parking lot stunting & cops?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point
parking lot stunting & cops?

I was just wondering if cops can give tickets if they catch you parking lot stunting? I'm sure they can probably give you tresspassing tickets right? But I'm talking about wreckless driving or anything like that.

When I pick up my new bike I think I'm gonna start taking my bike to the lots & try to stop my street ****.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: parking lot stunting & cops?

Yes. They can give you a reckless ticket anywhere, even in your own driveway, but theyre far less likely to off the streets..
Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

If it's private property, the owners have to press charges.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:03 PM

WOW! You guys are Quick!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:03 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MikeM
Yes. They can give you a reckless ticket anywhere, even in your own driveway, but theyre far less likely to off the streets..
WOW, glad I don't live in NY.
I can actually stunt in the lot in front of my glass gallery and not get bothered, even in the middle of the day. Guess cops around here either don't care or just don't know......

Last edited by Righteous 1; 04-14-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:35 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
If it's private property, the owners have to press charges.
wrong, in ny state as well as most other states, if there is open access to a public road then all traffic regulations still apply to the parking lot/drive-way or any other improved surface. most cops wont ticket you but they have every right under the law to ticket you for whatever law or regulation u happen to be breaking.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:35 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW, glad I don't live in NY.
that's the way it is in most states. In most states, cops can give you dui and reckless tickets where ever you are; private property or not. You can get a dui for drinking and riding your 50 in your backyard. I know a disabled guy who was given a dui ticket for diving his electric chair on the sidwalks when he was wasted.
However, for trespassing, the owner of the property has to press charges.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:50 PM

I guess I just live in a little hippie town(less than 6k population) in Nor-Cal, the cops don't chear us on or anything, they'ld just rather us not be on the streets. Doesn't really matter, though, no one lets us stunt in thier lot anyways. I've only ever been warned, and I always heed the warning. As long as we're respectful, we only get warned. Not a ticket in 5 yrs from any lot or private property....................I guess I didn't really get the point of the thread, cause we all know cops can ticket you for anything, anywhere.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by f4rider
that's the way it is in most states. In most states, cops can give you dui and reckless tickets where ever you are; private property or not. You can get a dui for drinking and riding your 50 in your backyard. I know a disabled guy who was given a dui ticket for diving his electric chair on the sidwalks when he was wasted.
However, for trespassing, the owner of the property has to press charges.
Yeah, I've gotten a DUI on a bicycle. I more or less thought he was asking about experiences we've had in lots or private property.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:59 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

if your a dick when they get to the spot they will **** with you!!!! just be nice and respectfull and they are cool about it! we have cops come out to the spot just to watch us ride! but in alaska the owner or employee has to call the cops ... and the 1st time they just ask you to leave the 2nd time it on!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thehate.
if your a dick when they get to the spot they will **** with you!!!! just be nice and respectfull and they are cool about it! we have cops come out to the spot just to watch us ride! but in alaska the owner or employee has to call the cops ... and the 1st time they just ask you to leave the 2nd time it on!

yup, if you're a dick to them they'll **** you. it all depends on your attitude their attitude and how you treat the situation, but I have had buddies get wreckless and 30 day impound in the lot, it happens.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:19 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

cops can do whatever the hell they want
Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I guess if I get tickets parking lot stunting the Judge will probably be easier on me than if I got tickets on the road. I guess I'm gonna take my chances in the lots & try to find a good spot.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:36 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough

i got a good spot in upstate ny :YEAH
Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
even in your own driveway, ..
**** that id rip it up and throw it in his face.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by thehate.
if your a dick when they get to the spot they will **** with you!!!! just be nice and respectfull and they are cool about it!
+1
Old 04-14-2007, 10:40 PM

fifa is an unknown quantity at this point

shitty deal .. in canada when you're in a lot they cant do anything as far as tickets go ..the most they can do here is make you leave if you dont have permission .. but the same thing applies if you're a dick to them they will be ****** here too.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
wrong, in ny state as well as most other states, if there is open access to a public road then all traffic regulations still apply to the parking lot/drive-way or any other improved surface. most cops wont ticket you but they have every right under the law to ticket you for whatever law or regulation u happen to be breaking.
+1
so if the lot only has removable chains to block the entrance it's a risk. if it has gates that shut, ur better off. if u got a waiver n gates that shut, ur golden
Old 04-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

Yeah, I've gotten a DUI on a bicycle. I more or less thought he was asking about experiences we've had in lots or private property.
You live in willits? Do you know AJ Sylvia? I think he has an 03 GSX-R1000.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:13 AM

TurboNghtRdr is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the rule on unowned or available for purchase lots? cops finally came to my normal spot and asked us to leave but were real cool and told us about a building up for sale a few blocks away and said he wouldnt bother us there. he said just cover up and obvious trespassing signs and your golden. since then ive been to this new place twice and every time i go i see more and more trespassing signs up.... no cops but its obvious SOMEONE doesnt want us there. but whats the law in this situation if the building is up for sale?

Quick Reply: parking lot stunting & cops?