Freakin' posers....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point
Freakin' posers....

All right guys, here's what happened: I was at a recent bike event, and a rider was there with 2 bikes, a show bike, and a stunt bike (they had a second rider bring the 2nd bike). The rider went around proclaiming they were a stunter, and talking $hit until they got asked to do a trick. Then it was "Oh, I can't, I don't have a 12 bar, my gears aren't right, I need a cage first, etc."

It just made me really mad to know that this person can walk around saying all this smack, when you guys are the ones getting the broken bones, the roadrash, the TICKETS, and the broken bikes. You guys (and ladies) are the ones out there busting your butts to perfect the stunts, and this person is trying to take glory for an ebay purchase and no skill.

It just aggravates me.

So....I wanted to take a minute to tell all you guys on here how much respect I have for what y'all do. I can't do it...I in no way claim that I can. But the reason I'm on here is because I want to LEARN more about what you guys do. I want to be part of the scene, even if it's only watching from the sidelines and writing about it. Because it's really, really awesome.

So yeah...I know it's kinda random, but I figured I'd take a minute and tell you guys how awesome I think what you all do is.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
Re: Freakin' posers....

i wish i could just be a poser instead of a stunter, then id have a minty bike and get all the girls
Old 04-10-2007, 02:12 PM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speedfreak Chic
All right guys, here's what happened: I was at a recent bike event, and a rider was there with 2 bikes, a show bike, and a stunt bike (they had a second rider bring the 2nd bike). The rider went around proclaiming they were a stunter, and talking $hit until they got asked to do a trick. Then it was "Oh, I can't, I don't have a 12 bar, my gears aren't right, I need a cage first, etc."

It just made me really mad to know that this person can walk around saying all this smack, when you guys are the ones getting the broken bones, the roadrash, the TICKETS, and the broken bikes. You guys (and ladies) are the ones out there busting your butts to perfect the stunts, and this person is trying to take glory for an ebay purchase and no skill.

It just aggravates me.

So....I wanted to take a minute to tell all you guys on here how much respect I have for what y'all do. I can't do it...I in no way claim that I can. But the reason I'm on here is because I want to LEARN more about what you guys do. I want to be part of the scene, even if it's only watching from the sidelines and writing about it. Because it's really, really awesome.

So yeah...I know it's kinda random, but I figured I'd take a minute and tell you guys how awesome I think what you all do is.

I wish I could be in the scene too. With RRC w00t :YEAH
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Sounds exality like the guy i saw in San D
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM

cept, he had a flattened tank, 12 bar, sub cage, and a stock rear sproket. said he couldnt perform till his new sprokets came in. then admitted he cant do a wheelie.... wtf?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:22 PM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT,IF THERE WAS MORE PEOPLE WIT YOUR VIEW THE SPORT WOULD PROGRESS FORWARD MUCH FASTER
Old 04-10-2007, 02:37 PM

We're trying to build a bigger view on the stunt world at Speedfreak with more articles, rider profiles, and event coverage....so anything we can do, just give me a shout.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

It just aggravates me.

I wish I could be in the scene too. With RRC w00t :YEAH
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Posers just get laughed at. When it's time to put up or shut up they shut up quick and crawl back into their corner.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

well thanks for all the positive's. learn some stuff so next time you can make him feel stupid on his own bike!!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

was he on a white half fairing 636 with lots of miles.....

Old 04-10-2007, 03:03 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

^^^I was thinking the same thing!!!^^^
Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM

lol....I would like to not give any details out for respect of the person. I just hope that they see this, WAKE THE HELL UP, and learn to not be a poser.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:21 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^there seems to be alot of that here lately...
Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM

CapitlCityStunt is an unknown quantity at this point

ive seen a couple extra clean stunt bikes with unscraped cages and bars around here in the last few months. i look at it as a good thing though. If they try to actually stunt those bikes and succeed then hopefully we will get more people stunting around here. if they **** their britches first time they try that ****, we will have some clean stunt bikes on the market for cheap
Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM

JOHNNYVR is a decent person

BUMP
Old 04-10-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by JOHNNYVR
BUMP

WTF? why bump it if its less than 10 minutes on the last post?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

i run into them ALL THE TIME... i just nod my head and say "daaaaaaamn thats tight"..... LOL
Old 04-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

It just aggravates me.

sweet set up another show this year during bike week....that was a fun time
Old 04-10-2007, 04:18 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by JoeR1
^^^there seems to be alot of that here lately...
your not kidding! cough*cough* CT STUNT

Quick Reply: Freakin' posers....