What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person
Re: What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?

oh yea, and those parts that break on 636s? theyre more expensive and way harder to find.

dope ******* bike though, i wouldnt trade mine for anything. If I was learning all over again id get the F4i to beat it up, and when i got the hang of things get the 6dirty6
Old 04-23-2007, 03:33 AM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
add frames and radiator mounts to the list

You should get an OMR subcage instead of a powers though... OMR's have folding pegs.
OMR????
Old 04-23-2007, 03:38 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kaiks
OMR????
old Man Rodger he's a guy on here making custom subframe cages.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
people recommended woodcrafts because that's pretty much all there was.... and vortex... those esd's are the new hotness:YEAH I'd like to know how much different they are from the stock footpeg loction.. woodcrafts and vortex generally moved your foot up and further back, which is conducive to racing.
If you really want info, PM moorport on here. He's the guy that owns 50stunt.com & esd. He makes them & he's on here all the time.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by kaiks
OMR????
Old man roger
Old 04-23-2007, 10:10 AM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Everything!!!!!
WHEN STOPPIES GO BAD,DANGE
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 PM

ninjastunter636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
I was gonna get an F4i but I'm kinda leaning towards a 636 cause I like it more & it's better for rolling sik stoppies. I've heard people say that the 636 is more fragile than the F4i but I've never heard of people saying the kinda stuff that brakes on the 636's?
So I'm gonna learn to stunt (stoppies, idle, eventually circles... and if I got a 636 with a cage, what kinda stuff can I expect to break on a 3/4th fairing(sides but no upper) 636? I've tried searching but not really seein much.

Edit: I'm gonna get a Powers Cage & Powers subframe cage too.
i droped my 636 with no protection at all ! only spools on for rear stand.i thought it was gona be a mess,but them japs got it together on this beast,but like everything in life has its downfalls.TAHE REAR SPOOLS/SLIDERS OFF ! when spools hit the pavement thay dont break off or slide,thay tear off and when thay do it brings cast material from your swingarm with them and leaves you with a swingarm with a halfinch or better hole in it=new swingarm.get sliders that are connected with a rod thru axle to spools/sliders.do the same on front.levers for clutch and front brake are gona break in half=**** it cut them both in half.thay feal better to me like that anyway.STUNTWORKS make a awesome cage for it.and it even looks good.mirrors obviously.and rear fenders im still looking <you said something about subframe cage=??? >hope you made tha right choice for bikes=fuckf4 whatever.my buddys got one and its fragile,well he did hit a guardrail.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

every single tab on that bike will break off if you crash it enough no mater what cage you have, the tank is way close to the clip ons which is really annoying for me since I like spreaders. I don't like 03 636's at all. I'd probably stunt an 05 before an 03 just because it's more comfortable and less compact.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by verticaljay
Old man roger
Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
old Man Rodger he's a guy on here making custom subframe cages.

damn i shudda known that i was even talking to him about it to.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:31 PM

Hey that motard in your aviator is fing nasty.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:11 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

did some one mention subcages .....lol

Old 04-24-2007, 12:16 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

how is that cage gonna protect it? i still dont understand
Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the rear peg brackets on all new bikes are so thin they snap like twigs and the tabs they bolt to bend the first time you drop the bike

this cage has steel peg brackets and they are connected to each other by the loop and that makes it almost impossible to bend the tabs and it also makes the subframe stronger just from it being connected to both sides

i also turn the pegs on there axis so they only fold up if you fold them up not while your doing a wheelie

and on the 600rr i move the pegs out down and back ...600rr's are way to stubby in a stagered wheelie these fix that

ever had a down facing peg that makes you think your slipping off the peg ?...never again with this i do ralph louies in the rain and my foot is planted solid because these don't flex like stock peg brackets

p.s go realy look at your rear pegs and how the are mounted and every thing and you will be surprised what little bit of aluminium you are trusting your life to
Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

k that explained it well

thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 12:52 AM
also known as OMR

tell me if your rear peg brackets would survive this.....lol
my cage did't even think about bending the pegs folded up and the subframe cage put a dent in the asphalt .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhRba3hk5Wo
Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 AM

AS of now OMR is proving his cage worthy with this info Whats going on with powers?? haven't heard any info on there subcage
Old 04-24-2007, 02:00 AM
also known as OMR

theres are awsome i just wanted my pegs to fold up
Old 04-24-2007, 04:43 AM

jakesfords is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i have been told the forks on the 03 04 will brake at the bottom some times cause on some the factory did not tighten them all the way this you can fix though by tightning them up your self
Old 04-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

Exhibit A.

Quick Reply: What kinda stuff breaks on 636's?