f4i boggin like crazy! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i boggin like crazy! HELP!

Originally Posted by JOKER JOE
have you checked the tps and crank sensor on it. this will also cause the bike to act like this.
thanks for chiming in! please explain how to check these so i can do so

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
that low rev pause is from the K&N.let me guess.....K&N,aftermarket pipe...but no power commander? right? it's like changing the pipe and filter on a carbed bike but not jetting it.put your stock filter back in and the problem is solved
stock pipe... never had a problem with my last motor doing this and i am still using my old ecu

this is frustrating as ****. i just want the damn thing to run right! the power and response is normal if i'm rollin like 5k rpms and clutch it up but its just bogging if i try to do anything from an idle
Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mikeith
thanks for chiming in! please explain how to check these so i can do so

stock pipe... never had a problem with my last motor doing this and i am still using my old ecu

this is frustrating as ****. i just want the damn thing to run right! the power and response is normal if i'm rollin like 5k rpms and clutch it up but its just bogging if i try to do anything from an idle
if you dont have the upper and tubes on have you taped up one side of the airbox yet?probably not the problem but it will help with the bog when your on idle.do me a favor and explain exacally what it is doing and i'll tell you what to check.is it still running on 3 cylinders?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:16 PM

nope runnin on all four.... airbox not taped (how do i tape it?) ok the bike cranks and idles fine but if i rev it it boggs really bad... even at like 165+ degrees.... but if i twist the throttle slowly it seems fine.... and past 5k rpms its fine. if i try to clutch up anything at idle it boggs even if i have the revs already built up....if i ride for about tweny minutes it gets a little better but it still does it. it doesnt cut out or pop anywhere in the powerband... just boggs really bad at a low rpm.... even taking off from a stop you cant twist open the throttle all the way(even slowly) w/o it bogging.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:45 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like either fuel, vacuum or something electrical. Weird bro... sorry I'm not more information.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:57 PM

nope runnin on all four.... airbox not taped (how do i tape it?) ok the bike cranks and idles fine but if i rev it it boggs really bad... even at like 165+ degrees.... but if i twist the throttle slowly it seems fine.... and past 5k rpms its fine. if i try to clutch up anything at idle it boggs even if i have the revs already built up....if i ride for about tweny minutes it gets a little better but it still does it. it doesnt cut out or pop anywhere in the powerband... just boggs really bad at a low rpm.... even taking off from a stop you cant twist open the throttle all the way(even slowly) w/o it bogging.
just pull the tank and duct tape one side where the air tube goes in or duct tape the end on one of the tubes.it sounds as if you have a vaccum line disconnected.while you have the tank off check all your hoses and make sure none are pinched by the tank or in between the motor and the frame.that would be what i would look for first.by the way is it a Cali model?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

have u checked all electrical connects on the throttle bodies and airbox? are all the vacuum lines hooked up, there are three that go to the airbox. taping up one side will not fix your problem here.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jb420
have u checked all electrical connects on the throttle bodies and airbox? are all the vacuum lines hooked up, there are three that go to the airbox. taping up one side will not fix your problem here.
i guess you didn't read the rest of my post
Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 PM

nope not cali model... i'll check the vacuum hoses also... what coulda been pinched between the frame and motor... arent all the vacuum lines right there on the back of the throttlebody... and isn't there four going to the airbox? that pair hose, crankcase vent hose(the 2 bigs ones) and the 2 small ones at the back of the airbox? man this is a mess!!! so i have these things to chck when i return home wednesday
-tps
-crank sensor
-coil packs
-vacuum hoses

from what i gather you guys are pretty sure i'm havin a vacuum problem right?
so i should check that first then the electric side of things?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 PM

nope not cali model... i'll check the vacuum hoses also... what coulda been pinched between the frame and motor... arent all the vacuum lines right there on the back of the throttlebody... and isn't there four going to the airbox? that pair hose, crankcase vent hose(the 2 bigs ones) and the 2 small ones at the back of the airbox? man this is a mess!!! so i have these things to chck when i return home wednesday
-tps
-crank sensor
-coil packs
-vacuum hoses

from what i gather you guys are pretty sure i'm havin a vacuum problem right?
so i should check that first then the electric side of things?
i've been a bike mech for a long time and to me it sounds like a vaccum leak.weather it be a hose is'nt connected or it might have a hole or cut somewhere..it could also be something electrical but usually when something like a coilpack or sensor goes it causes alot more problems than what is being explained.hope you find it and get riding again.if you have anymore questions just ask
Old 03-13-2007, 04:55 PM

fifa is an unknown quantity at this point

ok easy way to check if its your tps unplug it and if it runs the same .. there is your prob !! and you should reinstall the factory idle cable, because it runs the air idle control valve and not the butterfly's so when its removed it changes how the motor runs at idle and just above ..
Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
i've been a bike mech for a long time and to me it sounds like a vaccum leak.weather it be a hose is'nt connected or it might have a hole or cut somewhere..it could also be something electrical but usually when something like a coilpack or sensor goes it causes alot more problems than what is being explained.hope you find it and get riding again.if you have anymore questions just ask
thanks for the input... i'm back home so i'll check it out tonight and post back on it later

Originally Posted by fifa
ok easy way to check if its your tps unplug it and if it runs the same .. there is your prob !! and you should reinstall the factory idle cable, because it runs the air idle control valve and not the butterfly's so when its removed it changes how the motor runs at idle and just above ..
good idea! but as far as the idle... never removed the stocker.... its still on
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 AM

missiaenf is a decent person

may be ignition , @ one point that made my R6 run as bad as a buell blast
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 PM

well i think the tp sensor is my problem.... unplugged it and it runs the same as w/ it plugged... so gotta call and order that and btw they are a PAIN to install becaus they have this screw that the head snaps off on when you torque it down so there it no way to unscrew it... may be easier to just put a whole throttlebody setup on it
Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 PM

still gonna check the coil packs just caus though
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM

nos96f22 is an unknown quantity at this point

when i bought my bike it had full system yosh and a k n filter and it did the same thing..anytime i gave it gas it would stutter and bog till it hit the higher rpms then it was fine... put the stock filter and stock pipe on and it ran 100% better
Old 03-14-2007, 02:30 PM

this aint a little bog! at idle if you snap the throttle wide open and just BOGS at like 3000 rpms a slowwwly creeps to about 5 then finishes the rev... i cant test it the way the book says(becaus i need the ecu test harness) but its running the same w/ the sensor unplugged as it is w/ it plugged so thats my guess... but if that doesnt fix my prob i'm just gonna end up takin to a shop and spendin $75 for them to figure it out i could do it but i dont have the tools to do it
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM

it is easier to put another set of throttle bodies on cause i think that your tps sensor has to be set too .. 1 volt or somethin
Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 PM

if it doesn't change anything when you unplug it then 99% garenteed that its the tps .. my double r was runnin the same when i first put the 900 rr cable on the butterfly's .. i forgot to plug it back in ..had it all together and was boggin like crazy so tore it back down and plugged it back in . i also had a gixxer with this prob and it was the tps on it too ..so from my experience .. that is most likely your prob
Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 AM

i had to drill it and use an easy out to remove the screw because they have the "one time" screws that the head snaps off of when they get tightened.... why the **** would they put something like that on there makes it a pain in the *** to remove!!! but i ordered a new one so i'll try it when it comes in.... is there anything special i need to do when installing it? or do i just screw it on and go?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 AM

nos96f22 is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have a slipon or a full system

Quick Reply: f4i boggin like crazy! HELP!