first woolies

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:17 AM

live361 is an unknown quantity at this point
first woolies

i did my first semi sort good wheelies today im learning to clutch it im not going to even try power wheelies we all know why, i cant consinty make it come up but when it does i can hold it up for like 2 sec then i fall behind on the throttle, its at like 8 thousand when i clutch it and in first going like 40, is it easyier going a little faster in secound gear or do i just keep on with what im doing and yes i know r6 any suggetions about any thing im doing?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:06 AM

HARK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: first woolies

Originally Posted by live361
i did my first semi sort good wheelies today im learning to clutch it im not going to even try power wheelies we all know why, i cant consinty make it come up but when it does i can hold it up for like 2 sec then i fall behind on the throttle, its at like 8 thousand when i clutch it and in first going like 40, is it easyier going a little faster in secound gear or do i just keep on with what im doing and yes i know r6 any suggetions about any thing im doing?
you should probably stick to 1st until you can ridem out, way easier to pick-up 1st. second feels smoother to me but you dont want to be going that fast if you lay it down. gotta crawl before you walk. i'm almost walkin still fairly new myself. once first is in the bag and you got bp figured out, then 2nd is just a little more throttle to pick it up.( advice that worked for me):YEAH
Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 AM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

+1...It's like my buddy once told me, only goes as fast as you wanna fall. Stick with first gear. Get the feel for it and where you'll be at before you clutch it up. You can also contact Jordo on here. There's a couple of guy's from DSR that ride down in corpus. Maybe you can hook up with them and have them walk you through the motions as well.....
Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 AM

ptcspotweld is an unknown quantity at this point

i started by going like 15 mph and clutching it up. So even if you chase dont get to bp right away then your not goin too fast. they say faster is easier.

you should read this. https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...ing-basic.html
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 PM

thanks guys i looked out the window this mornig and all i see is wet so i got to let it dry a little before i go play and for riding with other people i dont want to yet cause i dont want to get pushed to fast all just keep going by my self so i can keep it at my level haha( yea just put your legs over the frount and clutch it up haha) thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

who's gonna call 4 help when you have an AH SH*T by your self? + haveing someone around who knows how to do what you want to learn will shorten the learning cuve! If ya dont want to do somthing just yet dont. just keep at it.............
Old 03-31-2007, 07:29 PM

Roger that. You'll only get better by having better people around you. Plus the guys down in corpus are some cool cats......
Old 03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

try it with lower rpms, bout 5 or 6 thousand, it will be smoother and you can ride it longer ( till you learn BP ) and second is a lot smoother and easier to control, first is twitchy. whatever you do, COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:02 PM

Double r -D- is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on the rear brake
Old 04-01-2007, 12:27 AM

Shaggs2Dope is a decent person

On a dirtbike I always used to clutch em up, but honestly the first ones I did on my 600RR were powering it up in 1st. It actually felt smoother than the clutching when I was startin off. Just bring it to 35mph in first, roll off and dip the forks and slap it open. It didn't just jump up like clutching it. I say learn a power wheel in 1st then do clutchin in second its much more natural IMO. Speed helps your balance. The slow ones are the ones I always feel like Imma drop it.

I need a cager badly so I can try slow stuff
Old 04-01-2007, 12:44 AM

if it will help me then ill give it a try and yes i all ways got the brake covered. today i practice for an hour then fuel light came on i can get um up 2 out of 3 preaty high and i tryed stagerd and when i would clutch it, it felt like i was gonna fall off the back (just a weird felling) and i cluted it at 15 a few time and it would just bog like there wasnt enough juice behind it but on the r6 the rpm go up 17500 so at 8 it comes up preaty easy
Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
On a dirtbike I always used to clutch em up, but honestly the first ones I did on my 600RR were powering it up in 1st. It actually felt smoother than the clutching when I was startin off. Just bring it to 35mph in first, roll off and dip the forks and slap it open. It didn't just jump up like clutching it. I say learn a power wheel in 1st then do clutchin in second its much more natural IMO. Speed helps your balance. The slow ones are the ones I always feel like Imma drop it.

I need a cager badly so I can try slow stuff

arn't you the guy bitchn the ohter day about killing your bike doing a power woolie? If so stop trying to be a teacher cause you don't know what your talking about
Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 AM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

just be careful and take your time man, i pushed myself to hard and made a stupid mistake which ended up in me not walking for 3 months (still have a month to go to!) ride at your level
Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 AM

Shaggs2Dope is a decent person

Originally Posted by r6-hooligan

arn't you the guy bitchn the ohter day about killing your bike doing a power woolie? If so stop trying to be a teacher cause you don't know what your talking about
I didn't bitch about killin a bike from a power wheelie. The 600rr power wheels no problem in 1st and 2nd. I have clutched up in every other bike I have ridden but any crotch rockets nowadays can easily power wheel with a quick snap of your wrist. And what I said is when I bought MY RR it was easier powerin it up. Thats PERSONAL feedback from MY experience, on MY BIKE.

So why don't you STFU, thanks that would be greeeeeeaaaaaaat. With your 24 posts of wisdom. I have only ridden my entire life and 10 years of being licensed. So you are gonna tell me I don't know what I am talkin about when its MY opinion on MY bike, What makes you the ****** expert of my personal preferance? Only time I have ever come close to messin my bike up is doin stoppies.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:08 AM

and when i said riding by my self i mean another on a bike that can do wheelies i all ways have two people so one can take me to the hopistal and a nother to pick up the pieces how i will never have to have them do that tho, whats the corpus ryders names on here?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:22 AM

I dont know if they're registered on here but hit up Jordo. Go search for him in the members list or try to find a thread he made and PM him from there.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:31 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
I didn't bitch about killin a bike from a power wheelie. The 600rr power wheels no problem in 1st and 2nd. I have clutched up in every other bike I have ridden but any crotch rockets nowadays can easily power wheel with a quick snap of your wrist. And what I said is when I bought MY RR it was easier powerin it up. Thats PERSONAL feedback from MY experience, on MY BIKE.

So why don't you STFU, thanks that would be greeeeeeaaaaaaat. With your 24 posts of wisdom. I have only ridden my entire life and 10 years of being licensed. So you are gonna tell me I don't know what I am talkin about when its MY opinion on MY bike, What makes you the ****** expert of my personal preferance? Only time I have ever come close to messin my bike up is doin stoppies.
you are giving some very bad advice. power wheelies are dangerous and unpredictable. by clutching the bike up you can bring it to the same height every time. plus power wheelies are gay and while it is easy to "snap you wrist", where's the ******* fun in that? if it was easy to wheelie and stunt every1 would do it.

back to the topic at hand. i ride with a bunch of guys that are WAY ahead of me but just take your time n learn at your own pace
Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM

today was a nother fun practice the wheele comes off the ground every time i just need to figure out the heighth of it and i rode out a 120 foot wheelie i learned a lot about throttle contol this my rist started hertin bad so i stood on the tank i was preaty easy still workin on the wheelies thanks for all the help you all are giving me