Whats up with this squid thing

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Whats up with this squid thing

Personal opinion on a squid

someone who thinks they are a better rider then they really are, or talk up their riding, or are just a new rider.

You go to a racing web site, and they say squids are people who don't wear full gear.

You come to a stunt site, and squids are people who can't do sick balance point wheelies
Old 04-18-2007, 04:20 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I got here a squid is someone who poses danger to himself, & others. Alot of people stereotype people, so some people think if someone gets busted by the cops, or hurts someone being dumb on a bike than the cops will be alot more strict with them.
You will also see people on here call you a squid, & then post pics or talk later about them doing ss & hc wheelies on the road later.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:39 PM

gsx-rKid1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man i didnt think this many people would have read this thread when i started it . lets think what some one doin dosent make them a squid. Not wearing a helmet or gear is stupid but dosent necessarly make u a squid or every pro would be one i havent seen 1 dvd that eatch rider was lacking gear.being new dosent make u a squid unless u talk **** and cant back it up . someone who has a stunt bike but dosent stunt hey he might just like the style but hes likely a squid. all and all i would say a squid is someone who does not have a love for bikes and acts like he does when hes at the spot,someone who does stupid **** like going centerline in a whelie to pass a car bringin us a bad name and some one who dresses up in full lethers but hase chicken strips 2 inches wide on both sides (well any one who hase riden the bike past break in and still hase huge chicken strip is a squid) well thats just my
Old 04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

<<<< squid

P.S We call each other squids just talking ****...
Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seatbelt
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! THATS ****** CLASSIC
+9999999999999999999
Just saved that pic!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:21 PM

Monstrosity is a decent person

Squid= most over used term on Stuntlife. I get the general meaning however too many people overuse it. Its like back in middle school with the your mama jokes.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Halfrican is a decent person

ok how bout a new one like "your such a E-RACK"
Old 04-19-2007, 09:20 PM

katana chris is an unknown quantity at this point

chris i love the squid 101 pic...... darryl is a squid....then again so is kc tell kc stop ******* drinkin and ****** ride
Old 04-19-2007, 09:34 PM

spoondogg is a decent person

i heard it's an acronym for; stupid,quick,underdressed,ignorant,and dangerous. but idk
Old 04-19-2007, 11:01 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it means most of the things mentioned in this thread....One thing I can tell youfor sure... I heard it for the first time back around 1990 while roadracing in South Fla. Jim "squid" (as at least 5 or more other racers I knew called him) was a new racer ...that was just one of those people who should not have been on a bike ....You all know the One....They dont improve even after time passes....they just dont know wtf is going on ....yet they are all decked out in the gear....and talk the talk.....but they are (as someone else said before) a danger to themselves and others. Jim squid lasted in the racing scene for about 6 months...after about 5 wrecks in 4 weekends of racing ...his honda hurricane was non rebuildable...he totalled it when he ran off the track (somewhere no one should have ever wrecked) and hit a 10 foot ebankment....and launched his **** (for real) 2o feet high and 40 ior 50 foot distance.....It was the talk of the track for awhile....

sorry this got so long....just wanted to let you know the term has been around for awhile
Old 04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
M@SS MAYHEM

Sick.Nate will become famous soon enoughSick.Nate will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Halfrican

YES! Lets replace your such a squid with your such A E-RACK..PERFECT!!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:24 PM

surlyMCSkidmark is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
I've allways hated the word squid since this dumb bitch I knew like 5 years got herself a gixxer six and started riding with a bunch of lames that were were getting killed on their bikes left and right, and this is a dumb blonde with a whiny voice and just hearing the word squid from her drove me insane AHHHHHH

I almost bought a 1000 back then and she was like oh that is such a squid move you need a 600 , and I was like "BITCH I've been riding bikes since I was 8 years old and I'll ride the chit out of anything" :YEAH

I mainly hear the word squid from very lame riders (that in the true deff of the word should be called squid too) trying to make fun of the new rider, everyone has a learning curve and everyone was at that point one time in their life.
maybe all the people callin people squids are just trying to make up for a small squid down under hahahaha
YA, THAT BITCH WAS ******* STUPID!!

Last edited by surlyMCSkidmark; 04-28-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: SPELLIN
Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM

xeriotti is an unknown quantity at this point

squid:

Stupid
Quick
underdressed
Imprudent
Driver?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:49 AM

-RYNO is an unknown quantity at this point

squid=
so
quick
until
it
dies
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM

-RYNO is an unknown quantity at this point

its an old navy acronym
Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Halfrican
watch it ya dirty halfer

Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
YES! Lets replace your such a squid with your such A E-RACK..PERFECT!!!!
can we at least give it a scientific name?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:37 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

Alot of these racer types would call all of us squids for riding race replicas on the street, and stunting them? whats that all about. squidly activity for sure.
No the first time I heard the term years ago was from like magazine writers who expect these bikes to be riddin exclusively on the track. In fact I thought it was funny the first time I got on here and found it used completely differently.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:35 PM

louievigil is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Whats up with this squid thing

squid is just some stunt life BS.......ive rode in 5 or 6 states with hundreds of riders and ive never heard it once on the streets.... its just some over the internet BS u can call peps without no fallout...think about it if they were calling peps this **** at the spots they would go home with a busted jaws..... dont worry about it
Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Reminds me of what we used to call kids back in the day of "Skate or die"....

They were basically the same thing. Except put a oversized Powell-perelta skateboard deck that has no scratches, and some slime ball wheels with those trick german bearings that have never seen the inside of an empty pool in their hands instead of an over-polished sportbike.

...we just called them posers instead.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:09 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

stuntlife BS read the entire post before you post. ol boy just was talkin about racers callin a guy on a hurricane a squid. a hurricane How long ago was this 10 15 years ago? I have read the term on numerous other forums and lots of nationally distributed magazines (not stunt mags). Its been around and ppl do call others squids at my local spots. but I dont I just say your wheelies are garbage and thats not an endo, endos are a controlled trick, you look like you just crapped your pants.

Quick Reply: Whats up with this squid thing