Need help correcting my wheelie problem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
Re: Need help correcting my wheelie problem!

Originally Posted by -Eri
oh yes... oh yes my friend. and i bought a stoppie button
you got ripped off, i got one that will work, 300 shipped...
Old 04-04-2007, 02:09 PM

mastertonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 808stunna
if your putting to much pressure on your throttle hand then you will most likley be drifting to the right. also if your throttle in the wheelie isnt smooth that will help you drift to the side that you are putting more pressure on. every time you let off the throttle and rethrottle you will cause the bike to come back up crooked.
I think you're right I am still a little choppy on my throttle.. I'll practice more on my throttle...
BUT.. for some reason, the moment my front wheel comes up, its already pulling me to the left..
Also, I'm running about 32-34psi on my rear tire. do you think that contributes to the problem?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Veggie Dave
You need to relax. Any body tenseness will make the bike unstable. And make sure you're not tugging on the 'bars, either. Lack of smoothness on the throttle will also make the bike veer.
you're right... I need to relax more. Everytime it comes up, I tend to lean toward the front instead of sitting back.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

808stunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mastertonster
I think you're right I am still a little choppy on my throttle.. I'll practice more on my throttle...
BUT.. for some reason, the moment my front wheel comes up, its already pulling me to the left..
Also, I'm running about 32-34psi on my rear tire. do you think that contributes to the problem?
your tire pressure is fine for high speed stuff. its really a matter of trial and error. get smoother on teh throttle and try not to tense up to much when you bring it up. try a few things to correct it. try shifting your shoulders or your hip over to one side and see how that goes. just keep practiceing and you'll get it. i personaly dont like to do sit downs cause its much easier for me to steer the bike standing up.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 808stunna
your tire pressure is fine for high speed stuff. its really a matter of trial and error. get smoother on teh throttle and try not to tense up to much when you bring it up. try a few things to correct it. try shifting your shoulders or your hip over to one side and see how that goes. just keep practiceing and you'll get it. i personaly dont like to do sit downs cause its much easier for me to steer the bike standing up.

Alright.. I'll try shifting my body position a lil... and definitely more practice is what I need. Hey thanks!