Noobie Question on Clutch wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:05 PM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Noobie Question on Clutch wheelies

Originally Posted by Nellie636
lmao if u dont know how to wheely i wouldnt be clutchin it in first... read the guide thread and if that doesnt help start with basic roll ons in first then when ur comfortable with the wheel comin up try clutchin it up in second with rpms at about 6-8k depending on cc of bike. learnin to slip the clutch in 1st isnt the smartest way to learn, but if u are post pics of ur wreck
If you learn in 1st you can wheelie any gear.. if you learn in second or third you will still have to learn 1st.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Nellie636 is a decent person

i wouldnt know i started from clutchin second then went to first after learnin how to control the bike and the brake, just isnt as choppy. then again my bike is geared. either way will work just gotta put the miles on

Last edited by Nellie636; 04-20-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 PM

mastertonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nellie636
lmao if u dont know how to wheely i wouldnt be clutchin it in first... read the guide thread and if that doesnt help start with basic roll ons in first then when ur comfortable with the wheel comin up try clutchin it up in second with rpms at about 6-8k depending on cc of bike. learnin to slip the clutch in 1st isnt the smartest way to learn, but if u are post pics of ur wreck

lmao.. "learnin to slip the clutch in 1st isnt the smartest way to learn" this is exactly the opposite of what some stunt experts are telling me... I've been told to learn it in 1st.. and its been alright so far... hm... who should I listen to now? what do i know.. i'm still a newb... Anywayz, I guess I'll stick to what the experts told me.
I can do 1st gear power wheelie alright.. I just don't wanna get too caught up look at the tach before i wheelie.. and i wanna be able to wheelie at any gear any speed.. well probably not any faster than 100mph.. haha... I'll definitely try clutching the 2nd..
Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by chirpin4th
If you learn in 1st you can wheelie any gear.. if you learn in second or third you will still have to learn 1st.

couldn't agree more.. :YEAH
Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by -Eri
I learned in first on an r1 i bought that had +3 in the read... i took me forever to get bp and throttle control, but it was still hit or miss.

Then one day i was like "dude... what about second gear..."

and it was amazing.. lol. THEN i went to learn staggard and it felt wierd at first.
So you used the same technique you use in 1st to clutch in the 2nd??

Last edited by mastertonster; 04-20-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:41 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually learned all my stuff in first gear minus the clutching. That I learned in second...and yeah I guess you do gotta re-learn it cause second comes up so smooth.

Oh and to the starter of this post please don't rev it to 12k haha
Old 04-21-2007, 12:03 AM

NYstunter636 is a decent person

i haven't read the whole thread i just thought i would put in my ....start in first gear....bring it to almost a complete stop clutch it up a little put it down with the rear brake...don't go for distance that comes later...once you feel that you can put it down with the brake....start giving it more gas on the clutch up....you can turn your idle up to like 4 as long as you can put it down with the brake....lower your tire pressure to like 10psi....do a lot of shitty flat tire wheelies....once you get bored with that, add some more air into your tire lower your idle a little bit once...and your good to go....worked for me...
Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 AM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

if you do pow-pows your going to loop it for sure...its just a matter of time....if you clutch it, its so much more predictable.....