually circles... and if I got a 636 with a cage, what kinda stuff can I expect to break on a 3/4th fairing(sides but no upper) 636? I've tried searching but not really seein much.

Edit: I'm gonna get a Powers Cage & Powers subframe cage too.

Last edited by nyRocketkid; 04-20-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:16 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?

any bike will break stuff stunting eventually, i know ont he older zx6rs they had a problem w/ frames breaking near the neck under the gas tank. Not sure if the newer ones have that problem or not.

Otherwise just the common stuff id say, levers, pegs etc.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 AM

It's gonna have Dirt Bike bars too if that matters.
Also if theres parts that are commen to break & you know of better/stronger replacment parts a link or just decription would be cool too. Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 AM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I promise your list will be shorter if you ask what DOESN'T break on 636...
Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

rearsets and fairing stays/headlights are the common things that break on 636's...

since you are going to have DB's the fairingstay doesnt matter...

just get a nice set of billet rearsets and call it a day (obviously cage and other stunt parts are a given)
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

add frames and radiator mounts to the list

You should get an OMR subcage instead of a powers though... OMR's have folding pegs.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

fairing stays break pretty easy on the f4i's too mine has industrial zipties and flex epoxy holding it together lol the things i do to stay full fairing
Old 04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

everything
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
add frames and radiator mounts to the list

You should get an OMR subcage instead of a powers though... OMR's have folding pegs.
Frames break easy on th 03-04 636 too? & Are there any aftermarket radiator mounts, or mods I can do to support the radiator?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:41 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Nothing when I set one up
Old 04-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Nothing when I set one up
What can you do & how much to do it? I like your answer the best!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
Frames break easy on th 03-04 636 too? & Are there any aftermarket radiator mounts, or mods I can do to support the radiator?
yep, not much you can do bout the frame except weld the cracks, or replace it, ask T-dubby, he said he didn't even really wreck his hard or anything

raditor you can wait till the mounts break then use hvac zipties to support it, or you can weld the mounting brackets to the radiator before the rivets pull out. I would suggest the latter.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
yep, not much you can do bout the frame except weld the cracks, or replace it, ask T-dubby, he said he didn't even really wreck his hard or anything

raditor you can wait till the mounts break then use hvac zipties to support it, or you can weld the mounting brackets to the radiator before the rivets pull out. I would suggest the latter.
The only weakness with the Kawi frame is frontal impacts, I drop mine all kinds even on the highway and with a good cage your frame will be fine. That being said it doenst take much force at all to tuck the front if you run into something.....Very simple dont run into anything
Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

The only weakness with the Kawi frame is frontal impacts, I drop mine all kinds even on the highway and with a good cage your frame will be fine. That being said it doenst take much force at all to tuck the front if you run into something.....Very simple dont run into anything
ahmen brotha.the last 2 i had were slightly tucked cause the tank wouldn't line up with the tab on the subframe. both of those the frames eventually cracked, but it took a year and a half for that to happen.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
I was gonna get an F4i but I'm kinda leaning towards a 636 cause I like it more & it's better for rolling sik stoppies. I've heard people say that the 636 is more fragile than the F4i but I've never heard of people saying the kinda stuff that brakes on the 636's?
So I'm gonna learn to stunt (stoppies, idle, eventually circles... and if I got a 636 with a cage, what kinda stuff can I expect to break on a 3/4th fairing(sides but no upper) 636? I've tried searching but not really seein much.

Edit: I'm gonna get a Powers Cage & Powers subframe cage too.
if u dont stunt, how do u know that the 636 is better for rolling endos? i'm learning just fine on my f4i. reliability and sturdyness is priority for me, which is why i got the f4i. i have a powers cage and lemme tell ya, it can certainly take a beating.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
ahmen brotha.the last 2 i had were slightly tucked cause the tank wouldn't line up with the tab on the subframe. both of those the frames eventually cracked, but it took a year and a half for that to happen.
Ive seen people on here complain about the frame cracking on the right side, where the front upper motor mount is. Its their own fault! If you over tighten the engine mount adjuster on that mount you stress the frame and it will eventually crack. That mount adjuster is supposed to be snug not tight
Old 04-20-2007, 12:01 PM

yeah I've seen the tucked frames, but I've also seen frames that just cracked. There was a 636 in the classifieds that had a welded crack on the right frame spar and T-dubby said that's exactly where his cracked too, but he replaced his instead of getting it welded.
If you over tighten the engine mount adjuster on that mount you stress the frame and it will eventually crack. That mount adjuster is supposed to be snug not tight
hmm, that's good to know
Old 04-20-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Trachito
if u dont stunt, how do u know that the 636 is better for rolling endos? i'm learning just fine on my f4i. reliability and sturdyness is priority for me, which is why i got the f4i. i have a powers cage and lemme tell ya, it can certainly take a beating.
If talked to people in threads about this. They say the 636 is way better for rolling endos. And like I said I'm going back and fourh between the two bikes. It's just endos is the thing I really want to learn the most. Well that and circles.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

circles wont hurt as much as endos
Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Ive seen people on here complain about the frame cracking on the right side, where the front upper motor mount is. Its their own fault! If you over tighten the engine mount adjuster on that mount you stress the frame and it will eventually crack. That mount adjuster is supposed to be snug not tight
mine has always been between the motor mounts and the neck of the frame. Both sides

Quick Reply: What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?