Karate roll when crashing stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person
Re: Karate roll when crashing stoppies

ACK! ugh a femur has to be some of the worst... Damn dear, hope you heal up ok! *hugs*
Old 04-06-2007, 03:09 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by cpohoski
Well when you fall u have time to put your hands in front to break your fall right? Trust me there is time. When your near the bp whats higher your head or butt? Hence the handstand simulates something close to the position your body will be in when you go over. Also a park bench gives you good height comparable to that of a bike.
My first bad crash was a HC endoe gone wrong. I tucked and rolled ninja style as soon as it nosed over...going about 30 mph, and everything went fine.

Until my bike landed on me mid-roll and broke/cracked 3 vertebrae and 5 ribs. Tucking and rolling sounds good...but it's a hard move to get right when you have a split second to react, and the first reaction is usually, "SH*T!" And like others have pointed out...your bike really IS chasing you at that point. I don't even try stoppies anymore. I'll let people with more ***** and better insurance have those :-)

Last edited by Lotensin22; 04-06-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

when people roll long stoppies its not flipping their worried about, its the precision of steering it. you dont just jam on the brakes and shoot straight to bp, you ease into it. most stoppies that are flipped are at slow speeds anyway because thats the speed amatuers are comfortable with, or a pro is getting really close to that cone or meter stick and gets greedy.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 AM

zackstunt420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by cpohoski
I have crashed twice in about 20,000 attempts doing stoppies. The first nothing happened. The second one I broke my thumb. I think I want to learn to roll when I fall so I dont break/sprain wrists. What do u guys do who rock sik rollers 300+? Cause I know I'm going to crash more its inevitable to get that kinda feel on the bp. If u guys do this how did you learn? I was thinking do a handstand on the top of a park bench and trying to roll off of that first. Any ideas?
Either You Are Bullshittin Everyone On SL...Or You Have Some Type Of Anti-Crash Cage Or whatever On Your Bike

-Zack-