f4i front end change

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:06 AM

jag954 is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i front end change

I've recently bent my forks a bit and was interested to know if the 954, 929, or 600rr would fit my f4i. Would any of these fit as long as i get the triple tree top and bottom?? Also, would my front axle fit these forks? any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i front end change

There are more people here with experience on this but...I think when you swap the front end like that you have to use everything from the donor...triples, brakes, axle, wheel, etc...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i had a 1000rr front on my f4i, pretty much any honda front will fit. i dont think an f4i axel will fit anything besides an f4i or maybe the 03/04 600rr. from what darius said the 929 tripples work the best. with the 1000rr front i had to grind off the steering stop tabs and couldnt run the ram air ducts with the clip ons in stock position because of clearence. i think the 929/954 fits better?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

should really search there are many threads on this. but i am wanting to switch myself. 1000rr and 600rr are shorter than f4i/929/954. i think you would need a complete front end on those. as far as 929/954 i think you only need either top or bottem clamp. ofcourse you need all wheels brakes and stuff like that. but i looking into it now so let me know what oyu guys find as well
Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
DSC

sdfkills did you like the 1000rr. i have heard +/- on all the front ends im kinda lost on which one to get
Old 04-13-2007, 12:31 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dscamry
sdfkills did you like the 1000rr. i have heard +/- on all the front ends im kinda lost on which one to get
yah i loved it, prob the best thing ive ever rolled stoppies on. just didnt like the fact that i had to remove the ram air covers cuz i like to keep my bike lookin as nice as a stunt bike can look. and i think when u swap fronts u need both tripples cuz the f4i fork diameter is real small compared to inverted forks. best bet is find a whole front end and swap em.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:35 PM
DSC

yeah i know and i have a minty 05 1krr as my sunday rider im so tempted
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

06 honda 600 rr parts
Old 04-14-2007, 06:04 AM

cbrguy7 is a decent person

Im selling my 600rr front end..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1041&rd=1&rd=1
Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a complete 954 front end on my bike and it's awesome.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

06 honda 600 rr parts these are inverted
Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SAMBO
I have a complete 954 front end on my bike and it's awesome.
With what clipons? Main reason I never did the swap was because with the stock clipons, the 954 front end brings the clipons way forward and down
Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by nags
With what clipons? Main reason I never did the swap was because with the stock clipons, the 954 front end brings the clipons way forward and down

Factory 954 clip-on's.

But i'm running it street fighter right now. It was orginally a FF and they would hit real bad. The upper and upper fairing brace was trashed and didn't want to deal with it at the time.

I want to get some after market clip on's. I had FI 0 degree on the 929 but didn't like the way it felt. I need something with a factory clip on slant. Any suggestions?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:52 PM
also known as OMR

i have some 636 7 degree 50 mm factory ones $75
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM

kona dawg can only hope to improve

I have the 954 front end on mine and it is not very comfortable-bent over way to much-I thought about going to some dirt bike bars-they don't turn worth the **** either
Old 04-14-2007, 04:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SAMBO
Factory 954 clip-on's.

But i'm running it street fighter right now. It was orginally a FF and they would hit real bad. The upper and upper fairing brace was trashed and didn't want to deal with it at the time.

I want to get some after market clip on's. I had FI 0 degree on the 929 but didn't like the way it felt. I need something with a factory clip on slant. Any suggestions?
I think the best options would be Helibars or those LSL clipons. They're the only ones that have that piece that brings them up and have less of a slant than stock.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:39 PM
also known as OMR

them are purdy
Old 04-14-2007, 05:13 PM

Those 636 ones sounds like a good deal, but i don't trust the integrity of Kawasaki parts.

The LSL look cool.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
also known as OMR

636 clip ons are strong as hell it's what every one is using for the front end swaps on the f4i

i have been crashing my bike for two years now and haven't even bent one

r6 clipons on the other hand i have seen them brake just from putting the bike down hard
Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
also known as OMR

and some people are using them on 929 954 but flipped over