This is fucked up

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
This is fucked up

atfirst i thought it was my bearings on my steering...but now...its lie my brake pads are loose or something somehow..its ******* weird...everything i checked was tight...its like a popping noise when you hit the brakes...on the front..anyone have that problem?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold
Re: This is fucked up

same bullshit happens to me and i cant fugure it out either.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by SoupMafia
same bullshit happens to me and i cant fugure it out either.
Curse The Damn Gixxers!!!! haha maybe someone will have a solution..did you check all your **** and its tight??
Old 04-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

yeah i checked **** and keep rechecking it, but ever since i rebleed my brakes it been poppin but the pressue it still tight as hell. as far as damning gsxrs mine has been fair to me.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by SoupMafia
yeah i checked **** and keep rechecking it, but ever since i rebleed my brakes it been poppin but the pressue it still tight as hell. as far as damning gsxrs mine has been fair to me.
does it feel like your pads are moving like a little?? and its making the popping noise? thats what mine feels like
Old 04-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Soup Mafia

it doesnt seem to role freely when im pushing it in the garage or somthing, almost like there still halway locked up or somthing. but it pissing me off. someone help.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:50 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if the brakes are sticking after you bled them you may have over filled your resivour,fil it only to the full line it's there for a reason ...

and the popping was probably there before but because you just worked on your brakes you are paying closer attention to them know, it's probably either your pads hiting the caliper [normal] or you rotors crush rivets [also normal]

late model rotors are all floating rotors and as they get used the wil start to have alittle play in the crush rivets [normal]

the crush rivets are those round things that hold the friction part of the rotor to the mounting part of the rotor
Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by old man roger
if the brakes are sticking after you bled them you may have over filled your resivour,fil it only to the full line it's there for a reason ...

and the popping was probably there before but because you just worked on your brakes you are paying closer attention to them know, it's probably either your pads hiting the caliper [normal] or you rotors crush rivets [also normal]

late model rotors are all floating rotors and as they get used the wil start to have alittle play in the crush rivets [normal]

the crush rivets are those round things that hold the friction part of the rotor to the mounting part of the rotor
ahh so nothing to worry about? even tho it sounds bad?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

as long as you checked your head bearings were tight ,calipers were tight wheel was tight tripples were tight then yea nothing to worry about
Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by old man roger
as long as you checked your head bearings were tight ,calipers were tight wheel was tight tripples were tight then yea nothing to worry about
ok..so if im rolling a stoppie and they have no chance of locking up?? my buddy scott...his **** locked up on him after setting down a wheelie...for like no reason..this is why im kinda scared haha flipping stoppies sucks
Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Is it a pop or more of an actual clunk? You definitely need to make sure it isn't your bearings before you **** your frame over.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by inolen
Is it a pop or more of an actual clunk? You definitely need to make sure it isn't your bearings before you **** your frame over.
its like a pop..it doesnt sound like its coming front my bearings..its low by the forks
Old 04-17-2007, 02:16 PM

buckle up is a decent person

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
its like a pop..it doesnt sound like its coming front my bearings..its low by the forks
its probably ur rotors with some play but also check ur fork legs to see if they shift back and forth
Old 04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

what you have to understand about tightening your tripple tree is that it is very difficult to align your stem straight while the forks are installed... basicly you could still be tight but at an angle, if its at any angle other then perfectly straight through the tripple, you will allways have stem play untill u disect your whole front end or have some one push your bike forward while you stop the front wheel from traveling to pivot the tripple back and forth while tightening it.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 PM

Enem178 is a decent person

Ive got the same problem with my bike and its an older one, so im not sure if it even has those rivets old man was talking about??
Old 04-20-2007, 04:39 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

954 front makes like a click sound during hard braking or endo if the steering bearing is loose.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:32 PM

customsound is an unknown quantity at this point

HOW HARD IS IT TO TIGHTEN YOUR FRONT END I THINK MIND HAS SOME PLAY IN IT ?sorry for the caps lock lol
Old 04-21-2007, 03:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

If you take off the tensioner things on the brake pads it will cause this. I take them off of all my bikes and they all do the click.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

My first bike was an F3, had about 12K when I got it and I'm not really sure, but I think I put an additional 85-105K on it. (I swapped gauges a few times, sometimes the odometers quit working after they got over 40K etc. so I'm really not sure)

I couldn't figure out where the **** I was getting this vibration from. Steering head bearings were fine, brake pads were fine, I had recently replaced the rotors before the horrendous vibration set in. The tire was worn so I took off the wheel to put on another tire and my wheel bearings, or what was left of them, fell out all over the floor :YEAH Good times.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by nags
If you take off the tensioner things on the brake pads it will cause this. I take them off of all my bikes and they all do the click.
i hadnt taken them off...its prety much stock brake wise...and its been doin it for as long as i can remember..? haha

Quick Reply: This is fucked up