parking lot stunting & cops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:23 AM

selbystunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: parking lot stunting & cops?

if your on private property w/ permision... all they can do is tell you to leave... then if you dont they will do whatever the f*ck they want...
Old 05-28-2007, 09:43 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you seen stunt shine state? They tell you how to avoid no tresspassing charges.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

if it was an electric scooter or bicycle it was probably and OWI, not DUI. they do that here in indiana.

they can't touch you in a private lot here in indiana. the most they can do is call the owners and see if they want to file trespassing charges. The only hitch is, if there isn't a sign posted every 100 feet around the perimeter of the property, the cops can only legally give you a warning the first time they catch you.

now public lots, like schools.....we practice on those a lot. Here they can get you, but normally they just tell us to leave because "we can't be responsible for what happens to you".
Old 05-28-2007, 11:40 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

In Kansas I heard that they are trying to make tresspassing a serious offense. Punishable with jail time, and heavy fines. The KDWP gaming officials are answereing back to the numerous reports of poachers during the hunting seasons.

Kansas is known for big deer, and Turkey. As well as upland game birds. Alot of revenue is there to be made or lost for the state through it's many guide services, and out of state licenxing fees, ect.
I expect that this is meant to be geared more towards the land owners/hunting leasee's, and even guides and oufitters, that are directly affected by tresspasing poachers that can hurt success percentages, and sheer numbers of trophy game that will tolerate such interference.

But I could also see how the wording could be construed and used against those of us who may tresspass onto a parking lot to stunt. I would be bummed out if they took away my hunting rights for one year because of lot stunting!!

All I am getting at is, be careful in Ks, they are trying to put new laws in the books that could really cost you some money if you ran into a real richard head.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are riding at a place of business( a warehouse, store,church) and not a public place ( library, national park ie.) any privately owned land all you have to do is block the entry ways with cones, caution tape, barricades or chatever as long as it is not accesable from traffic you are fine.
there was another thread about this a while back
same thing as a racetrack, it is not public land and it is not accessable to road traffic
block all entryways to the road and you are legal no matter what

and a cop can issue a reckless driving ticket to you for anything that he/she feels is endangering YOUR health or any other person(s)
Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Raf
I make wheelies

Raf is a decent person

Here in AZ you are good as long as its private property and you have permission from the owner. The cops that i have talked to were pretty cool about it, they even told me about a couple of good spots where they wont bother us at all. If they try to give you **** just be cool with them and feed the ego.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:28 PM

urgonnadowhat is a decent person

Originally Posted by bikefreak600
if you are riding at a place of business( a warehouse, store,church) and not a public place ( library, national park ie.) any privately owned land all you have to do is block the entry ways with cones, caution tape, barricades or chatever as long as it is not accesable from traffic you are fine.
there was another thread about this a while back
same thing as a racetrack, it is not public land and it is not accessable to road traffic
block all entryways to the road and you are legal no matter what

and a cop can issue a reckless driving ticket to you for anything that he/she feels is endangering YOUR health or any other person(s)
so if you're riding at a place of business wouldnt you need permission to barricade their entryway from traffic so you can ride. cuz i'll bet the cops could get you for that.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

just find a good secluded warehouse that you wont get busted in and go there after the places closes is your safest bet
Old 05-28-2007, 07:29 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

In Tx they have to give you a tresspassin warning first and then the next time they catch yoiu there you can be tickited and jailed....I was friends with some tweekers that would go dig arrow heads for a few days at a time and they got caught with a hole 10ft by 15 ft they dug with shovels and all they did was warn said the couldnt do anything else till they caught them back again
Old 05-28-2007, 08:57 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

3 things they can enforce on private property in VA

-reckless
-hit and run
-dui

my buddy got a DUI on PRIVATE PROPERTY on an XRfucking100, dont **** with the cops they are not your friends, they are not looking out for you
Old 05-28-2007, 09:23 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PODIZZLE
In Tx they have to give you a tresspassin warning first and then the next time they catch yoiu there you can be tickited and jailed....I was friends with some tweekers that would go dig arrow heads for a few days at a time and they got caught with a hole 10ft by 15 ft they dug with shovels and all they did was warn said the couldnt do anything else till they caught them back again

do you realize that you say tweeker in your post and in your avatar it says tweeker too??

Got any cool arrowheads?? cough!tweekercough!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

white cops will bust your ***
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 AM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to buy a big paved open lot, not HUGE but big enough. I'd put a fence up all around it, then like black tarp blocking the view like some construction sites are, and then line the fence on the inside with those movable cement dividers.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 AM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate these stupid *** threads. everyone says something different and everyone thinks they're right. go to a cop station and ask a cop!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

FTP
Old 05-29-2007, 06:12 AM

killacali562 is a decent person

Originally Posted by hyperryder
**** that id rip it up and throw it in his face.
n thats y ud get fucked over by tha pigs
Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 AM

losincontrol954 is a decent person

Originally Posted by westley
i hate these stupid *** threads. everyone says something different and everyone thinks they're right. go to a cop station and ask a cop!
go to a local cop shop and pick up penal code book. read it and learn it so that way the next time you get pulled you know your rights and the law. aand if you can memorize violation codes and throw them around when talkin to a cop there gonna know you know your **** and they wont be able to get away with bullshit tickets.
the books are like 20 bucks good investment
Old 05-29-2007, 02:56 PM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by losincontrol954
go to a local cop shop and pick up penal code book. read it and learn it so that way the next time you get pulled you know your rights and the law. aand if you can memorize violation codes and throw them around when talkin to a cop there gonna know you know your **** and they wont be able to get away with bullshit tickets.
the books are like 20 bucks good investment

+1 !
Old 05-29-2007, 05:16 PM

zackstunt420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
I was just wondering if cops can give tickets if they catch you parking lot stunting? I'm sure they can probably give you tresspassing tickets right? But I'm talking about wreckless driving or anything like that.

When I pick up my new bike I think I'm gonna start taking my bike to the lots & try to stop my street ****.
If Your on a street bike...im guessing they can but if your on a dirt bike...dont let em catch ya. rip through the trails to your house and lay low(if you have trails) like where i practice...ther trails everywhere. so if the cops show... i just rip down the trails right to my backyard and lay low for a bit
Old 05-29-2007, 05:30 PM

TurboNghtRdr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuntfalife
If Your on a street bike...im guessing they can but if your on a dirt bike...dont let em catch ya. rip through the trails to your house and lay low(if you have trails) like where i practice...ther trails everywhere. so if the cops show... i just rip down the trails right to my backyard and lay low for a bit
that worked for me for a while til they figured out where i live now if they hear the dirtbike they just chill at my house till i get back

Quick Reply: parking lot stunting & cops?