Crazy double master

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Crazy double master

ok, am i the only one seeing this as stupid? how are you going to hold the clutch and work the handbrake when it's your last 2 fingers?

i don't work my hb with my ring finger or pinky finger, and you sure as hell can't have all those fingers off the bar at the same time!

if it was like a single finger inside then one on the outside that was a separate master then i could see it, but as it sits now i would have a hell of a time working index and middle finger together.

maybe use it on the right so you have hb on the right and normal front brake....and they wouldn't interfere.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by binder929rr
ok, am i the only one seeing this as stupid? how are you going to hold the clutch and work the handbrake when it's your last 2 fingers?

i don't work my hb with my ring finger or pinky finger, and you sure as hell can't have all those fingers off the bar at the same time!

if it was like a single finger inside then one on the outside that was a separate master then i could see it, but as it sits now i would have a hell of a time working index and middle finger together.

maybe use it on the right so you have hb on the right and normal front brake....and they wouldn't interfere.
very good point, but all you would need is shorter levers, so that you could activate both with your index and middle fingers.

-mexican mayhem
Old 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by stock05
very good point, but all you would need is shorter levers, so that you could activate both with your index and middle fingers.

-mexican mayhem
you would have to shorten the inside one (easy) but then you would have to re-bend the outside one to get it closer to the inside one. ****, these people need a stunt rider to teach them how to design this ****. who designs a lever that you use your 4th and 5th finger to pull in?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 AM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

^^^^^^^^^ Good point.Someone give this idea to fullthrottle and let him run with it.:YEAH
Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

you would have to shorten the inside one (easy) but then you would have to re-bend the outside one to get it closer to the inside one. ****, these people need a stunt rider to teach them how to design this ****. who designs a lever that you use your 4th and 5th finger to pull in?
had they designed it for stunting they probably would have done this, but im willing to bet thats not the case . companies with the money, designers, engineers, etc. to bring something like this from concept to production arent going to focus on such a small genre of riders because they would be losing money, due to the fact that most of us (myself included) can't afford something like this.

im sure i could make one of these, but i would have to machine it from a solid piece of metal which would make it much more expensive then casting, because i would have to make them one at a time.

-mexican mayhem
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
had they designed it for stunting they probably would have done this, but im willing to bet thats not the case . companies with the money, designers, engineers, etc. to bring something like this from concept to production arent going to focus on such a small genre of riders because they would be losing money, due to the fact that most of us (myself included) can't afford something like this.

im sure i could make one of these, but i would have to machine it from a solid piece of metal which would make it much more expensive then casting, because i would have to make them one at a time.

-mexican mayhem
Exactly this is designed for racing, 1000's with hydraulic clutches can run a HB instead of a thub brake with this setup...In a racing situstion they woudnt need to use both at the same time like stunters would....

I didnt post this as the next best thing for stunting, I was simply on the Harris site ordering parts and came accross this. I found it interesting so I posted it

What I still would like to see made is something similar, a HB master with a cable clutch perch built into the master body....Or simply a billet clutch perch that will accept a MSR pro EZ-lever that is very small and compact allowing you to get the HB and clutch as close togther as possible with the strenght of billet not the melted down recycled pop cans that MSR uses to cast their perches....

BILLET PERCH! SOMEONE DO IT!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah someone needs to run with this idea and make it stunt worthy.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

different, but levers look expensive .....and retarded.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
back in the saddle again

i bet if you used the master, and just re-designed the levers it would work perfectly. shorter inner lever and then move the outer lever so it would be closer and on the middle finger....perfect setup.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

i bet if you used the master, and just re-designed the levers it would work perfectly. shorter inner lever and then move the outer lever so it would be closer and on the middle finger....perfect setup.
and maybe make the top lever able to accept a cable clutch???
I can't imagine paying the remainder of the money to get a magura hydraulic clutch kit.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:17 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP

BILLET PERCH! SOMEONE DO IT!

Find someone near you with a CNC, and see if they can hook you up. If you provide the matierial, im sure they cant charge you that much. And itd be CNCed out of a SOLID huck a metal, so itd be strong, stiff, and rigid as hell.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
and maybe make the top lever able to accept a cable clutch???
I can't imagine paying the remainder of the money to get a magura hydraulic clutch kit.
retro fit a 1000rr clutch on it
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Hazen is a decent person

That thing is gnarly looking....