I can't Wait To Try it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
I can't Wait To Try it!!!

this feels wayyyy better then stock..i raised my forks up about an inch and a qaurter..put my tripple below my clipons...flipped my clipons..its like a dirtbike or something now haha
Here Are Some Pictures..Dont rag on the hoses and **** hanging out places they shouldnt be..im waiting on a motor:YEAH :YEAH

Last edited by YellowGixxer; 04-17-2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: photobucket
Old 04-17-2007, 01:59 PM

IHaveKrabs is a decent person
Re: I can't Wait To Try it!!!

dammit i keep procrastinatin to do this. about long did it take u?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM

gsx-rKid1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice i was thinking about buying the fi 0 degree clipons but yur set up would be free im still gunna buy the fi clipons incase i dont like that set up but good thinking let us know how it feels. try riding some one dirt bar bike 2 compare and let us know o yea did mounting the clip ons above the triple clamp lower the front at all

Last edited by gsx-rKid1000; 04-17-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by IHaveKrabs
dammit i keep procrastinatin to do this. about long did it take u?
like15 mins...that was double checking me tightening everything...if i were you i would strap the front of my bike off the ground loosen the bottom triple bolts..there are 4 12mm...put your foot under the tire..when they are all loose and you got your clipons and top triple loose...moveit up like at the most an inch and a half...i have mine an inch and a quarter..tighten ur bottom triple and change ur **** out...one thing ur front brake line..there is clamp on it..it bolts to ur frame.ull have to take that off..u dont need it anyhow!:YEAH
Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by gsx-rKid1000
nice i was thinking about buying the fi 0 degree clipons but yur set up would be free im still gunna buy the fi clipons incase i dont like that set up but good thinking let us know how it feels. try riding some one dirt bar bike 2 compare and let us know
dirtbike bars are more wider and you can get them way higher than this..but this is still keeping it a crotch rocket and not a half and half!! db bars are ugly..but nasty for stoppies!!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Relentless Dedication..

and it didnt lower the front much at all...not even enough to noticed it!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 PM

i have the same bike that an 04 05 gsx-r right ? do u know if the front fairing will go on and if not could i shave it with out taking to much off
Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by gsx-rKid1000
i have the same bike that an 04 05 gsx-r right ? do u know if the front fairing will go on and if not could i shave it with out taking to much off
yea you can..you can move the clipons back a little and shave a little off..your good to go!:YEAH
Old 04-17-2007, 02:17 PM

thanks man this is the set up iv been lookin for for munth now puttin my bike back together cuz i have to rock full fairings
Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

lowering the front of your bike that much is gonna make your cage hit the ground when ever you put down even a little bit hard

your stoppie game will suffer with the front lowered also it makes the balance point very sketchy like less forgiving

and if you load yor bike in a truck with a ramp you will probably hit while loading

i would put the forks just about a quarter inch below flush and use 7 degree clipons flipped......

like stock 636 ones
Old 04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

under the tripple
Old 04-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by old man roger
lowering the front of your bike that much is gonna make your cage hit the ground when ever you put down even a little bit hard

your stoppie game will suffer with the front lowered also it makes the balance point very sketchy like less forgiving

and if you load yor bike in a truck with a ramp you will probably hit while loading

i would put the forks just about a quarter inch below flush and use 7 degree clipons flipped......

like stock 636 ones
its not really that low..
Old 04-17-2007, 02:27 PM
also known as OMR

post up after you ride it like that ....and as far as stoppies go moving your forks a quarter of an inch makes ia big differance
Old 04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Relentless Dedication..

i just now measured it and its like..3/4s of an inch
Old 04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Relentless Dedication..

post up after you ride it like that ....and as far as stoppies go moving your forks a quarter of an inch makes ia big differance
whats better for stoppies?? the higher the front end the better?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM

i didnt think about the cage hittin the ground on wheelies FI make 0 degree clipons that ajust all the way to 11in out thats what imma go with instead on a freakenstien job cuz it really wont cost more buying the fi stuff the buying and converting other bikes parts
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
also known as OMR

the longer the front fork the bigger the sweet spot the shorter the smaller the sweet spot

so lowering the bike is like having shorter forks

ok i gotta get to work ill post at ya later
Old 04-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Relentless Dedication..

the longer the front fork the bigger the sweet spot the shorter the smaller the sweet spot

so lowering the bike is like having shorter forks

ok i gotta get to work ill post at ya later
ahhh...alright then thanks...ill see how i like it and stuff and ill post back!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

i want that sticker
Old 04-17-2007, 03:55 PM

david04367 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats how i setup my clipons on my 03 gsxr 600 when i had it it was so much better your gonna like it much more

Quick Reply: I can't Wait To Try it!!!