communicators

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:35 PM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point
communicators

I did a couple searches but couldn't find any usefull threads, so does anyone know of a good radio system to keep in touch with fellow stunters, when hitting the streets etc. ???????
Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: communicators

Originally Posted by ZANE
I did a couple searches but couldn't find any usefull threads, so does anyone know of a good radio system to keep in touch with fellow stunters, when hitting the streets etc. ???????
Gold wing people have them... try starting there.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

umm, a cell phone
Old 03-26-2007, 04:29 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^try texting instaed of talking. i know its probably new to u all in the sticks up there but u will get the hang of it
Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 PM

Undead stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

texting while riding? sounds like a accident waiting to happen
Old 03-26-2007, 04:36 PM

cashtown is an unknown quantity at this point

chatterbox
Old 03-26-2007, 04:36 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

it takes practice and know how
Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by cashtown
chatterbox
Yup +1
Old 03-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Undead stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cashtown
chatterbox
?????????????????????
Old 03-26-2007, 06:24 PM
N/A

Type of 2 way hands free comm device.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 PM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually have been thinking about using chatterboxes for this same reason for a while now, they just cost so damn much i haven't bought one or a set yet. it is definitely agood thing we all need to look into. i haven't used one but I've always heard that u can hear crystal clear in them, and that you can talk back and forth at the same time it's not like a walkie talkie where only one person can speak at a time. i tried 2-way radios wit headsets set on vox 1 time but it was useless on the freeway. i am going to try to save up enough to get 1 or a set. But i would look into extending the mic/speaker cords and have that helmet receiver unit tucked in the tail of my bike cuz if 5-0 gets hip to the fact that that's how we are watching for them and sending warnings out, they will start trying to tap into the channels to try to get names/info on where we are headed. Also those chatterboxes have extra plug in's for mp3 players and sell phones. i hear like if u playing some music and u wanna talk or somebody wants to talk to you it automatically turns down so you can hear and be heard. This is tight because u could in theory hook up a small hand held police scanner up to the chatter box and be listen-n in on the cops while your doing yo thang and can still talk back and forth wit no prob. I'm Def going to be looking into this for the summer, i'll post up another thread if i can get the equip and it works out.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM

here is a link for those who are not familar
http://www.chatterboxusa.com/
Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM

tallyturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

chatterboxs are to bulky. there another thing out called the scalar rider and its half the size and does the same thing. it has 2 earphones unlike the one of chatterbox, automatically shuts the music off and is bluetooth capable... if i were to get anyting that would be it
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM

i just found out from the chatterbox site they are coming out with a bluetooth one in june, but i'm about to check that scalar rider one out right now, i'm hoping it's cheaper.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

i wouldnt place the actuall unit anywhere else than it is entended.... and many more mature riders use them, so i think the cops may give you a ghetto pass for rockin one, or atleast they wont think much of it until the whole pack is rockin em.

i will buy some this week, and test this theory out... this works especially well, when you have a non stunter in the pack with mirrors on... he can be ya info man.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

i got the chatter box and it does all a that, except blue tooth. and my chatter box has 2 headphones, that go in sterio which is cool for music. shuts music off when a transmission comes through, and can hook a cell phone up to it. I saw the new one at a shop (display not for sale) and its about 3x2.5ish and about an inch thick. blue tooth capable. its gonna be sick but its hella expensive

and the newest chatter box available, is single transmission, its not like a phone call. so wherever you heard that from is wrong. They are crystal clear, until you get going fast and your not in a tuck. And you always have an idiot in the group with one, that goes fast and will not turn his Voice Sensitivity down, so all you hear is "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH" untill he talks, slows down, tucks, or moves his head just right. They are awesome when everyone knows how to work around the bugs. I love mine. i acually broke the clamp on mine and my friend ran it over. After i fixed it, and could head oceanside PD on it.

Last edited by -GoBLIN-; 03-26-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 PM

Ok that Scalar Rider thing is different i just remembered my friend had 1, but i didn't know the name. It is just a Buetooth helmet headset. Chatterbox is like using Walkie Talkies except it is full duplex so you can talk back and forth at the same time. u don't have to speak and then let the other person talk, you can talk just like you would in person. And it takes cell phone inpute, threw wire or Blutooth. THhis new one actually has 2 inputs, so thats a cell phone, mp3 player (4 me cell phone, police scanner if possible). I'd hate to have to wait for a call to go threw to tell my boys 5-0 is near be coo or whatever. by that time you Jacked!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

i just bought the new one, and it doesnt let me talk like in person, you have to wait for them to shut up

Quick Reply: communicators