07 R1

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point
07 R1

has anyone rode one yet?? actually has anyone stunted one??? or even wheelied it??? im bout to get a 1000 and leaning towards the R1 but have heard from some people that the 07 R1 has problems doin wheelies due to the new electronic throttle and how the bike computer is set up.

any info would be appreciated. thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person
Re: 07 R1

if you listen to any idiot saying that ****.... well that makes you dumerererere than they are.

how would that interrupt a wheelie??

they were saying tha same dumb **** about the 06 R6 when it came out, and i have gotten that thing to a 15mph crawl on a wheelie.

my boi has a 07 R1, and i havent seen it have a problem yet. wheelies all day long, some of the silkiest SS's without a handbrake i have seen.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 PM

thats why im askin. have some common sense. this is what the site is for. i couldnt find any info about it on any other site and its all been word of mouth. i dont know anyone in my area that has the 06 r6 or 07 R1. thats WHY IM ASKIN

ive also read in the new SSB mag about the 07 R1 and they said it has a serious lag under 5500 rpm which i didnt know about either. they had to change the rear sprocket 2 up in the back and it got rid of it. i plan on goin 5 or 6 up in the back so i shouldnt have a problem

im tryin to find out as much info about the bike as i can before i go buy it.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

all the yamaha's that focus on severe highend preformance like the R6 and R1 have a lag low in the reps... but it is really nothing that you will notice like that.

and changing sprockets to get rid of the lagg????? that doesnt get rid of it, it only helps you rev through it faster.... but i dunno what they are refering to, and if it does have lag... well i have personally seen this bike annihilate ZX10's, and a gsx-r 1 on a drag race 4 times consecutively. if it has some lag, it doesnt affect it at being severely fast.

i can see where it would get annoying on the track, but never on the street. my 06 has lag under 7k, but it is quiet as a church mouse... because the bike painfully accelerates still.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Feels very similar to the '06 R1 but I only rode it for a few minutes.

Cool bike for streets but if you're serious about stunt riding that is NOT the best choice.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hazen

Cool bike for streets but if you're serious about stunt riding that is NOT the best choice.
i have my stunt bike already. this is goin to be my street stunter/show bike. dont plan on doin any serious stuntin on it. but its gonna get blinged out but im still gonna do some wheelies and endos on it. im addicted, i cant not stunt a bike.. haha

just wanna make sure there wont be any problems doin wheelies on the bike first, you know?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:08 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hazen

...werd...

I had an 05 R1, bought brand new from bay yamaha 2 years ago 10,900 out the door....(ended up getting stolen)... bike IMO was garbage, no torque, I went -2 on the counter sprocket, there was no power until 7k rpm, handled twisties like no other, a BIT light in the front end, tons of head shake, the factory so-called dampner was garbage.......The balance point was next to nill imo..plus the rear left peg was WAY high and far back as f*k to make it feel comfortable for stand ups....

I dont think I would buy a new 04'-present R1 ever again, unless it was strickly a twisty/bling bike....
Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 PM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
well i have personally seen this bike annihilate ZX10's, and a gsx-r 1 on a drag race 4 times consecutively.

annihilate??? thats a strong word....the guys ridin the other bikes must have been shitty riders....they are too close in performance
Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Burial87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SICmestizoRider
has anyone rode one yet?? actually has anyone stunted one??? or even wheelied it??? im bout to get a 1000 and leaning towards the R1 but have heard from some people that the 07 R1 has problems doin wheelies due to the new electronic throttle and how the bike computer is set up.

any info would be appreciated. thanks
i originally wanted an r1 for my first bike but everyone told me the throttle issues sux.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:49 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LilJohn636
annihilate??? thats a strong word....the guys ridin the other bikes must have been shitty riders....they are too close in performance
+1.....all the liter bikes are fast.....and the numbers are very close....it's always going to come down to the rider......
Old 04-05-2007, 03:55 PM

ninjaskills66 is an unknown quantity at this point

my buddy let me ride his 07 r1 and i did a few wheelies on it. it's cool cause you can clutch it up at like 70mph in first gear haha. but if i got one i would gear it cause i hate how it doesn't have bottom end
Old 04-05-2007, 04:18 PM

karrot-x is an unknown quantity at this point

Are the issues of "lack of ***** below 7k" on all new liter bikes? Is it just Yamaha?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 AM

must be on all the bikes because the 1/4miles are almost all identical....

they just feel like that because they are geared for high end craziness....

and the seeing the utter destruction of other bikes, is nothing but the truth. with bikes in drag racing, the ***** are so fast, you can see 3 bike lengths between two bikes... and they are like a 10.43, to a 10.72... and in the streets, not all riders will be equal... so the annihilation was severely evident, when this R1 was powering off on the rest of them.

the lag really hassnt much to do with its preformance, it is just how strong the bike comes on after that rpm is what makes it feel like it has lag.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:37 AM

tnextreme is a decent person

I just sold my 04 R1. Sickest bike I've ever ridden and am missin the hell out of it now. Yeah yeah the pegs are high and back but you can still ride a nasty stand up staggered or on the front pegs. I went one down in the front and it was a wheelie monster, endo'd so smooth, a bullet on the track and in the mountains. I'm on an 05 R6 now just cause I needed to free up some cash and didn't want to sacrifice the knee dragging skillz that Yamaha's provide. Just as soon as this season is over tho, I'm sellin this R6 and all my other toys and buildin an 07 R1 for next season. Hands down the best street bike you can buy for power/handling/style. Gear it a lil, slap on a PCIII and some pipes and nothing can touch you....if you can handle what its got.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:58 AM

+6 on that one.