f4i front end conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:24 PM

GORBO is a decent person
f4i front end conversion question

i was thinking of puting a 929 front end on the f4i, but i really want to run some 0 degree clipons on top of the triple. with the f4i fork a little over a inch longer than the 929 forks, and then the triple on top, i would have to lower the front end 2-2 1/2 inches.
with that in mind, the f4i is soon to be my street and stunt bike (only up 8). with the 929 conversion and lowered a little over two inches will this mess up the way the bike handle for twisties, speed, and general streetriding?? Thanks for any input
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: f4i front end conversion question

tire might hit the radiator on stoppies and droppin wheelies.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:00 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
tire might hit the radiator on stoppies and droppin wheelies.

good stuff, keep em comin, the front end is in my buddies shop, hes says I can use it as long as he doesnt need it. so it wont cost me anything except some wrench time
Old 04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

yes anything you change on a bike will alter the handling of a bike, how much, and how bad, who knows!!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Originally Posted by RonHightower
i was thinking of puting a 929 front end on the f4i, but i really want to run some 0 degree clipons on top of the triple. with the f4i fork a little over a inch longer than the 929 forks, and then the triple on top, i would have to lower the front end 2-2 1/2 inches.
with that in mind, the f4i is soon to be my street and stunt bike (only up 8). with the 929 conversion and lowered a little over two inches will this mess up the way the bike handle for twisties, speed, and general streetriding?? Thanks for any input

I run a 929 front end with fi clip on on top of the triple. The tire doesn't hit the radiator. Tons a peeps run it like this, and i haven't heard of anyone hittin the radiator.

I suck at stoppies, so can't give ya any advice there.

I sometime run a fender. The fender just barely bottoms out and taps the upper. I have heard of people destroying uppers runnin it like this, so I choose to run no fender most of the time.

As far as handling goes.... its a stunt bike...with a cage. Im not about to go rail any twisties on it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:44 PM

level12concepts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
I run a 929 front end with fi clip on on top of the triple. The tire doesn't hit the radiator. Tons a peeps run it like this, and i haven't heard of anyone hittin the radiator.

I suck at stoppies, so can't give ya any advice there.

I sometime run a fender. The fender just barely bottoms out and taps the upper. I have heard of people destroying uppers runnin it like this, so I choose to run no fender most of the time.

As far as handling goes.... its a stunt bike...with a cage. Im not about to go rail any twisties on it.
That about somes up what I was going to say.