hey i need help fassstt!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
hey i need help fassstt!!!!

ok my motor blew on my 05 gsxr 600 awhile ago...my buddy found me a 04 gsxr 600motor for 500bucks..it has 7,500miles on it..a 40 year old guy has the motor..he said no stunts..it was just crashed...the side is busted open where the clutches were...and the injectors are gone..he took them off to put on another motor...i have a motor..so i can put my clutches and injectors on the motor...my question is..if i put my pickup tube in it..do you think it will last??? do you think its a good deal??
Old 04-03-2007, 06:15 PM

6364daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hey i need help fassstt!!!!

you can put your stuff in there and do it it's a good deal.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:38 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know much about gixxers but if you can swap stuff between those 2 motors then yes that is an alright deal.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Don't know much about gixxers but if you can swap stuff between those 2 motors then yes that is an alright deal.
yea..only thing i couldnt swap would be the main bearing..haha or hte crank..my motor is fuuuccckked haha
Old 04-03-2007, 07:10 PM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

05 and 04 parts should be interchangeable, no problem. Your oil pickup will work fine......
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
+1
Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

How did you blow your motor so fast?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
How did you blow your motor so fast?
well 1...its a gixxer..and 2 sometimes **** just breaks i guess..
and i konw all the parts are interchangable..i was just seeing if yall thought it would last..and if it was a good deal:YEAH
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

do it
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 AM

King Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

U never know anything for sure.. I put my pickup tube in day one. and that motor is still going strong, with lots of shows and everything.. #1 allways change oil and keep the bike in good mechanical shape.. Your stunt bike is your baby. If u already had wheelies on the motor before pickup tube, then no telling how long it will last. Just try to stay easy on the rev's when on one wheel..Revs are what hurt the motor. If the front is up and u start to go to high in the rpm's, then let the front down to get a drink. Bike love their oil. Get off that damn dirtbike and get the real bike going.. My 07 zx6 is almost done..
Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 AM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by P.C.P. Tony
U never know anything for sure.. I put my pickup tube in day one. and that motor is still going strong, with lots of shows and everything.. #1 allways change oil and keep the bike in good mechanical shape.. Your stunt bike is your baby. If u already had wheelies on the motor before pickup tube, then no telling how long it will last. Just try to stay easy on the rev's when on one wheel..Revs are what hurt the motor. If the front is up and u start to go to high in the rpm's, then let the front down to get a drink. Bike love their oil. Get off that damn dirtbike and get the real bike going.. My 07 zx6 is almost done..
+1 30000 miles and mine is still running strong, pick up tubes are a must when it comes to gixxers, and oil changes, dont lack on maintance or its going to bit you in the ***
Old 04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
jmo

jmo is an unknown quantity at this point

sell all that **** and get a f4i i just did no comparing the 2 u can only do soooo much on the torque gixxxxers f4i all th way
Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I have had great luck on mine so far... maintain it pretty good... rode wheelies everywhere and did a pretty good bit of revlimiter action on it before the pickup tube... installed it and it's still running strong.. a friend of mine doesn't abuse his near as bad and is on engine #3.. same amount of riding.. I'd say 30,000 miles or so.. I think sometimes you just get a good one.. sometimes you get a bad one..
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by P.C.P. Tony
well stephen said like a 40 year old dude had the bike..so im guessing no wheelies were done and if so..they were power wheelies..no harm done...im brining my bike up thursday to swap everything out and see ifhte motor even runs. can't i put a little more oil in there extra so the bike would never start from oil...like from coasters and such
Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
I have had great luck on mine so far... maintain it pretty good... rode wheelies everywhere and did a pretty good bit of revlimiter action on it before the pickup tube... installed it and it's still running strong.. a friend of mine doesn't abuse his near as bad and is on engine #3.. same amount of riding.. I'd say 30,000 miles or so.. I think sometimes you just get a good one.. sometimes you get a bad one..
haha it seems i always get a bad one..with everything
Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by pcp weelo
+1 30000 miles and mine is still running strong, pick up tubes are a must when it comes to gixxers, and oil changes, dont lack on maintance or its going to bit you in the ***
dude...i can't get ahold of stephen to find out if he has the gaskets for the headers... get ahold of him somehow and check if he does..and i need one header bolt..haha
Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

did u get the motor yet?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

put the tube in,fill your oil to the middle of the site glass like normal..then put a full qt over that.i just built my gixxer and haven't had one problem yet.oh and a cct is a good idea too